Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

http://www.colgate.ie/app/OralHealthMonth/IE/Home.cvsp

Purchase mouthwash, toothpaste and two brushes and Colgate will pay up to €65 towards your check up or scale and polish. Cant imagine the price of those items comes to more than €10-€15.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

That seems crazy! Check out mace people... colgate toothpaste and toothbrushes are €1 each at the minute!!! at least they are in my local one :-)

EDIT: Possibly not the specific ones listed here... 360 brushes and Total toothpaste! Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭RayCon

Careful, the products must be those listed in the promotion ...

2 X "360" toothbrushes
    1 X 100ml "Total" toothpaste
    1 X 500ml "Plax" Mouthwash

still an excellent offer .... just did a check in Tesco's and it comes to €14.94

yeah saw that about the specific products... However in the terms and conditions it says

"In order to qualify for the refund offer up to a maximum value of €65 for a dental check up OR scale and polish, participants are required to purchase all of the following items from the Colgate range in a single transaction between 1st September 2010 and 30th September 2010: 2 x Colgate 360° toothbrushes, any Colgate Total toothpaste (100ml) and any Colgate mouthwash (500ml). The receipt for this purchase must be retained."

so it's just the toothbrush that has to be specific! However they must all be on one receipt... so be carefull of that too!

EDIT: Also don't buy untill tomorrow!! Free scale and polish valid till November 30th! Seriously good offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭RayCon

so it's just the toothbrush that has to be specific! However they must all be on one receipt... so be carefull of that too!

The toothpaste too ... it has to be from their TOTAL range ... Colgate have shedload of varieties on the market ...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Here is the T&C's.

Its a great way for them to gather contacts for further promotions & marketing.

But still a great offer TBH.

Terms and Conditions

Offer open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 16 and over. This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, its subsidiaries and any of the agencies or companies associated with this promotion, including their immediate families.

The promotion begins on 1st September 2010.

In order to qualify for the refund offer up to a maximum value of €65 for a dental check up OR scale and polish, participants are required to purchase all of the following items from the Colgate range in a single transaction between 1st September 2010 and 30th September 2010: 2 x Colgate 360° toothbrushes, any Colgate Total toothpaste (100ml) and any Colgate mouthwash (500ml). The receipt for this purchase must be retained.

Participants must have their check up or scale and polish at their preferred dentist in the Republic Of Ireland no later than 30th November 2010 and retain their dentists receipt clearly detailing the check up or scale and polish treatment and the amount paid.

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Products bought at discounted rates, buy one get one free or similar deals will not qualify.

Participants must retain and submit the following in order to qualify for the cash back offer: 1) A single receipt showing the purchase of all 4 Colgate items as detailed above, the date of which must precede that of the check up or scale and polish 2) The receipt from a dentist clearly detailing the check up or scale and polish treatment and the amount paid. The receipts will not be returned 3) The claim form for the cash back offer completed in full with the applicants details: name, date of birth, address, (hard copy and web print offs are acceptable).

Failure to submit all of the above will result in the application being treated as invalid and being returned to the consumer.

Consumers will have the opportunity to re-submit their application provided it is received within 1 month from the date of the original application.

Participants will have access to the following customer helpline: Ph 0818 444 849. Calls made to this number will be charged €0.093 per minute.

Applications should be sent to: Colgate Dental Check Up Offer, PO Box 11219 Fairview, Dublin 3.

The closing date for the receipt of applications is 15th February 2011. All entries after this date will be deemed invalid.

Applications must not be sent through agents or third parties, any such applications will be deemed invalid.

All refunds will be made by cheque.

The cheque value will be the price paid by the consumer for the check up or scale and polish as detailed on the receipt up to a maximum of €65.00.

The refund value of €65.00 is based on the average prices as determined by the National Consumer Agency in “Doctors and Dentists Survey”, May 2010.

Please allow 28 days for cheque delivery. Cheques will only be made payable to the person whose name appears on the claim form.

Only one application per person throughout the promotion Period will be accepted. No bulk applications will be accepted.

The promoter is not responsible for lost, delayed, damaged, illegible, fraudulent or incomplete applications. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.

By applying for the refund of their check up or scale and polish, all applicants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.

The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.

The Promoter does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Any data collected will be used solely for the purpose of administering this promotion.

This promotion shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
    Promoter: Colgate-Palmolive Operations (Ireland) Ltd, Unit 3054, Lake Drive, City West Business Campus, Naas Road, Dublin 24.
    Please do not send applications to this address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

alot of Ts & Cs for them to get be able to get out of paying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

alot of Ts & Cs for them to get be able to get out of paying

do you really have to crap over every bargain thread? you don't have to live up to your user name you know?

those T&Cs seem fairly standard to me and not designed to get out of paying, but you know that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

do you really have to crap over every bargain thread? you don't have to live up to your user name you know?

lol! I know where he's coming from though.There's always some sort of catch with every offer i.e. they won't be losing any money so you can gain from it.It's a business after all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Promoter does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Any data collected will be used solely for the purpose of administering this promotion.

I'm surprised this is in there and is very generous of Colgate.

As for their motives, they're giving you a free dental check up which will cost them about €50 per person. A person will associate a lot of goodwill with the company and any person who converts to Colgate products will be worth a lot more than €50 per person considering just one purchase of the products in their range costs nearly €15!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

carbsy wrote: »
    lol! I know where he's coming from though.There's always some sort of catch with every offer i.e. they won't be losing any money so you can gain from it.It's a business after all. :)

what's the catch with this one?

seems to me they're just making sure that people aren't buying stuff over the course of a few visits (which they might be doing anyway) so that they can accurately check if there's a spike in sales of colgate that can be attributed solely to this promotion.

the reason for T&Cs is to stop people taking the proverbials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm surprised this is in there and is very generous of Colgate.

As for their motives, they're giving you a free dental check up which will cost them about €50 per person. A person will associate a lot of goodwill with the company and any person who converts to Colgate products will be worth a lot more than €50 per person considering just one purchase of the products in their range costs nearly €15!

True.Also, they'll probably get a fright when they find out that their teeth are in bad shape and panic buy another load of Colgate products. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lauraeire

If the applicants must be 16 and over, do you think I can claim for my kids (U16) dental check-ups which are due in sept anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Make sure that you buy your toothbrush etc before your dentist appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ideally using colgate products should keep your teeth nice and healthy.

Should it not be the Coca Cola company paying for this...:rolleyes:

I'll price in boots tomorrow... See if we can get lower than €14.94 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fistycuffs wrote: »
    Make sure that you buy your toothbrush etc before your dentist appointment.

And that the dentist's receipt is made out to you !

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Do you think a visit to dental hygienist would be covered ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Priced them in Tesco for €15

Colgate 360 toothbrush 2 x €4.23
    Colgate Plax 500ml BOGOF €3.85
    Colgate Total Sensitive Tpaste 100ml €2.69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Yes, this does seem like a deal too good to be true. I see it's in partnership with the Irish Dental Association. It could be that they are accepting a hit too. Maybe Colgate will get some kickback if the number of people getting a checkup goes up. In fact I see a much bigger upside to the dentists than to Colgate. Once someone who has not been to the dentist in years finally goes, they may keep going.

Great Bargain alert!

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Savage Cabbage

got to be one of the strangest promotions ever!! I hope the dentist doesnt recommend using Sensodine or Colgate will have shot themselves in the foot... or is the dentist a certain Dr Nick Riviera ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

snubbleste wrote: »
    Priced them in Tesco for €15

Colgate 360 toothbrush 2 x €4.23
    Colgate Plax 500ml BOGOF €3.85
    Colgate Total Sensitive Tpaste 100ml €2.69

In the terms and conditions it says products bought with other offers including discounts or BOGOF will not qualify.

christo82 wrote: »
    In the terms and conditions it says products bought with other offers including discounts or BOGOF will not qualify

It's still €15 then without the second bottle of Plax.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Yes, but I mean you have to buy them when an offer is not on, because it will show up on your receipt as BOGOF

christo82 wrote: »
    Yes, but I mean you have to buy them when an offer is not on, because it will show up on your receipt as BOGOF

No you don't. If you buy two the receipt will show BOGOF. If you buy one it won't, no one forces you to place the second one in the basket.

Can anyone price these products in Dunnes and other supermarkets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Purchased today in Dunnes for €15.28

Thank you OP you fine fellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭patrickc

feck it the Oh and my self had checkups last month, wonder can we use the reciepts from the dentist from last month..

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Listed below are the products ypu will need to buy.

Buy any one of these.

Colgate Total Toothpaste
    100ml

Colgate Total Advanced Clean
    100ml

Colgate Total + Whitening Toothpaste
    100ml

Colgate Total + Sensitive Toothpaste
    100ml

Colgate Total Toothpaste Pump
    100ml

Colgate Total + Whitening Toothpaste Pump
    100ml

Colgate Total Advanced Clean Pump
    100ml

Any 2 of these units
    Colgate 360 Microsonic Toothbrush

Colgate 360 Sensitive Pro Relief Toothbrush
    unit

Colgate 360 Medium Toothbrush
    unit

Colgate 360 Actiflex Soft Toothbrush
    unit

Any one of these
    Colgate Plax Coolmint Mouthrinse

500ml

Colgate Plax Whitening Mouthrinse
    500ml

Colgate Plax Softmint Mouthrinse
    500ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭enviro

Thanks OP, great deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sunny14a

I went onto the colgate website www.colgate.co.uk and cannot get information about this offer. In fact I cannot even get a site for www.colgate.ie. Then, the Irish Dental Association who are supposed to be in on the offer have no mention of it on their website. In fact, the only way to get onto the site mentioned on this thread seems to be to click on the link on this site. Is this offer real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sunny14a

OOps. Its probably legit as found link on Irish dental Association website.
    Sorry about that.
    www.colgateohm.ie
    (Just paniced when a lot of the links on the site were not working)

Advertisement