Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can still apply for it, provided you've already got your receipts for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Scam of the year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

felic wrote: »
    Scam of the year!

Oh? why is that?
    scam, n. A trick, a ruse; a swindle, a racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrmr

i got mine!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

snubbleste wrote: »
    Oh? why is that?
    scam, n. A trick, a ruse; a swindle, a racket.

Yes, Colgate and dentists in on it. You go to Dentist for "free" check up and a clean, dentist spots a heap of things "wrong" with your teeth and you end up paying through the nose for it in the long run.

Apart from the odd filling You are better off going up north for dental work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yes, Colgate and dentists in on it. You go to Dentist for "free" check up and a clean, dentist spots a heap of things "wrong" with your teeth and you end up paying through the nose for it in the long run.

Apart from the odd filling You are better off going up north for dental work.

You have a very skeptical attitude! When I got my teeth cleaned there was nothing wrong found with my teeth... I just paid €60 and got my receipt... Not everything is a conspiracy! Was there loads of stuff found wrong with your teeth or something?

Admittedly I was hoping to get my cheque in the post sooner than this, but i'm sill optimistic it will come!

(Paying through the nose for your teeth... there must be a pun in there somewhere put i couldn't get it :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I sent mine in nearly 4months ago, still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

I got a letter back. My receipt from the Dentist is not have any details just the amount. I had to get a new receipt stating it was for a scale and polish and post it back to them.

I should have read the details before I sent it away. My own fault. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

:)Got mine about 2 months ago - no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

I felt, i didn't know where to contact, so somebody still might feel similar.

My Tesco reciepts were low informative, but it was ok for promo.

Suggestion: Try to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Got mine last week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Thanks OP, received my cheque last week also :) ! I sent in the form at the start of October with a Tesco receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

You have a very skeptical attitude! When I got my teeth cleaned there was nothing wrong found with my teeth... I just paid €60 and got my receipt... Not everything is a conspiracy! Was there loads of stuff found wrong with your teeth or something?

Admittedly I was hoping to get my cheque in the post sooner than this, but i'm sill optimistic it will come!

(Paying through the nose for your teeth... there must be a pun in there somewhere put i couldn't get it :rolleyes:)

Went to my dentist and was given an appointment with the hygenist. She cleaned my teeth but wanted to organise another visit for a deeper clean. They wanted to charge extra for a checkup which I will organise in January with my PRSI.

Last year the dentist cleaned the teeth in one visit and examined the teeth at the same visit. Now they are trying to convert this into 2 visits to the hygenist at 70 a visit and a visit to the dentist for a checkup.

I think many dentists may have used this as an opertunity to get extra business.

A friend of mine went to the same dentist and he had to go back for the deep clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bphal01

Got my cheque last week
    Sent Lidl receipt in Oct
    Only needed 1 dentist visit
    Hope they do it again in 2011

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Still waiting on my payment :(

Might try giving this number a call for their helpline.

http://www.saynoto1890.com/189-colgate-dental-offer-helpline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Still waiting on my payment :(

Might try giving this number a call for their helpline.

http://www.saynoto1890.com/189-colgate-dental-offer-helpline

I'm still waiting as well, so you aren't the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

Hi I got my cheque 2 days before Christmas, I had sent the stuff in september. so i think that they are taking their time to get through the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Went to Smiles on O'Connell Street.
    Complete waste of time, thank god it'll be free - if I get the cheque anytime soon.

In and out of the chair in 5 minutes. Guy rubbed some paste around my gum with his fingers like I was a horse.
    Any other time I've had a teeth cleaning (first time in this dentist) they've taken more time and care and applied the paste to each tooth individually with some sort of brush of sorts.

Appointment was for 4:30 and I was waiting 15 minutes, so I reckon they all wanted to get out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Sent my form back in late October early November. Not a hint of a cheque yet. Think its best to just assume we're getting nothing and then be surprised if the cheque finally arrives. Seems bad though that they dont even acknowledge receiving the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm assuming I'll get it or else I'll go batshít.
    I did everything to the letter. I am being patient for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Does anyone have the pdf for the original claim form? can't get it off the website anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

here you go grimm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

bungaro79 wrote: »
    here you go grimm

Thanks a million!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Called the 'helpline' and it says that due to the sucess of the promotion, there are deklays in posting cheques.

Whilst it was an irish phone number the accent was english - just hope they are referring to the irish promotion, held 10 mins for an operator to clarify but no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

My wife got her cheque over Christmas but I'm still waiting even though both were submitted at the exact same time:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Update from Colgate : They have finished processing all October applications. They are starting November next Monday/this week.

So hopefully no need for panic. I still haven't received mine mind you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I sent mine in September, no sign yet.............:( - again, done completely by the book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I posted mine in 25th september and got it the week before christmas. I was initially concerned and rang the helpline but they said it was being processed in Luxemburg and couldn't comment on my individual application. I did everything as they said and it arrived. Haven't cashed it yet and glad of it now after christmas. Keep the faith it will arrive:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Received mine about a week ago - to my folks address so not sure exactly what day. Anyway i sent it 4th Oct with a lidl receipt. Thanks OP!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Got mine yesterday. I sent the application off at the beginning of October.

A bit of a slow process but can't complain. €65 extra that I had basically forgotten about.

Advertisement