Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can hypnotism work?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭SparrowTown

It says "without prejudice" at the top of the letter, and I looked it up on the internet and it seems that this means that the case isn't closed and he could file something against me in future. I asked the consumer helpline and they said that I should keep the letter for a few years in case! What do you make of that?
    this is not legal advice but without prejudice ususally means you cannot use the letter against him in any legal action and probably could not use the fact he had refunded you if you took a case. To my knowledge anything in the letter could not be entered into court without his agreement and possibly without the agreement of both of you. But I am not a legal person so this is only my limited understanding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_%28legal_procedure%29

"In many common law jurisdictions such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, the term "without prejudice" is also used in the course of negotiations to indicate that a particular conversation or letter is not to be tendered as evidence in court; it can be considered a form of privilege.[2] This usage flows from the primary meaning: concessions and representations made for purpose of settlement are simply being mooted for that purpose, and are not meant to actually concede those points in litigation."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Ok thanks. Well I'll just consider the matter closed now.

Advertisement