Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Playstaion 3 console - with Eircom Broadband Sign Up

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Where can you go on the eircom site to check your Usage these days, can't find the section it used to be in.. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Where can you go on the eircom site to check your Usage these days, can't find the section it used to be in.. :(

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?New&Kb=bb&Company={1326AEE5-D1C7-47EA-B46D-F52C67C45DC5}

right hand side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

just in Harvey norman aswell, you can sign up for any of the broadband packages- 1mb,3mb,7mb etc!!
    great offer if you were going to get eircom in regardless
    My son is looking for a ps 3 for xmas, this would have been ideal for me only i am with eircom already and offer is for new customers only!!
    im raging :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Does this only apply if you sign up for broadband ony, or can you sign up for a phone & broadband package in Harvey Normans?
    Davy wrote: »
    Only certain exchanges iirc.

Do you know which exchanges? I have an Eircom guy coming tomorrow to reconnect an old phone line and not having to pay line rental would be pretty damn sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Can the offer be bundled with talktime?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chicharit0

zuroph wrote: »
    how much is it working out at a month with the 10 months free line rental? didnt know that'd be on offer too...

i think its 29.99 for 3mb without the line rental and im not sure about her call package sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Savage Cabbage

Has anyone signed up to this yet? Whats the story T&Cs etc cause it sounds like an awesome deal (which usually means its not)

I signed up this morning. It does indeed work with the phone & broadband bundles. I've signed up for the 8mb "next gen broadband regular chatter" bundle which is €51.78 a month (including line-rental). Looks a pretty good deal for me. 30gb a month cap though which could be too low for some.

Once you get your first monthy bill, you bring it into Harvey Norman and get a 120gb PS3

jk86 wrote: »

Once you get your first monthy bill, you bring it into Harvey Norman and get a 120gb PS3

is that what they told you? they told my sister she could collect the ps3 when the connection was confirmed, took 2 days and now shes surfing, going to get the beauty now in a while :D
    BArra wrote: »
    never had a problem with eircom bb in 5 odd years of it

same here 5+ years with them and no major problems, just dont use their DNS servers change to open DNS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I signed up for the 3mb package with chatter on Saturday. Connection came online this morning. I have just left Harvey Normans in Limerick with my brand new 120gb PS3 slim:D

• Advertisement

moz wrote: »
    I have just left Harvey Normans in Limerick with my brand new 120gb PS3 slim:D

muahahahahahahahaha :)

Chicharit0 wrote: »
    is that what they told you? they told my sister she could collect the ps3 when the connection was confirmed, took 2 days and now shes surfing, going to get the beauty now in a while :D

Yeah, that's what the guy said. Though, he didn't seem to have heard about the deal before when I asked about it.

Do eircom send out anything in the post to confirm the connection? If so, I'll bring that in and try get mine

Do eircom send out anything in the post to confirm the connection? If so, I'll bring that in and try get mine

as far as i know they contact eircom directly and do a check when you call back into the shop, i will confirm this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Its interesting how marketing works both ways. I'm now looking to leave Eircom now after reading this. After about 8 years loyalty with them I've not got as much as a free key ring from them. :( Any other deals out there?

Good luck with the PS3's btw this is a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

You don't need any documentation other than your receipt. They can check instore if you are connected. Worked for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dingatron wrote: »
    Its interesting how marketing works both ways. I'm now looking to leave Eircom now after reading this. After about 8 years loyalty with them I've not got as much as a free key ring from them. :( Any other deals out there?

Good luck with the PS3's btw this is a great deal!

Switching (even back and forth) is the only way to get good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

can you cancel, and then reconnect to eircom and do this if out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishGaz

Hi all,

I was wounder what you all thought of this .

At present I am with Vodafone broadband @ 40 euro a month and work is paying for it by direct debit from their bank account. My home calls and line rental are with Eircom at present and just changed the pack to 32/33 euro a month talk bundle (not sure of the name of it but the basic pack). I am looking for a PS3 also and was wounder how I could get this because when I spoke to Eircom they said that if I move my broadband to Eircom they can do split billing so only work will be direct debited for the broadband at about 35-40 euro I think and my phone calls and line rental separatly billed. When I mentioned the Harvey Norman deal they said by moving broadband supplier this would not make me entitled to the free PS3 in Harvey Normans. Has anyone any thoughts on this or suggestions. Fyi I would do some downloading of films and tv episodes with Bitloard and don’t want to loose this option or be flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Checked the Eircom site and it says our line doesn't support broadband, but says the best package for me is their mobile broadband (there's no 3G here either, but that's another story:rolleyes:). I was wondering if I signed up to Eircom's mobile BB would I get a PS3?

Rang Harvey Norman in Castlebar to find out and was told (1) that package isn't available outside Dublin and (2) it's only landline packages that are eligible. Gutted.:(

Sick of this country and its feeble excuse for an infrastructure. I'm off to Nigeria for some real internets....

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Anyone recommend an online package?
    Lots of downloading and online play. Run about four/five devices off the router, 2xpc, ps3, other.
    No a lot of calls and could move to skype. Have the top (internet) package with Esat BT (or whoever) at the moment. Cheers Lawdie.

Wouldnt mind another PS3 in the house... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you know which exchanges? I have an Eircom guy coming tomorrow to reconnect an old phone line and not having to pay line rental would be pretty damn sweet

Only seen your post now, i think the offer is now over, ended yesterday :(

Davy wrote: »
    Only seen your post now, i think the offer is now over, ended yesterday :(

No worries. Apparently I wasn't eligible for it anyway (according to the guy in Harvey Norman...)

I went for the NGB Regular bundled with some phone package, which works out cheaper than the equivalent broadband only package when you factor in line rental. Go figure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭intro

Valid until Friday 3rd I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tk1234

Just been to the harvey norman in carrickmines, Offer valid till tommorow, The sales guy told me that you have to first cancel with your current provider and then come to them to avail of this offer, This would been couple days without internet. He didnt seem convincing, Anyone knows if thats the case?

tk1234 wrote: »
    Just been to the harvey norman in carrickmines, Offer valid till tommorow, The sales guy told me that you have to first cancel with your current provider and then come to them to avail of this offer, This would been couple days without internet. He didnt seem convincing, Anyone knows if thats the case?

yes you cancel with your current provider and sign up to eircom before tomorrow, when your fully connected head up to harveys and collect your free ps3 ;)

moz wrote: »
    You don't need any documentation other than your receipt. They can check instore if you are connected. Worked for me anyway.

So my eircom broadband is now connected. Went to the store in Rathfarnham today and they insist that I need to wait for my first bill :(

Different policies for different stores it seems :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samitony

Gave Harvey Norman in Waterford a call on Thursday to check that I could sign up for this offer on Friday (as I live 40 miles away) and they said sure...come on down! Arrived Friday and was told they could not sign me up as I was already with another broadband provider. Said I would cancel my current contract there and then but they said this would take 'at least three days' and then it would be too late. Rang Eircom from the store to see if they could help but the customer service guy said that while he knew very little about the deal, he understood it was 'not meant for people with other providers, but for current eircom customers'. I tried to argue the point with HN and Eircom but neither would budge. So a wasted journey...and no PS3!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Flynner64

Harvey Norman Naas were very helpful, signed up for 8M broadband, subsequently found out the phone line only allows 3mb, never mind, connected in 10 days, back into shop, handed a 120gb slimline PS3...happy days

For info, I signed up for free evning and weekend calls, and broadband, total is 46 a month, and its a 12 month contract

Advertisement