Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Playstaion 3 console - with Eircom Broadband Sign Up

Options
  • 28-08-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I was just in Harvey Normans in Blanchardstown and saw a sign up in store advertising a FREE PS3 Console when you sign up to any broadband package.

Just thought id pass this on as i already have my bb with eircom, but man if i didnt ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone got any official links or info on T&C's for this offer? Currently out of contract with by DSL supplier and not overly happy with their product so as I'm going to move at some stage and don't have a PS3 this would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was just in Harvey Normans in Blanchardstown and saw a sign up in store advertising a FREE PS3 Console when you sign up to any broadband package.

Just thought id pass this on as i already have my bb with eircom, but man if i didnt ;)

Aww damnit.. I moved to them only 3 months ago having had enough of problems with VF :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I seen this ad myself ,
    EDIT:
    To be honest I thought it was free broadband for a few months with a ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    ...having had enough of problems with VF :(

Snap.

That sounds more realistic Yoshytoshy, which is why I asked to see the offer in black and white...spending ~600 quid on BB for a year and receiving a 250 quid freebie sounds too good to be true especially from eircom and HN who are both likely to be feeling the pinch just now (I know eircom definitely are) in terms of profit.
    Going to pop into local HN later and see what's up...

[edit] Thanks for that waster81...good offer if that's all there is to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Rang them up, after your first bill you get voucher to take back to harvey normans and receive your ps3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

Moving house nxt week might move to eircom to avail of this thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Any link to this offer please?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

aw for the love of.... only just signed my mums house up with eircom broadband... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

waster81 wrote: »
    Rang them up, after your first bill you get voucher to take back to harvey normans and receive your ps3

any more info on this... did you have to mention harvey normans when you were signing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Have to go into harvey normans, sign up for eircom brodband with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

That's great Value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

afaik it's either an 18 or 24 month contract
    that said their customer service is excellent, well worth paying the bit more than other providers for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

afaik it's either an 18 or 24 month contract
    that said their customer service is excellent, well worth paying the bit more than other providers for
    But you dont need customer service with others cos the actual service isnt **** :P

Good bargain if your shoppin for Broadband, but TBH if its only BB you want, prob cheaper just buyin it separate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Probably need to sign up to an expensive package? 7Meg or higher maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tempest2003

Nope it said any bb package 1MB upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Eircom have all their BB prices for the first three months ,then it increases.

Mind how you go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭newirishshogun

Hmm, Wonder if I cancelled my eircom account and got the missus to sign up would I get a shiny new PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Interesting.. I think I'll pop in tomorrow. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont forget this whole Next Generation BB thing that they're doing. They've started to impose the usage limits! We're on an 8MB("Up to" aka 4.4MB) line and we're now capped at 30GB/Month combined!:mad: Moving away soon. Only suitable for light users, we've never gone lower than 50GB in a month:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

14oayxe.jpg

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    14oayxe.jpg

Thanks. Eircom must confirm connection first - how long could that take?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

JustinOval wrote: »
    Thanks. Eircom must confirm connection first - how long could that take?

I think usually within ten days, you still get the PS3 once you sign up by friday, dont have the broadband activated by friday

Davy wrote: »
    I think usually within ten days, you still get the PS3 once you sign up by friday, dont have the broadband activated by friday

Cool. Sign me up. :D

Eircom 3mb - €19.99 for first three months, then €29.99. That's a big saving on my current Vodafone bundle, if I drop the phone which we haven't used in ages. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

JustinOval wrote: »
    Cool. Sign me up. :D

Eircom 3mb - €19.99 for first three months, then €29.99. That's a big saving on my current Vodafone bundle, if I drop the phone which we haven't used in ages. ;)

I have the up to 3MB + Calls package with vodafone for 35e a month and would love to leave them as contention sucks at peak times, I cannot get over 2MB as I am in the sticks so dont think I would get an improvement with eircom, Eircom is 20 a month more expensive for the same thing or is there a new price list from Eircom for this deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Is it just the console or are there games or anything with it? How much does the console retail for?

bennyc wrote: »
    I have the up to 3MB + Calls package with vodafone for 35e a month and would love to leave them as contention sucks at peak times, I cannot get over 2MB as I am in the sticks so dont think I would get an improvement with eircom, Eircom is 20 a month more expensive for the same thing or is there a new price list from Eircom for this deal ?

Eircom is a lot more expensive for a similar call/BB bundle. €50odd I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

Seen this yesterday and was tempted , rang utv (my isp) this morning to check was I out of contract ,I am but the girl told me that utv will be dropping my monthly charge from €49 per month (7meg broadband ,line rental and evening and weekend calls ) to €38.99 when next generation broadband is available in my area (due before Christmas). Equivlant package with eircom will be €62 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Archangel.Nexus

Hmmmm, if only BB providers in this country didn't suck - Eircom censor your traffic (remember they do the illegal 3 strikes, as in illegal to do since they have to examine your traffic using DPI), UPC are just rubbish and can't even provide a simple 10 meg line to parliament street in Dublin city (some magic problem outside of the residance that after 2 mts is still not fixed) - I'm cancelling UPC this week (who needs TV when you have no web!!) - will pop over and see what the low down is on this deal... maybe they do it with someone other that Eircom...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Although Eircom advertise 3mb Broadband for 29.99 don't forget you are forced to pay line rental of 25 on top of that. The 3mb calls bundle is nearly 60 Euro by the time VAT has been added to the bill.

Vodafone have the same package for 40 euro after tax. So you save around 20 euro a month. If you look at the length on the min contract with Eircom for this deal is 18 months. that means you will spend around 330 more on your Eircom line over the 18 months.

You could just keep your 300 euro and go to a shop and get a much a better PS3 bundle with free games as well.

• Advertisement

Although Eircom advertise 3mb Broadband for 29.99 don't forget you are forced to pay line rental of 25 on top of that. The 3mb calls bundle is nearly 60 Euro by the time VAT has been added to the bill.

Vodafone have the same package for 40 euro after tax. So you save around 20 euro a month. If you look at the length on the min contract with Eircom for this deal is 18 months. that means you will spend around 330 more on your Eircom line over the 18 months.

You could just keep your 300 euro and go to a shop and get a much a better PS3 bundle with free games as well.

I was just looking into that now, I couldn't find any clear info on the line rental but the €29.99 did seem too good to be true. :o

I'm out.

Advertisement