Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Shopping :D

Options
  • 27-08-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Has anyone started yet? what did you's buy? :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

pot noodles, bread, butter, condoms. all in a years supply
    this is a joke btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭BeeJazizWafuls

HAHAHAHA...its going to be a good year for you :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

the old man gave me 1000 euro 2 go out and buy clothes for college, not bad!!!!!!!!!...its great being privledged;)

Yeah i got the same but I have to get a bag and crap with that...no books though, I dont need books wahhoo more clothes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I got some new clothes and a refill pad, think i've got a few more things to get!

• Advertisement

where are you going ? :D

where are you going ? :D

Me? Trinity, what about you?

Liberties, cant wait :D Good luck in Trinity i hope its everything you hoped for :)

Liberties, cant wait :D Good luck in Trinity i hope its everything you hoped for :)

Thanks! Hope it goes just as well for you : ) What course are you doing? Heading into Science myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

mink_man wrote: »
    pot noodles, bread, butter, condoms. all in a years supply
    this is a joke btw

You'd be sorted though

• Advertisement

I'm doing liberal arts, its an access to uni course, i cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Timistry

Thanks! Hope it goes just as well for you : ) What course are you doing? Heading into Science myself :D

A slab of beer/bottle of Vodka. Apparently an important scientific topic is the interaction between ethanol and the liver:D. Maybe that is where I went wrong:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

Do ya need a laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

look at ross o' carrol-kelly here !:L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

kfpt wrote: »
    look at ross o' carrol-kelly here !:L

The username gives it away! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

If you can afford a laptop it'd be a good buy. A good memory key would be important as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

If you are buying a laptop buy a good one. Don't buy the cheapest one on the shelf remember it has to do you 4 years. Expensive doesn't necessarily mean good other. I remember Dell did an offer for students when i was in first year and most of the laptops had broken by the end of the year.

Speaking from experience buy a mac if you can afford one. Got mine in america for €800 when they were selling them for €1200 here. Chances are you'll never get a virus and they are really easy to use. Just don't get the apple word processing package with it get microsoft word. It'll save you a lot of hassle cause the lectures use MS word.

Then again I may be biased cause I love my mac and anyone who uses it says its far better than any other laptop. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

What do you actually need for college?

I'm doing liberal arts, its an access to uni course, i cant wait :)

Enjoy!
    Timistry wrote: »
    A slab of beer/bottle of Vodka. Apparently an important scientific topic is the interaction between ethanol and the liver:D. Maybe that is where I went wrong:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm thinking that's where you went wrong! I'm sure i'll learn all of that soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

LovexxLife wrote: »
    What do you actually need for college?

A refil pad and a few pens possibly a highlighter will do for most of the year. You can borrow most of the books you need from the library esp if your in arts cause they need far more books than most other faculties.;)

A laptop would come in handy, but is not a necessity esp at the start of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Clothes since there is no uniform in College.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

leinster rugby is really a bad troll. he got expelled from school during the summer and is now off the college, some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

All I have so far is basic stuff for my rom, buying food and all that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

He has another account called ploughingdaily and he tries to troll but from a rural point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

cozzie55 wrote: »
    A refil pad and a few pens possibly a highlighter will do for most of the year. You can borrow most of the books you need from the library esp if your in arts cause they need far more books than most other faculties.;)

A laptop would come in handy, but is not a necessity esp at the start of the year
    aw right, thanks.
    Yep im doing humanities course in an IT.
    I don't think I need a laptop because I be home in the evenings so i can use the home one.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

I've bought new clothes and a small table mirror. I swear I'm not that vain, I had everything else already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

the old man gave me 1000 euro 2 go out and buy clothes for college, not bad!!!!!!!!!...its great being privledged;)

Bloody hell, are you serious? That's a lot of money.

Anywho, all I've bought are some re-fill pads and I'm looking for a decent laptop. Oh, and a bag.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

kev9100 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, are you serious? That's a lot of money.

Anywho, all I've bought are some re-fill pads and I'm looking for a decent laptop. Oh, and a bag.:)

i recommend a Macbook anyway, i think they are the perfect laptop for college basic computing. The price is slightly high for a student, but it will last you for your full degree, rather than buying a new laptop each year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

frser32 wrote: »
    i recommend a Macbook anyway, i think they are the perfect laptop for college basic computing. The price is slightly high for a student, but it will last you for your full degree, rather than buying a new laptop each year. :)

I agree completely and i'm pretty sure there are student deals on the apple website too. i bought one 3 months back and i can assure you they're worth the money!

Advertisement