Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010 Video Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Are you 100% sure?

I went around Spa two seconds quicker in the McLaren than in the Merc. I could have sworn it was easier to handle.

Yes 100% sure, this is to make it even for leaderboards etc or so condemasters have told us so God knows tbh.

If this was a proper sim running only a few laps with tyre sim on should not make lap times 3-5 seconds slower than when tyre sim off.
    It seems its simply an on off button,faster times with tyre sim off then slower with tyre sim on regardless of how many laps run on the tyres, no in between, no gradual wearing of tyres BUT the AI will always run with tyre wear off regardless - total bull**** tbh and another example of the utter lies codies fed everyone with their pre release videos.

I like to run my racing sims/games with all aids off tyre wear on fuel usage on,damage on etc but this game is so fcuked up i have to turn fuel,tyre,damage off because otherwise i get punctures every race for sometimes 2 or 3, all scripted which makes it even worse.

What a shame because despite the not very sim like physics, all the flaws, it can be a very fun game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

I bought mine off the Internet site gamesnash I think it was. Would it still be possible for me to swop that for FIFA 11?

Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Anyone know?

I duno, maybe send them an e-mail and find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone know?

They have a forum on boards.

Gamesnash

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dcully wrote: »
    Was that with all aids off and tyre/fue sim on?
    Also in time trial all cars have the same performance unlike GP or career.

I have it on the PS3 so the tyres and fuel are both off as far as i know, there isnt actually any option to turn them on or off as far as i can see.

Only driver aid was traction control as im using a regular control and having no traction control just means the car keeps spinning as soon as you press the button.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have it on the PS3 so the tyres and fuel are both off as far as i know, there isnt actually any option to turn them on or off as far as i can see.

Only driver aid was traction control as im using a regular control and having no traction control just means the car keeps spinning as soon as you press the button.

When starting a GP or any race in career there is an option for difficulty, select custom ,this allows you to manually select the individual aids,ai difficulty and sim options,then navigate down to tyre and fuel sim, they are on by default.

Rather stupidly there is a difference of about 4-5 seconds in the times between on and off, no such thing as gradual tyre wear :rolleyes: codemasters seem to think a 1 lap old tyre handles the same as a 30 lap tyre :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Im already fed up of this game, its decent enough when you're just lapping in practice or qualifying but once you're racing you are so dominant due to the AI drivers using a massive braking zone etc. All the talk before release of "the most realistic game ever" and the like really was a load of hot air.

The problem with games like this is that they need to cater for a massive market-people with no interest in F1 but still buy racing games to the casual fans to the hardcore fans. The problem is that because hardcore fans are in such a minority it doesn't make it viable to cater a game solely to us, unless the developer makes the conscious decision to do so (GTR, IRacing etc.)

When this game came out I bought it expecting it to be great,believing the hype. Sadly I've been mistaken and yet again I've been bitten by another racing game that lives up to the low standards expected by casual gamers, but not the high standards that fans of the sport want a game to be

frostie500 wrote: »

The problem with games like this is that they need to cater for a massive market-people with no interest in F1 but still buy racing games to the casual fans to the hardcore fans. The problem is that because hardcore fans are in such a minority it doesn't make it viable to cater a game solely to us, unless the developer makes the conscious decision to do so (GTR, IRacing etc.)

When this game came out I bought it expecting it to be great,believing the hype. Sadly I've been mistaken and yet again I've been bitten by another racing game that lives up to the low standards expected by casual gamers, but not the high standards that fans of the sport want a game to be

But previous F1 games were far superior to this game. Again they weren't perfect sims but I found the original F1 on the first PS, F1 '97 and F1 2006 very good games and really enjoyable with a lot of replayability.

This game however justs annoys more then anything else. They really dropped the ball on this one. You would expect that as the consoles get better, the games would too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Meanwhile, the modders have been hard at work:

Tyre mod: Gives a realistic degradation on tyres

New Cameras: Adds a more realistic cockpit and TV camera

Sidecam: The TV sidecam!

BBC F1 Intro: Adds the BBC F1 intro before the races

Car skin updates: Most cars have had skin updates on their cars. Nearly every team is there somewhere

Also, for anyone wanting to edit their own game, this thread can help you get started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Meanwhile, the modders have been hard at work:

Tyre mod: Gives a realistic degradation on tyres

New Cameras: Adds a more realistic cockpit and TV camera

Sidecam: The TV sidecam!

BBC F1 Intro: Adds the BBC F1 intro before the races

Car skin updates: Most cars have had skin updates on their cars. Nearly every team is there somewhere

Also, for anyone wanting to edit their own game, this thread can help you get started

God dam, all this just for the PC???

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Id go back and play F1`97 and F1 on PS and see if they are still up to scratch.

Unfortunately i dont have them any more but i mean at the time of their release they were grand.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gintonious wrote: »
    God dam, all this just for the PC???

Unfortunately yes. There's a lighting mod that renders better sun effects too, it's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Unfortunately yes. There's a lighting mod that renders better sun effects too, it's good!

Would love Schumachers old Helmet, the blue on top etc. The Senna lid is magic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I was playing this online for the first time and couldnt get over the dirty tactics of loads of people. Everyone was brake testing me anytime I got close to them! Got a load of 10 second penalties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

frostie500 wrote: »
    I was playing this online for the first time and couldnt get over the dirty tactics of loads of people. Everyone was brake testing me anytime I got close to them! Got a load of 10 second penalties!

That doesnt sound too good

Can that you get blocking penalties? seem to remember picking up one or two playing the Ai drivers

Doesnt sound so good if its easy to cheat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Is it possible to get offline multiplayer for xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I just completed a small experiment to determine how much XP you get per online race:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/439314-xp-points-explained.html

Is it possible to get offline multiplayer for xbox?
    Not for races, though there is a Time Trial Party mode, which is essentially 'pass the controller'.

That doesnt sound too good

Can that you get blocking penalties? seem to remember picking up one or two playing the Ai drivers

Doesnt sound so good if its easy to cheat
    Online races are amazing if you're not in the main Sprint lobbies.

Rank 50 :D

Got a strange feeling I'm the highest ranked Irish driver on the Xbox leaderboard. If there are any guys here above #79 on the board lemme know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Any idea of when the patch will be out? Wont be buying until i see a quality patch released.

It's been sent off for approval, so we're waiting on Microsoft and Sony now.

For those who feel they need it, here's the fastest possibly way (I've found) to gain XP in F1 2010, I used it for the last 4-5 ranks as I wanted to get the Achievement out of the way and concentrate on having fun online instead of racing for points.
    Basic Setup
    Multiplayer > Xbox Live > Custom Grand Prix > Create Session
    Race Settings:
    Session Scoring: Championship
    Participation: Race Only
    Race Distance: 1 Lap
    Starting Grid: Results Order
    Car Assignment: Players Choice
    Weather Setting: Clear
    Track Selection: Montréal (19 times in succession)

Simulation Settings:
    Rules and flags: Off
    Tyre Wear: Off
    Fuel Load Simulation: Off
    Car Damage: Off
    Car Performance: 2010
    Collisions: Off

Assist Restrictions:
    Braking Assist: Allowed
    ABS: Allowed
    Traction Control: Allowed
    Dynamic Racing Line: Allowed
    Gearbox: Allowed
    Pit Limiter: Allowed
    Pit Box Control: Allowed

Session Settings:
    Max Players: 12
    Privacy: Public/Open
    Minimum Online Rank: 1
    Minimum Online Rank: 50
    • Once you've got that done click on an 'Available Slot' and add an AI Driver set to Legend difficulty. Do the same till the grid is full.
    • Once a second human driver enters (or a third even) start the races.
    • Choose 'Go to Race', ignore all setup options.
    • Cut the first corners by driving through the pit exit. (if you're 2nd on the grid you don't even have to steer into the pit exit)
    • Cut the first chicane.
    • Drive the second chicane normally.
    • Cut the third chicane.
    • Drive the hairpin normally.
    • Cut the final chicane, stay on the left and avoid the kerbs.

1s1bmo.jpg

On average you will earn at least 1500 XP per race, and each race including loading times takes about 3 minutes. Doing the 19 races takes almost an hour, and my hourly average is about 40,000 XP. The higher the rank of all drivers involved, the more XP you get, so as you level up you'll level up faster in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Looks like patch for PS3 was released today and is waiting approval by Microsoft for XBox and PC.

http://community.codemasters.com/for...atch-news.html

Hopefully will imporve the game enough to be worth purchasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Great. Had to stop playing this game as the pitstop bugs were just too much for me. Can't wait to start again

Advertisement