Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010 Video Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grim. wrote: »
    still playing iracing cully? just resubed the other day forgot how good and difficult it is

Yeah still subbed mate, dont race too much as i simply dont have the time needed to be competitive.
    Raced in the 24 hour de fun a while back and actually lined up beside Marcos Ambrose in the V8s, watched his replays and fcuk me the guy is silky smooth.
    Also had a Nascar truck practice session which included AJ Allmendinger.
    Tis an incredible sim.

Back to this F1 game, someone asked the guy with review code about what i mentioned earlier when Hamilton was playing with his bro , his reply was

The game will usually dish out a penalty if you cut too severely.

Lads any questions yas want me to ask him feel free to post them here, ive pmed him and he says he will answer what he can.
    Having played large amounts of time playing GTR2,rfactor online its a bit of pain where some guys have some uber-setup and they just vanish into the horizon

I agree and i like the idea of not swamping the user down with setups.
    What i will say is in iracing ive always used setups the fast guys post on forums and find one that suits my style but im still nowhere near as fast as the top sim racers like Gregor Huttu,Richard Towler,Brad Davies etc.
    Some series have fixed setups and the fast guys are always the pick of the bunch.
    Thankfully iracing grades everyone and has many different leagues for different skilll levels.
    Thats also what i like about iracing , the cream will always rise to the top but the negative to this is casual guys like myself that suck at setups will always have a huge disadvantage.
    Looks like Codemasters listened to the sim communities out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dcully, will fuel there be fuel management like real life or simply drive flat out the entire race?

Perhaps fuel management on the harder levels maybe, that would make things really interesting!

Johnnysmack ill wait a while to see if i get more questions before i put them to the guy, dont want to bombard him with many pm`s.

Ill take a stab at answering, im pretty sure it will have fuel management, id imagine if it wasnt featured we would have hear about it from the simracing community atleast.
    Your probably correct about it in harder levels, if its anything like other simsit will have an on/off feature or time scaled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Thanks, be class if it did.

And not to derail the thread but what are these sim racing communities and how do i get involved!!

Is it all PC based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I got to play an advanced copy of this briefly last week (also WRC & GT5)

I was a little apprehensive of it, thinking it was going to be GRID with F1 cars so I cranked all the difficulty levels up, assists off, heavy rain and Spa Francorchamp. I don't think I even made it around for one lap. The visuals and sounds were amazing and the handling was that right balance of sim / arcade.

My only concern was the level of damage which I'm hoping they'll address in a future update.

I will be buying on release day for sure !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Here's hoping the online connection isn't as 'Open NAT type' demanding as Halo 3, as I really want to race against people :)

Im being told multiplayer will have AI option.
    Fuel management is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Will i be the only one on PS3?

Nope

Coz I will be too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm on Ps3 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

PS3 for me also. Preordered and all. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Just pre-ordered with gamesnash.ie for the xbox version.
    My xbox should be back from its trip to germany by that stage with any luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

PS3 here too. Game pre-ordered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

BFassassin wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered with gamesnash.ie for the xbox version.
    My xbox should be back from its trip to germany by that stage with any luck :)

Hope it enjoyed itself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Any recommendations from Xbox owners for a Steering Wheel controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

lord lucan wrote: »
    Any recommendations from Xbox owners for a Steering Wheel controller?

Yeah I'm looking for the same thing. Where can I get a good steering wheel and pedals for an xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

what price will tis retail at

its at 52 euro on gamenash(did not know of them untill bf assin posted thanks man)

just ordered it there the free delivery on the day of releaseis to good to turn down

You could get the cheapo official 360 wheel but its not great tbh.
    The only other option and the best option imo is the Fanatec wheel that supports pc,360 and ps3.
    Its expensive but the best of whats available for 360 by a long way.

Look for the 911 turbo S wheel here http://www.fanatec.de/ , its the only 360 compatible one, the rest are PC and some PS3.
    Ill be using a G25 for my pc, pity its not 360 compatible for you lads as they are about half the price of the fanatec and of similar quality.
    As a long time simracer i cant recommend a wheel enough.
    If your unwillling to opt for that fanatec wheel id certainly have get the 360 wheel and use ahead of a pad anytime.
    Turning off all aids and using a wheel and pedal setup transforms racings sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Don't you need a fancy seat to play with this too? I imagine using a wheel on your lap and pedals on the floor when you're sitting on the couch to be a bit uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I may just give this a miss, could barely afford it and would need the wheel which I definitely couldn't afford.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ah you wont need a wheel, and its only 31 sterling on zavii.com. Join us!

Fine! :pac:

• Advertisement

Just remembered I haven't got Gold membership on Live right now, feck. Is it a month free when ya set up a new gamertag? Might just do that for online and get the other achievements on my usual gamertag.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Did they make a demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Eurogamer review whetted my appetite. PC or xbox hmmm and Civ 5 out the same day.

Can I wait for a cheap amazon delivery!

Woden wrote: »
    Eurogamer review whetted my appetite. PC or xbox hmmm and Civ 5 out the same day.

Can I wait for a cheap amazon delivery!
    http://www.gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=1646

is your answer,how good are they on delivery i hope to have it on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have it preloaded here on steam just waiting for it to unlock bargain at 40 quid aswell

Gamesnash have been great on any orders ive had with delivery on release day and in some cases I have heard of them arriving the day before release.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Gamesnash have been great on any orders ive had with delivery on release day and in some cases I have heard of them arriving the day before release.

where are they based in ireland?? just wondering how long it will take them to deliver to castlebar.

we should set up a clan to play together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    How is it a bargin when you paid more for it and you dont get a DVD,box or manual and if steam goes belly up you wont be able to play it?

oh noes!!! have 40 games on steam couldnt give a **** if they go belly up dont play most of them anymore anyway ive got my moneys worth from them

same goes for iracing really there's no guarantee they'll be around forever either yet i own about 150 quids worth of content so for the fun Ive had with it i think Ive got my money's worth

naughto wrote: »
    where are they based in ireland?? just wondering how long it will take them to deliver to castlebar.

we should set up a clan to play together
    Yeah they're irish based. They are in Meath I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A friend of mine is dropping over to me with the PS3 version this evening, I simply cannot wait to see this.

Advertisement