Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Maynoothians 2010/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    Interesting, to say the least!! It was good fun - as in sight seeing and travelling around and meeting new people - and all the lovely snow in the winter and the unreal heat in July! But classes over there make Maynooth look so easy! I will never ever complain about a class being hard here ever again hehe. It's really good if you end up somewhere nice and get to meet people - otherwise it'd be a really lonely year. It's weird coming back and your classmates have all graduated though!

Yeah I've spent a few months at a time in Germany on exchanges, one of the girls really hated me for a reason I couldn't fathom, that was quite lonely...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NAME: Ciaran
    COURSE & YEAR: 1st yr Product Design
    SOCIETIES: Probably none, as I'm commuting :( Though you might find me in the pool.
    INTERESTS: Video games, board games, product design ;)
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Working on getting rid of that office fat :D Also, my big brown laptop bag

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

NAME: Keith (more often known as Broni)

COURSE & YEAR: 3rd Year Psychology

SOCIETIES: Drama Society (President)

INTERESTS: Theatre, playing music, graphic design, events management, the craic.

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Tall, dark spiked hair, almost always wearing a battered old leather jacket, dark jeans and a dark t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Kaaatelyn

bazza76dub wrote: »
    I still did not see you yet! lol
    You must have seen me by now?

haha yeah I've seen you a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Name : Stephen

Course : Gegraphy, history and celtic and medieval irish studies. (first year)

Societies and Clubs
    : Self defence , probably geography, history and ill see what else if i have time.

Interests : Cars, reading, movies , Music, games and fishing.

Distinguishing Features : Medium height , biggish build, driving a black toyota starlet whenever i can find a parking spot and most likely playing some pendulum or pantera with the crappy speakers ( i think i blew the speakers long ago haha).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

Kaaatelyn wrote: »
    haha yeah I've seen you a few times

And still I have no clue who you are lol
    How you settling in at Maynooth?

And still I have no clue who you are lol
    How you settling in at Maynooth?

yeah its pretty good...I think I saw you on facebook actually you were the only other one apart from me who liked the social science maynooth page haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

Name : Louise :)

Course : 1st year Business & Accounting

Societies and Clubs
    : Have to have a look... I'll probably end up joining loads and forgetting about them completely!

Interests : Music, reading, Facebook... actually just internet in general!

Distinguishing Features : I'm super short... we're talking like 5'1... maybe less :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

Name : Orlaith
    Course : 1st year Arts: German, Spanish and Anthropology
    Societies and Clubs : Rugby and perhaps Play-Do! :D
    Interests : Music (listening and playing), Facebook, Rugby, Watching Films etc etc..
    Distinguishing Features : pretty tall-ish.. about 5'9" or so.. has a mad head of curly brown hair and probably listening to my iPod :)

yeah its pretty good...I think I saw you on facebook actually you were the only other one apart from me who liked the social science maynooth page haha

lol you have your homework done, and I think I recognise you now too ;)
    Have you to know many of your classmates yet Katelyn?

• Advertisement

lol you have your homework done, and I think I recognise you now too ;)
    Have you to know many of your classmates yet Katelyn?

a handful!I'm working on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Half of boards are riding each other. Tis a fact.

Oh my, that's quite a statistic. Can't say I've had any experience of it myself.

a handful!I'm working on it!

Iv'e gotten to know of few of the lads there, starting to recognise a few, everyone seems really nice so far. Were you at the back in the first class last monday by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Package wrote: »
    nobody is riding me :(

who wants it?

howiya ;)

Iv'e gotten to know of few of the lads there, starting to recognise a few, everyone seems really nice so far. Were you at the back in the first class last monday by any chance?

yeah second last row I think

And behind me again in the first class today?
    I think I noticed you but you were turned away and I didn't see you after lol
    IF I'm right Ill go out of my way next time so long as I don't have to jump over desks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SVP Maynooth

NAME: St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP)
    COURSE & YEAR: All courses, All Years
    SOCIETIES: SVP believe it or not :)
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: A society of CHARITY, VOLUNTEERING, HAVING THE CRAIC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

NAME: St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP)
    COURSE & YEAR: All courses, All Years
    SOCIETIES: SVP believe it or not :)
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: A society of CHARITY, VOLUNTEERING, HAVING THE CRAIC :)

Joined ye yesterday so I did!

PS.
    I got your email today, I assume it was you Katelyn!
    See you and the rest of the lads on Tuesday!

PS.
    I got your email today, I assume it was you Katelyn!
    See you and the rest of the lads on Tuesday!

yeah I organised it with some of the girls but I offered to email it..make sure u spread the word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

NAME: Michelle
    COURSE & YEAR: Erm, just finished but I still lurk around these here parts, until I graduate anyway but I was doing Science, namely Chemistry.
    SOCIETIES: None as I'm no longer a student
    INTERESTS: Trashy mags
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'll be the chubby one hanging out of banquo at some of the events this year. I'll also be in his office sometimes. Oh, and sometimes I wear a Deanta in Eireann jumper.

Have a good year those of you who are still enjoying the good life :D

yeah I organised it with some of the girls but I offered to email it..make sure u spread the word!

No worries Katelyn!, will do ;) a couple of the lads were talking about it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

NAME: Donal
    COURSE & YEAR: History, Single Honours. Third Year.
    SOCIETIES: The 66 Bus Society (We've no time us commuters really. Like the LnD alot though)
    INTERESTS: Association Football (Saint Patrick's Athletic/Hibernian F.C), Pints, History, Decent music
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

PrivateEye wrote: »
    NAME: Donal
    COURSE & YEAR: History, Single Honours. Third Year.
    SOCIETIES: The 66 Bus Society (We've no time us commuters really. Like the LnD alot though)
    INTERESTS: Association Football (Saint Patrick's Athletic/Hibernian F.C), Pints, History, Decent music
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Meh.

You're back?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

NAME: Kevin
    COURSE & YEAR: 2ND year Music and English (BA)
    SOCIETIES: Swim swim swim swim swim swim swim swim. Athletics.
    INTERESTS: Music and Books some other things too.
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: One of those arty-farty shoulder bags with a big yellow Amnesty badge. In the evenings I will be running around the place. I'm 6ft, blonde hair, blue eyes. I'm at the gym most days. Where I'm either in a grey NYPD shirt, a black Punisher t-shirt or a Red Nike t-shirt.. could be more but look out for those. I don't drink either... so.. if you see some chap with a pint of water, sweating hard trying to think up conversation. Bingo. Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

NAME: Cathal
    COURSE & YEAR: 1st year Science (Mathematical and experimental physics, computer science)
    SOCIETIES: GameSoc, Juggling
    INTERESTS: Playing video games, listening to music, science, reading, diabolo.
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'm a short, skinny guy with glasses and (usually) messy hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Mastroph wrote: »
    NAME: Cathal AGE: 18 FROM: Kilkenny COURSE & YEAR: 1st year Science (Mathematical and theoretical physics, computer science). I'm a physics guy. :) SOCIETIES: GameSoc and Juggling. :D INTERESTS: Gaming, reading, listening to metal, diabolo, science. DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'm a short, skinny guy with glasses and (usually) poofy hair. I also tend to be a physics elitist, especially when I'm drunk. :P

Woot for Kilkenny :-()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

He doesn't go to Maynooth btw but you'll see him around a lot! He owes me for the post! :mad:
    tumblr_l4o8o6J3zi1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

aww this takes me back to Lorna's thread last year (tootyflutty to the firsties) trust this thread, gets you great friends, especially on the first subject preview day when i got to meet lorna and rory (El Pron).

NAME: JP (also lately KP, Jay, JayPay, Japey)
    AGE : 20 in 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are the odds
    COURSE AND YEAR: Deferring for the year for finances but shall be up frequently to visit lorna and co.:P Otherwise its 2nd Arts with music and english as my subjects
    SOCIETIES: Playdo (Join it, it's awesome), Music Soc, Veggie Soc, Amnesty
    INTERESTS: Guitar, music, reading, spending time with the Noothian hooligans that are my friends, recently made the decision to learn how to swim so that could become an interest, Art - absolutely love to drawas can be seen here http://jpcarlow.deviantart.com/ also love to make music as can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/user/sirtobey?feature=mhum

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I travel by TARDIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plays a mean blues guitar :P will usually be around lorna or makoo or any of the gang when up in maynooth, 5ft 9 brown hair, will at some point mention tim burton or maroon 5 in convo or make a sexual innuendo :P..If you're looking to find out how to survive on a tenner a week foodwise im your guy :D .also am likely to have a lovely lady in tow when im visiting (assuming she can get the time off to visit :P )

also here's me and the lovely lady herself http://www.facebook.com/johnpauljordan

Mastroph wrote: »
    NAME: Cathal
    COURSE & YEAR: 1st year Science (Mathematical and experimental physics, computer science)
    SOCIETIES: GameSoc, Juggling
    INTERESTS: Playing video games, listening to music, science, reading, diabolo.
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'm a short, skinny guy with glasses and (usually) messy hair.
    Hey Cathal, glad to see you took my advice and joined :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

jpcarlow wrote: »
    AGE : 20 in 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are the odds

So you're 19 then :rolleyes:

Advertisement