Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Maynoothians 2010/11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Kaaatelyn

Lb100 wrote: »
    Antropology,philosophy and socioallogy! < should probley learn how to spell them first!(think I spelt them wrong!)oh well hah!

same subjects as me apart from philosophy! I'm doing social policy instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

my time table is so random I have one day wher I have a class at 9 then a 3 hour break then anther class then another 3 hour break then one more class! woo hoo! plan on getting my reading or whatever done during those hours!

In 1st year I had a lecture on Wednesdays at 9am...followed by another at 5pm. And that was it. I went to the 5pm one once:P.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Kinski wrote: »
    In 1st year I had a lecture on Wednesdays at 9am...followed by another at 5pm. And that was it. I went to the 5pm one once:P.

In second semester of first year I had one 9am lecture on a Thursday. needless to say I considered my Thursdays as free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Why the hell did I not do arts ?? :(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Kaaatelyn wrote: »
    I second this....have you not seen the facebook group "oh you have a northern accent..excuse me while I take my clothes off" ;)

:eek:

• Advertisement

Jonah42 wrote: »
    :eek:

3,997 people like this

(the facebook group I mean..not the shocked face..obviously....)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Antropology,philosophy and socioallogy! < should probley learn how to spell them first!(think I spelt them wrong!)oh well hah!

my time table is so random I have one day wher I have a class at 9 then a 3 hour break then anther class then another 3 hour break then one more class! woo hoo! plan on getting my reading or whatever done during those hours!

Well I'll see you in either anthropology or philosophy then! And for the first few weeks I'll see ya in both :P Where abouts in Dublin are you from by the way? As you may see on the left hand side there I'm from Blanchardstown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Why the hell did I not do arts ?? :(:D

Look at the 4th year CSSE timetables. I have 8 hours per week this semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

chillian17 wrote: »
    Well I'll see you in either anthropology or philosophy then! And for the first few weeks I'll see ya in both :P Where abouts in Dublin are you from by the way? As you may see on the left hand side there I'm from Blanchardstown :)

Hittin on her over Boards, the place where many a great romance blossomed. Go on my son!! ;)

Hittin on her over Boards, the place where many a great romance blossomed. Go on my son!! ;)
    I believe that making friends is very important :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

chillian17 wrote: »
    I believe that making friends is very important :D;)

+1 FTP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

mp3guy wrote: »
    Look at the 4th year CSSE timetables. I have 8 hours per week this semester.
    I have 23 this year :(
    I guess there's a lot of work to be done outside of college in 4th year ?? At least with labs this year, the amount of work to be done outside is quite minimal, I hope !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Half of boards are riding each other. Tis a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭djan

NAME: Honza
    COURSE & YEAR: Bsc Multimedia (Maths & Biology)
    SOCIETIES:dont know yet CANOEING anyone?
    INTERESTS:soccer, gym, guitar (ill try to get a band going ) fun stuff too :)
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Bleach blonde hair :D Walking around confused as i try to figure out where to go :eek: feel free to help !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Half of boards are riding each other. Tis a fact.

nobody is riding me :(

who wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

hmmm I dont remember seeing anyone in a baseball cap! where you there when they made us go around and say our name and one random fact? I didnt have a clue what to say!

I was one of the last people (on the right as you walk in), used to do architecture?
    Thats what I said anyway lol
    where about where you

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

iWeeze wrote: »
    NAME: Richie
    COURSE & YEAR: Multimedia, First Year
    SOCIETIES: We'll see
    INTERESTS: Music and twitter, sometimes X-Box. I am pretty cool.
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Hmm, I wouldn't stand out in a crowd. Messy brown hair, green eyes. One thing I'll always have on me are black and white converse.

Stalk further: http://twitter.com/Berminghammer

Wondering if anyone has spotted me yet. I will offer them a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lb100

iWeeze wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone has spotted me yet. I will offer them a fiver.

...and how much do we get if we stripe ya??

ahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

...and how much do we get if we stripe ya??

ahahaha

A pack of maoams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

NAME: Ruth
    COURSE & YEAR: English, First Year
    SOCIETIES: Equestrian(if they'll have me) Yoga, Mature Students soc.
    INTERESTS: Writing, Music, Reading, Exploring...
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'll be the one carrying the ''bewildered 1st year'' sign.

• Advertisement

bazza76dub wrote: »
    I was one of the last people (on the right as you walk in), used to do architecture?
    Thats what I said anyway lol
    where about where you

oh I remember someone saying that! I was in the middle seats with a few other girls I said something random about wanting to be a social worker coz I couldnt think of anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

NAME:Seán
    COURSE & YEAR:Media Studies(more than likely with English and History) 1st year.
    SOCIETIES:None yet, I may get into some music ones.
    INTERESTS:Listening to and playing music, reading, the usual stuff, laughing, alcohol and such.
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:Hmm, Brown medium length hair, a ratty blue jacket most of the time, equally as ratty green shoes and probably a slightly annoyed facial expression

oh I remember someone saying that! I was in the middle seats with a few other girls I said something random about wanting to be a social worker coz I couldnt think of anything!
    were you near the back in the middle? beside a scouse girl?

bazza76dub wrote: »
    were you near the back in the middle? beside a scouse girl?

nope I was beside the lady who used to be a teacher!

hmmm ill keep an eye out for her too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

NAME: Siobhán
    COURSE & YEAR: Media Studies & German, third year.. just came back from Erasmus in Germany.. what a year!
    SOCIETIES: I always give in to my nerdy side and join Omega ;) Will give Yoga a try this year.. and definitely sign me up for the Media soc if they're around this year..!
    INTERESTS: Reading, films, cycling, Photoshop, embroidery, swimming, Gossip Girl ... bit of everything.. except proper sports - bit allergic to those!
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'm sporting newly short cropped hair - it's trendy, okay? I'm loving big earrings but my Cons are never far - they get swapped every so often for cute pumps though! I'm not that distinguished.. really.. will work on that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    NAME: Siobhán
    COURSE & YEAR: Media Studies & German, third year.. just came back from Erasmus in Germany.. what a year!
    SOCIETIES: I always give in to my nerdy side and join Omega ;) Will give Yoga a try this year.. and definitely sign me up for the Media soc if they're around this year..!
    INTERESTS: Reading, films, cycling, Photoshop, embroidery, swimming, Gossip Girl ... bit of everything.. except proper sports - bit allergic to those!
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: I'm sporting newly short cropped hair - it's trendy, okay? I'm loving big earrings but my Cons are never far - they get swapped every so often for cute pumps though! I'm not that distinguished.. really.. will work on that! ;)

Awh man, what was it like? I wanna do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

amyputz wrote: »
    Awh man, what was it like? I wanna do it :)

Interesting, to say the least!! It was good fun - as in sight seeing and travelling around and meeting new people - and all the lovely snow in the winter and the unreal heat in July! But classes over there make Maynooth look so easy! I will never ever complain about a class being hard here ever again hehe. It's really good if you end up somewhere nice and get to meet people - otherwise it'd be a really lonely year. It's weird coming back and your classmates have all graduated though!

I still did not see you yet! lol
    You must have seen me by now?

• Advertisement

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    NAME:Seán
    COURSE & YEAR:Media Studies(more than likely with English and History) 1st year.
    SOCIETIES:None yet, I may get into some music ones.
    INTERESTS:Listening to and playing music, reading, the usual stuff, laughing, alcohol and such.
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:Hmm, Brown medium length hair, a ratty blue jacket most of the time, equally as ratty green shoes and probably a slightly annoyed facial expression

WHAT'S THE CRAIC!?

Advertisement