Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Maynoothians 2010/11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 shmici

Kaaatelyn wrote: »
    NAME: Katelyn
    COURSE & YEAR: 1st year Social Science :D
    SOCIETIES: hmmm I'll more than likely join the tea society..and I hear theres a Father Ted appreciation society too that sounds pretty unreal!
    INTERESTS: wasting away my life on my laptop,going out,music,food..nothing actually worth talking about!
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: tallish, dark hair, will probably look like a deer caught in headlights for the fist few weeks due to not knowong very many people and being ridiculously shy

Don't worry about that! I knew no one when i started in Maynooth!
    Just have a bit of confidence in yourself, and if in doubt, ask one of us SU exec heads..... what we are here for! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

I didn't know anyone when I came to Maynooth, but everyone was nice to me and I ended up being much more social than I used to be :) So don't worry about it Katelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

shmici wrote: »
    Dolittle, your a creep!!
    everyone knows it the Orange Lilly and Hands across the water!!(lies the heart of loyalty!)

Dolittle? Am I to take it you don't know who I am? Oh, this is *gold*!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

NAME: Ciarán

COURSE & YEAR: 3rd Arts Geography and Sociology

SOCIETIES: I generally join most of them and end up going to none. I might cut my loses this year and join none

INTERESTS: Going to all my lectures, reading the Independent every morning, drinking copious amounts of Jameson, having cans for breakfast and having the crack in general

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Can generally be seen arsing about campus looking for something to do, stumbling around Maynooth late at night from drink related crackness, getting kicked out of Supermacs for doing nothing again and if you see a devilishly handsome guy walking around wearing an Argentina jersey that's more than likely me hahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

AME: David

COURSE & YEAR: 2bmus...........*sigh*

SOCIETIES: music, snooker

INTERESTS: history,philosophy,drinking,jazz, world music(hate the term though), compostion, piano, guitar, watching sports, smoking, saying "na zdrowie" when im drunk
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: wearingrugby hoodies or jerseys. oh and if i look at you weird its probably cos i never wear my glasses not cos i hate you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Kaaatelyn

shmici wrote: »
    Don't worry about that! I knew no one when i started in Maynooth!
    Just have a bit of confidence in yourself, and if in doubt, ask one of us SU exec heads..... what we are here for! :)
    Wendero wrote: »
    I didn't know anyone when I came to Maynooth, but everyone was nice to me and I ended up being much more social than I used to be :) So don't worry about it Katelyn

Thanks :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll start making friends once I have a few drinks in me!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

banquo wrote: »
    *High-five from fellow whipped boyfriend*

HIIGH FIAVE *high five soundbite*

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: ... will probably look like a deer caught in headlights for the fist few weeks due to not knowong very many people and being ridiculously shy

will that really be that distinguishing though? i mean it narrows it down to you being in first year :pac: :pac: :pac:

moggins7 wrote: »
    will that really be that distinguishing though? i mean it narrows it down to you being in first year :pac: :pac: :pac:

ok I'll admit I'm gonna be indistinguishable from everybody else who's also lost and scared! hmmm I can't think of any other features about myself that would set me apart..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 shmici

Dolittle? Am I to take it you don't know who I am? Oh, this is *gold*!

no hi!
    i don't! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

ok I'll admit I'm gonna be indistinguishable from everybody else who's also lost and scared! hmmm I can't think of any other features about myself that would set me apart..

Ah I was only joking. You'll get to know people pretty quickly don't worry...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

NAME: Evin

COURSE & YEAR:
    H Dip IT

SOCIETIES: Equestrian

INTERESTS:
    Horses, cars, watersports, unicorns, long walks on the beach....

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:I'm very old?!

moggins7 wrote: »
    Ah I was only joking. You'll get to know people pretty quickly don't worry...

I hope so! Actually my distinguishing feature will probably be that I'm the one sleeping on the bridge at night since I found out my last bus home is at 6! I'm screwed for nights out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

I hope so! Actually my distinguishing feature will probably be that I'm the one sleeping on the bridge at night since I found out my last bus home is at 6! I'm screwed for nights out!

Looks like you have to learn the fine art of being a bum. Once perfected you'll have your pick of places to stay at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

NAME: Oisin

COURSE & YEAR: Arts English and History, 2nd year

SOCIETIES: Mostly Ultimate frisbee although plan to be more active in the mature this year and ideally at least one more

INTERESTS: Ultimate frisbee, reading, studying and cricket. Although I can be tempted with alcohol

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: the 2 main ones are my beard and the fact that theres a good chance I'll be wearing a cricket jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

TheDrog wrote: »
    NAME: Oisin

COURSE & YEAR: Arts English and History, 2nd year

SOCIETIES: Mostly Ultimate frisbee although plan to be more active in the mature this year and ideally at least one more

INTERESTS: Ultimate frisbee, reading, studying and cricket. Although I can be tempted with alcohol

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: the 2 main ones are my beard and the fact that theres a good chance I'll be wearing a cricket jersey

Were you doing Spanish last year? I remember a man with your distinguishing features in my Latin American history tutorial last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Yeah, I've given it up for second year though. I was in the monday morning tutorials

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

NAME: Deirdre

COURSE & YEAR: Product design, 1st year.

SOCIETIES: Planning on not being lazy and joining swimming soc

INTERESTS: Ermm whatever is happening really.. nothing specific, everything random.

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Im really small, and blonde.

:D Cannot wait for monday.. terrified too though!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ChristopherUno

NAME: Chris Kealy

COURSE & YEAR: 4th Arts (BA International) English & Anthropology

SOCIETIES: Will probably join AnthroSoc and possibly DramaSoc (is there something like that? I can't remember). My friend is setting up a Beatboxing Society which I'll no doubt be made join!

INTERESTS: Reading, languages (despite not studying any!), film, current affairs, music, travelling.

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Eh... I'll be the one wearing the glasses with the obviously different arms (Alice Glass kicked me in the face while crowd surfing at EP this year!). I may also be spotted around campus making strange noises at Chinese people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Let's have a boards meet-up in the SU for all the new people. Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

declan06 wrote: »
    Let's have a boards meet-up in the SU for all the new people. Anyone interested?

When?!
    Think they are actually trying to arrange one atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

Am sure someone like myself or another class mate will help out with a lift if you are stuck ;) I live in Kill by the way, its not that far from Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

NAME: Lily Mc Garry

COURSE & YEAR: 3rd year Music

SOCIETIES: Secretary of Music Society, Gospel Choir

INTERESTS:Music, reading, nothing fancy.

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Shoulder length brown hair, average height.

bazza76dub wrote: »
    Am sure someone like myself or another class mate will help out with a lift if you are stuck ;) I live in Kill by the way, its not that far from Naas

haha thank you, I may have to take you up on that sometime!

haha thank you, I may have to take you up on that sometime!

No problem :handshake:
    Classmate number 1 that I know lol

bazza76dub wrote: »
    No problem :handshake:
    Classmate number 1 that I know lol

haha..what course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

When?!
    Think they are actually trying to arrange one atm!

I think that's just a freshers one though!

Either way this boards meet up sounds like a good idea :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

daffodil14 wrote: »
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:average height.

Ah I know you!

:P

haha..what course are you doing?

Social Science! ;)

• Advertisement