Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsigned Bands in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I haven't lived in Dublin for very long, but I haven't been impressed with what I have seen so far. I'm sure there are some quality bands out there, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Check out the Cassini Projekt, free album

http://cassiniprojekt.bandcamp.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ANTWON

Well when I was growing d last band to do well was JJ72( Great debut album) who done very well in d UK, not much from any Irish band since. But I do believe the internet generation and Myspace has wrecked the music scene. Myspace is a business and every band fell for it, anyone that thinks the Arctic Monkeys were spotted on Myspace are wrong. Myspace went lookin for the NEXT BIG THING found the Arctic Monkeys and done a deal wit them sayin they were spotted on Myspace.Great Idea from a business point of view. So every band in the world jumped on Myspace bandwagon with halfarsed recordings of songs and sat back hoping to get signed without lifting a finger. Dont get me wrong there was a little bit of talent found through the internet. So thats why this generation of musicians isnt delivering or getting noticed cos they spend more time on their computers and not enough on their music. Im currently in a band and we are using the old way of doin things. We dont have a Myspace page or any music online we are using word of mouth which worked for all of Irelands greatest bands back in old days. The reason music was better years ago was simply that Phil Lynott and Rory Gallagher were never sat in front of a computer all day they were practicing whereas today u dont have to leave ur bedroom to make music. Thats where the laziness comes from.

Advertisement