Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Great start to show this morning he jumps in on hectors show starts talking about biscuits and boots hector of his own show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Dave's gone goddammit!! :mad:

Tuned in to hear nerd boy playing clips of newsreaders as Anne Doyle's name is being bandied about for president. Of course, he then proceeded to play a ton of american newsreaders the typical Irish person has never heard of, for his own amusement. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Has he got rid of reading the newspapers first thing...?? Can't believe he had ditched the only bit I actually switched on for.:mad:
    Is there any other radio station does a newspaper round-up, anyone know? I really enjoyed getting a summary without having to read them all, if you know what I mean.

he is still repeating and repeating those American clips of radio ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Has he got rid of reading the newspapers first thing...?? Can't believe he had ditched the only bit I actually switched on for.:mad:
    Is there any other radio station does a newspaper round-up, anyone know? I really enjoyed getting a summary without having to read them all, if you know what I mean.

I did not catch yesterdays show and was half asleep tuning in this morning. Is this their new policy? Fail and a bigger fail. If there is no headlines being read, that's the final nail in the coffin for me as that was the only bit that even attracted me to tunning in first thing.
    Assuming that is the new policy, I guess no awkward reading out headlines about himself down the road as the show goes into freefall.
    I'd love to get Gerry Ryan's opinion on all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Took the bull by the horns today and in pure frustation at this man I emailed Rte :eek:

Told them that when my kids go to school I rather leave the silly child voices out untill I picked them up :rolleyes:

How this man is in this job is beyond me. I suggested (or should I say 'dared') that they do a poll to 2fm listeners who they want in the seat 'dopey' or Dave.

Give me Dave any day of the week. So from now on its a CD till Colim comes on.

PLEASE DAVE COME BACK :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Morning Ireland's "it says in the papers", after the 7am & 8am news headlines.

Rubik. wrote: »
    Morning Ireland's "it says in the papers", after the 7am & 8am news headlines.
    Any station at 9am that does this?

miketv wrote: »

but 2fm...

Did anybody hear tubbers say he thinks sinead o connor is beautiful this morning
    now who is in for his nookie after the late late on friday.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

miketv wrote: »

None that I know of that's worth listening to. Tom Dunne flicks through them, I assume Ray D'Arcy does the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What the papers say aka effort-free radio for 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Did anybody hear tubbers say he thinks sinead o connor is beautiful this morning.

I read her two articles in The Sunday Times... She is either completely insane or pathetically attention seeking, I'm still not sure which... The interview will be predictably safe and fawning, same as all of Tubridy's interviews..

I read her two articles in The Sunday Times... She is either completely insane or pathetically attention seeking, I'm still not sure which... The interview will be predictably safe and fawning, same as all of Tubridy's interviews..

i dont think she will listen to him or rte, she is off her head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I noticed that Tubridy's programme was being advertised on Radio 1 during Pat Kenny's ad breaks this morning. I found this strange, do any other 2fm shows get advertised on competing Radio 1 slots does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

yeah, Sinead is as mad as a box of frogs, that interview could go sour at the slightest provocation (fingers crossed;))

http://www.rte.ie/radio/newseason/2fm.html
    Ryan storms back with his style? Come on nothing has changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Sinead O Connor tweeted today that she was pulling out of Late late show after having a conversation with the researcher. Pity. I would have thrown an eye over it just to see how far she would go....:(

Sinead O Connor tweeted today that she was pulling out of Late late show after having a conversation with the researcher her therapist.

fyp...

I've posted on the other thread on the Television forum.. The Irish Sun is reporting tomorrow that she has "snubbed" Tubridy.. The front page was shown on The Vincent Brown Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

fyp...

I've posted on the other thread on the Television forum.. The Irish Sun is reporting tomorrow that she has "snubbed" Tubridy.. The front page was shown on The Vincent Brown Show.

^ "Hello Twink, yes it's the LLS here again, could you have some cakes ready for Friday night?"

• Advertisement

No paper headlines again today, thats the 3rd day in a row so I assume that's dropped for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How can he empathise with anyone who are in debt with collectors knocking on their doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Rubik. wrote: »
    None that I know of that's worth listening to. Tom Dunne flicks through them, I assume Ray D'Arcy does the same.

Ray is on before Tom and Ray does do a good analysis of what is in the papers. Persoanally I listen to Newstalk.

How can he empathise with anyone who is in debt with collectors knocking on their doors?

Ah that's not fair, Sept... He's very familiar with how Charlie Bucket's family used to sleep in the one bed, and how George Bailey (It's A Wonderful Life) struggled when there was a run on his bank..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

Ah that's not fair, Sept... He's very familiar with how Charlie Bucket's family used to sleep in the one bed, and how George Bailey (It's A Wonderful Life) struggled when there was a run on his bank..

How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

easychair wrote: »
    How do you know?

You are obviously unfamiliar with Tubridy's work. He likes all things nice, like jelly babies and Roald Dahl books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

telekon wrote: »
    You are obviously unfamiliar with Tubridy's work. He likes all things nice, like jelly babies and Roald Dahl books.

You are right, I am unfamiliar with his work. Jonathananon seems to dislike everything about Tubridy, yet he still seems to subject himself to listening to him on radio in both the UK and Ireland, and the tv, and reading news articles about him, and then coming here to tell us all how dreadful he is.

I don't listen to Tubridy because I don't like his broadcasting style, and am constantly bemused that some in this thread seem to get some sort of strange pleasure by continuing to listen and watch a broadcaster they claim to dislike, and then reporting how dreadful it all is, all the while continuing to spend hours and hours a week on something the claim is dreadful.

Very surprised to hear that he's dropped the papers section btw.. I found myself listening in just for that somedays, as one would tune in at 6 o'clock for the news... I really dont see how the production team reckon this will gain them listeners?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

easychair wrote: »
    You are right, I am unfamiliar with his work. Jonathananon seems to dislike everything about Tubridy, yet he still seems to subject himself to listening to him on radio in both the UK and Ireland, and the tv, and reading news articles about him, and then coming here to tell us all how dreadful he is.

I don't listen to Tubridy because I don't like his broadcasting style, and am constantly bemused that some in this thread seem to get some sort of strange pleasure by continuing to listen and watch a broadcaster they claim to dislike, and then reporting how dreadful it all is, all the while continuing to spend hours and hours a week on something the claim is dreadful.
    so what

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

so what

you have been warned. Moderators will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Advertisement