Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav deodorant that doesnt go 'stale'after a few hours?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

skregs wrote: »
    Can you not just buy a travel bottle or whatever, lash it in your bag and respray yourself after 4 hours or so?
    In reality, nothing is going to last more than 7 hours, and if you put enough on to last all day you'll be reeking
    Well I used nivea sport this morning after showering and there is still a vague scent of it,15 odd hours lasting aint to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lynx Anti-perspirant is the most useless product I've ever had the displeasure of using, it's such a joke. Works for about 4 hours and then it's gone.

Roll on > Sprays, I'd go for Nivea or Right Guard Roll ons, they've never failed me. Sure sprays are probably as good as they're gonna get if you insist on spraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

For my 1st job, I used to get free lunch to have someone test a competitors deodorant on my armpits! The deodorant they kept putting on my armpit, was nivea roll-on....so it must be good stuff if the company i worked in was trying to copy it and testing it all the time.

the company i worked for at the time made SURE, and the competitor was Nivea, but they sold SURE onto another company...so not sure who has them now. Either way....they seemed dead interested in Nivea

just checked and Unilever has since bought SURE...so that means its the same company as Lynx/Axe and Dove...

Revlon makes mitchum (just checked to see if they made any other brands and they dont)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I got a stick of that Mitchum stuff in Dunnes yesterday and tried it out for the first time this morning. Well, it's now 12 hours later and I still smell good! :D

It's certainly better than the Sure for Men roll on I was using previously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

@dord was it really that good ye ??? did you usually swet etc ?? i think i might try it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

A V A wrote: »
    @dord was it really that good ye ??? did you usually swet etc ?? i think i might try it out

Seems to actually work compared to other anti-persperants. I haven't been doing too much strenuous exercise in the last few days so I can't say in that respect but for a regular day it has worked well. No residue or marks on clothes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭xtradel

You may laugh but if you want to stay dry my reccomendation is Brut anti p!!

Its very hard get anywhere outside Boots but its seriously good stuff and smells ok too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I picked up a couple of bottles from the Loreal Men Expert line in Tesco's yesterday on special offer - €1.79 a bottle.Im very impressed I must say.I had a sniff of the Mitchum brand and wasnt taken with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Pick up the L'oreal mens 48hr roll on during the week. Seems to be doing the job so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I seem to sweat an awful lot under my arms (best anti-perspireant I've found is Sure but it's still not great) so I'm wondering does shaving your armpits really reduce sweating??? I'm really fed up of sweat patches after 1 hour at this stage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Darcy33

Id stake my reputation on Nivea for men!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Going to get mitchum next time i run out,dont remember seeing it around before though

You can get Mitchum in Boot's a damn fine product if a tadge more expensive that the regulars.

gave that loreal expert a go and doesnt work for me !!! didnt get great results from it , im now trying adidas ice dive and seems to be ok so far:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The Nivea 24h extra dry roller yokes.

Simply does what it says on the flask and has a very very mild, almost none, scent.
    I tried them all and that's the verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

came across this thread last night and went to tesco today and they had an offer on mitchum products, buy 1 get 1 free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Been using Mitchum for a good while now. Was using the roll on and, while it was excellent, I did find some white patches appearing under my arms on tshirts. Then they brought out a stick version which applies clear. I've never used a stick before but this stuff is unbelievable. I'd recommend it to anyone.

And like mailrewop said, Tesco often have Mitcuhm on buy one get one free offers. I just stock up when I see that.

think i might give mitchum a go :) god im sick of swet patches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

roll on chocolately lynx, serious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

roll-on botanics is coolio:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

BRUT Aquatonic

• Advertisement

i tried out sure 48 hour protection and its not workin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A V A wrote: »
    i tried out sure 48 hour protection and its not workin
    Try mitchum next...

I read back on some of your posts that you have tried a number of them and they don't work. What exactly does not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

excite anti-p from aldi

costs about 90 cents, keeps you dry and smells better than sure, imo

old spice red stick is pretty good and seems to last pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Insignia for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I find Sure roll-on to be the best. Certainly no sweat patches with it.

Advertisement