Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav deodorant that doesnt go 'stale'after a few hours?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 2:29am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You know, after a shower you put on some spray, then later in the day or evening you just been going about your daily stuff and then you start to smell yourself under your shirt and it just isn't too pleasant anymore.
    I know the ads say works all day but we all know they'll say anything.

Anyone know of one that REALLY does work all day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Any type of sure is usually good, or adidas!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've given up on sprays they're all ****e and they make white stains under your armpits on the shirts and jerseys. That's my experience anyway.

I decided to go in and get that L'Oreal one that Le King is advertising these days but hated the smell of it so got Cool Kick by Nivea. Much prefer the roll-ons have to say and there's a grand refreshing smell off it too. May go and top up on it soon actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Ive found that i have to change each time i buy a new bottle. its like the armpits get used to the one spray.
    I usually switch between nivea and dove. Rexona is ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sure sport lasts 24 hours and is really nice.Also the Nivea sport range is excellent and iv gotten alot of positive comments from wimminz about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Sure sport lasts 24 hours and is really nice.Also the Nivea sport range is excellent and iv gotten alot of positive comments from wimminz about it.

+1 for nivea - it won't let you down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Right Guard and Dove do be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Gillette roll on gel deodorant the one where you twist like a honey comb thing. Best one is the US Right Guard version of it but both are equally as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Nivea Dry Impact. It's a roll on that lasts well all day. Nice smell which I have also been complimented on by the wimmins also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I don't like anti-perspirants so go with lynx. Screw you Iamstop! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

iamstop wrote: »
    So we all agree Lynx sux?
    Any man over 20 years should not wear lynx,no ambiguities.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 newtothis2010

'Mitchum' is a new one i've come across, bit pricier, but ice cool and dry the whole day through...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Anti-perspirent for me always. I use Sure and I tend to lash it on but I never ever get wet patches or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

mitchum is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 knetworks

the lidl deodorant isnt bad;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

'Mitchum' is a new one i've come across, bit pricier, but ice cool and dry the whole day through...

Defo the best one out there by a mile.

The new l'Oreal ones are actually quite good too.

But Mitchum is definitely the out there in terms of staying fresh and dry for the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Odats wrote: »
    Gillette roll on gel deodorant the one where you twist like a honey comb thing. Best one is the US Right Guard version of it but both are equally as good.

This.

The best I've ever used, you'll be as dry as jesus's sandal after 40 days in the desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I shower every morning, on occasion might spray a bit of deo on, but not very much, and not very often.

I'm a techy and while lugging gear around comes into it every now and again I tend not to get sweaty too often. I've come in contact with people who have overdone it on the spraying front, obviously it's not as bad as someone who smells of BO, but actually tasting the stuff in the air isn't good either.

Of course people with more active jobs may require a more robust anti-BO regime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Brut, but you use cologne or aftershave too

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Where can you get mitchum? I've heard of it but cant find it in any of the chemists or supermarkets around here. Please dont tell me I'll have to drag my ass to cork or waterford to get it in boots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Where can you get mitchum? I've heard of it but cant find it in any of the chemists or supermarkets around here. Please dont tell me I'll have to drag my ass to cork or waterford to get it in boots.

I just got some in Tesco. Roll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Right Guard Anti-Persperant does it for me. 60 minutes walking in a jersey (and lets face it, they are sweatboxes) and even 2 hours later I could still smell the awesomeness of Right Guard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 newtothis2010

iamstop wrote: »
    I just got some in Tesco. Roll on.

they do a spray too... only found that in the larger tescos so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I agree with the nivea comments. I use the cool kick roll-on and I haven't been dissappointed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

would have to go with mitchum.its the best i have used .nivea and right guard are good aswel.i only use roll-ons and then some cologne .mitchum is being stocked in most places now ,I have even seen it in one of those value for money type stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Going to get mitchum next time i run out,dont remember seeing it around before though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Like others have mentioned above, the L'Oreál MenExpert stuff is very useful. The Nivea range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I recently started using Right Guard; the green 3D one I think it is. I have to say it certainly smells longer than others Ive used.

I used to use Gillette (the silvery blue can) which I probably still prefer but I found myself topping it off a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I never liked Lynx, but I gave the Lynx dry ones a shot, and I have been using them around a year or more now. Dark Temptation gets a lot of positive reactions from the ladies, as does Twist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Took the Mitchum advice on board and went and bought. I'm impressed.

Advertisement