Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav deodorant that doesnt go 'stale'after a few hours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Must keep my eyes peeled for it next time Im getting new smellys.I have about 10 different bottles of the stuff as it is so will get through some of them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm loven the nivea cool kick at the moment not to over powering for my after shave.... which chanel allure homme sport so thast my recomondation....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I hate the feeling of the roll-ons/sticks, so I use the Nivea Dry spray and find it pretty good. I ran out when I was in the States a couple of weeks ago and almost everything was a stick. I eventually settled for one of the two sprays I saw that weren't Old Spice, Brut or Axe (Lynx) called React (I think), and soon discovered I'd made a big mistake. The bloody stuff burned my armpits, they were sore and red after a couple of uses and it took a few days to go down. Needless to say i didn't bring it back with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I haven't been able to use spray deodorants for the last 6 years or so, I developed an allergy to chemical fragrance (Parfum) whihc is used in nearly all deodorants

Mitchum non perfumed and Ismple roll on is what I have been reduced too, I am not keen on the mitchum as it seems to stain shirts after use

They are pretty effective though but I do miss smelling of something

The only spray deodorant that I seem to be somewhat tolerant too is the new Dove for Men one and some Nivea ones, I could wear that once every 3 or 4 days and not have my skin explode

It is such a pain and means I have to plan ahead cos if I run out I can't just nip out to the shops and pick up whetever is there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Nivea Cool Kick gets a thumbs up from me as well. It seems quite economical too. Got a twin pack a couple of months back and I still have some of the second one remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Im rocking Right Guard anti-persperant for a couple of years now. Nothing else really does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Right guard is very good alright.
    I went to tesco's there yesterday to get some Mitchum even though i had 2 full cans of dove,i'm impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Using Old Spice atm. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Bought a can of Mithcum spray-on the other day, really impressed so far it actually does last and the scent is really nice and not too strong either.
    Would definetly recommend it much better than anything i have used before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm alternating at the moment between Mitchum roll-on, Nivea roll-on and Dove roll-on... I find the three of them tick all the boxes; good scent, doesn't go 'stale', excellent anti-perspirant (under all but the most extreme of circumstances), dries in quickly and they're even not so bad in regards leaving white marks on clothes.

Any of the above, I would highly recommend. Avoid bollox like Lynx like the plague, tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

right guard is what im using at the moment, any of the adidas are surprisingly good also.

I haven't used mitchum myself but its pretty high quality stuff and i've heard its very good!

Don't use lynx unless you're 15 and have random lines shaved into your hair/eyebrows!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 SirPeter

The power of advertising is amazing. If you are clean and wear clean clothes when you go out there is no need to spray or roll on any artificial smells to your skin.

Even if you are going to be "smelly" later on no artificial smell is going to prevent that ( and I bet you won't be smelly) and the smell of the artificial smell is so off putting to many.

Deodorants are no more than an artificial smell, and the word "deodorant" is just a clever marketing name to allow men to put on artificial scents.

Real men don't wear perfume!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

SirPeter wrote: »
    The power of advertising is amazing. If you are clean and wear clean clothes when you go out there is no need to spray or roll on any artificial smells to your skin.

Even if you are going to be "smelly" later on no artificial smell is going to prevent that ( and I bet you won't be smelly) and the smell of the artificial smell is so off putting to many.

Deodorants are no more than an artificial smell, and the word "deodorant" is just a clever marketing name to allow men to put on artificial scents.

Real men don't wear perfume!

Eh yeah... that's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

For staying dry all day Mitchum is defo the one for me. Use Nivea on occasion. Also Dove for men is good. Smells nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Speaking from a woman's perspective, Lynx Dark Temptation is always a +1 :) And, no you are never too old to wear it as said before...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Haha, seems Michum got a spike in sales due to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I saw mitchum the last day when I was in Tesco gettin some - I actually bought Instinct by David Beckham - really liked the smell of it and even though it's not strictly an anti-perspirent I've found it actually works better than certain anti perspirants I've used before

The scent tends to last a long time also so I'm fairly happy with it....really wanna try this mitchum now though :pac:

I'm loven the nivea cool kick at the moment not to over powering for my after shave.... which chanel allure homme sport so thast my recomondation....

You'd want diesel to overpower that aftershave in my experience, very strong scented I found, similar to Jean Paul Gaultier imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lads i need help finding a antiperspirant deodorant, i have tried so many but they just dont work like lynx dry,safe guard etc and iv tried that dove anti persperint but thats starting not on work aswell??i dont do alot of sporting and im not a smelly person atall just when i get warm in my coat or what ever i swet or even in a club or what ever

what do you use lads , i want to give a few things a go

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive merged your thread with this existing one A V A,lots of good advice here.

• Advertisement

thanks ned:) sorry i didnt see

What ever happened Physio Sport - remember that deodrant range that took off for a while there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

A V A wrote: »
    lads i need help finding a antiperspirant deodorant, i have tried so many but they just dont work like lynx dry,safe guard etc and iv tried that dove anti persperint but thats starting not on work aswell??i dont do alot of sporting and im not a smelly person atall just when i get warm in my coat or what ever i swet or even in a club or what ever

what do you use lads , i want to give a few things a go

cheers

head into boots and pick up a bottle of driclor. you put it on before going to bed at night, and wash it off in the morning. then just use your normal anti perspirant (i like the fish soho stuff also available in boots) and be away about your business.

cheers pal

any other anti deo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mitchum is fantastic - for both men and women - i'm a woman and i changed to this recently cos i found the sprays werent working that well for me. Well i haven't had a sweaty armpit since - it's brilliant - lasts all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The best I've used was Fcuk. Smelt class.
    Use Lynx Africa on a regular basis and it does the job though (also use the shower gel so that probably helps).

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

Can you not just buy a travel bottle or whatever, lash it in your bag and respray yourself after 4 hours or so?

In reality, nothing is going to last more than 7 hours, and if you put enough on to last all day you'll be reeking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

PaulieC wrote: »
    What ever happened Physio Sport - remember that deodrant range that took off for a while there!

Yeah i used to use that all the time years ago!! Your right, they mustnt make it anymore

THFC wrote: »
    The best I've used was Fcuk. Smelt class.
    Use Lynx Africa on a regular basis and it does the job though (also use the shower gel so that probably helps).

Lynx Africa just brings back so many memories of when I was 15 and smelling the guys at the local disco. (was prob thinking, ah eureka they've finally discovered deodorant)

• Advertisement

For my 1st job, I used to get free lunch to have someone test a competitors deodorant on my armpits! The deodorant they kept putting on my armpit, was nivea roll-on....so it must be good stuff if the company i worked in was trying to copy it and testing it all the time.

Advertisement