Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Universe Ireland 2010 Rozanna Purcell

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Holy God (yes I must channel Miley Byrne for this!), we have stated that NOT EVERYBODY has to share a personal attraction to any person. But just because you do not find a person to be match your personal criteria of attraction, does not mean that the person is not conventionally attractive.

Honestly, am I typing this in Cantonese? Why is that extremely important (and relatively simple in my view) element of the argument being wholly misunderstood by so many?!

I was clearly stating that the fact is that there are conventional norms in what people consider attractive.

Some of us don't embrace convention!! Are the maths generating generic beauties?!

Anyhoo I'm not saying that those mathamatically correct beauties are not fabulous, i'm saying that those who dont match up are not therefore not beautiful, but i'd dont bring 'conventional' into it.

OMG I'm so tired *runs away from thread*

At the end of the day THEY ALL HAVE LOVELY BOTTOMS:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

kerash wrote: »
    Some of us don't embrace convention!! Are the maths generating generic beauties?!

Anyhoo I'm not saying that those mathamatically correct beauties are not fabulous, i'm saying that those who dont match up are not therefore not beautiful, but i'd dont bring 'conventional' into it.

OMG I'm so tired *runs away from thread*

At the end of the day THEY ALL HAVE LOVELY BOTTOMS:pac:

I never said that people who are not conventionally attractive cannot also be beautiful or attractive. Again, if you read the thread, one of my earliest posts on the thread was about that very thing and giving an example of one such person I would find attractive. I still think you are missing the point.

As for conventional, it is just a word, a word that helps differentiate different forms of beauty in the thread. You shouldn't read too much into the meaning behind it. It is just a variation on classically attractive, generally accepted as attractive etc. It just signifies what is commonly and generally accepted to be the attractive.

And now I'm going to my conventionally beautiful bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Actually I agree that beauty is not subjective, and attraction is. Yeah I suppose there is the mathematical equation and symmetry that transcends cultural preferences. We all know a good looking face when we see one and there is a general worldwide consensus that that person is good looking, even if you find you are not attracted to them.

As for Rosanna Davidson, I don't understand how people think she is ugly either. Maybe it is in the context of her success on the world stage, but if she walked into a room here, a local perhaps, they would probably think differently.

Advertisement