Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Universe Ireland 2010 Rozanna Purcell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Whatever fulfills you.. She's hotter than Rosanna Davison, but then again the girl spells her name with a Z. :D

Bret Michaels, sleaze bag to end all sleaze bags is a judge. LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I can't see what she really looks like because of the airbrushing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Lia_lia wrote: »

Agreed ... the photo in the first link it a little OTT with the airbrushing

In the bikini one she just looks a little scary! (number 67 I think ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I presume the target market for this show is anyone who fancies women to get their rocks off to. The Irish contender is gorgeous but honestly, who gives a flying feck if she wins? It's hardly any kind of achievement for herself or for her country. If I watched it, what would I be supporting exactly? Wow I hope her face doesn't fall off and slide down the side of the stage and she gains 6 pounds in 10 seconds. She has to stand there and look sexy and beautiful. Whatever floats your boat but I'd find it difficult to "cheer on" beauty.

I have to disagree with you though Casey Ann, if this women don't have good bodies or faces, then there's no hope for any of us...I must be some hideous sewer monkey from hell if that's what passes for ugly these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm always torn on these things, because deep down i know they're a bit icky and sexist but... the girls are rather easy on the eye... DILEMMA! ;)

The photos are fierce airbrushed though, in the first pic she barely looks human! Still looks better than me though! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Lia_lia wrote: »

38156_443081542921_547772921_5976769_7656835_n.jpg

caseyann wrote: »
    38156_443081542921_547772921_5976769_7656835_n.jpg

I think minus the make up she'd still be beautiful actually. Still, big deal. Does she deserve to win a contest because of it?

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I presume the target market for this show is anyone who fancies women to get their rocks off to. The Irish contender is gorgeous but honestly, who gives a flying feck if she wins? It's hardly any kind of achievement for herself or for her country. If I watched it, what would I be supporting exactly? Wow I hope her face doesn't fall off and slide down the side of the stage and she gains 6 pounds in 10 seconds. She has to stand there and look sexy and beautiful. Whatever floats your boat but I'd find it difficult to "cheer on" beauty.

I have to disagree with you though Casey Ann, if this women don't have good bodies or faces, then there's no hope for any of us...I must be some hideous sewer monkey from hell if that's what passes for ugly these days.

They portray themselves as the apparently most beautiful women in world,i will criticize them,and i seen better looking and nicer figures on street.
    And i again ask what is the winner merited on?

caseyann wrote: »
    They portray themselves as the apparently most beautiful women in world,i will criticize them,and i seen better looking and nicer figures on street.
    And i again ask what is the winner merited on?

I suppose a certain kind of woman would enter a contest like this. To put it bluntly, you'd need to be fairly up your own backside to believe you're the most beautiful woman in the world, no? I'm probably just bitter though as is it any different to entering into a writing contest? Obviously one involves talent and one doesn't but it's essentially the same idea, I guess.

It's not as if they roam up and down the land of every country to find the most stunning woman to enter. Would you enter if someone asked you, Casey Ann? These women usually enter off their own bat. I'd be interested to know what would possess them to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

She's actually really beautiful, and if she's got a personality to match her looks then she deserves to win!

• Advertisement

I suppose a certain kind of woman would enter a contest like this. To put it bluntly, you'd need to be fairly up your own backside to believe you're the most beautiful woman in the world, no? I'm probably just bitter though as is it any different to entering into a writing contest? Obviously one involves talent and one doesn't but it's essentially the same idea, I guess.

It's not as if they roam up and down the land of every country to find the most stunning woman to enter. Would you enter if someone asked you, Casey Ann? These women usually enter off their own bat. I'd be interested to know what would possess them to do this.

I wouldnt no.I was asked to do something in modeling and singing aswell.I told them no thanks and pointed them to people who would like to do that kind of stuff.

They have to be attention seekers.

I guess because they dont mind been judged on and very confident.They get their face in every tv station and modeling jobs and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Beauty Pagents aren't my cup of tea but I respect women's rights to take part in them. Each to their own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

She looks very pretty indeed, some of the bikini models are stunning.
    If that's what they want to do, good luck to them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

She looks much better unphotshopped.

It's kinda like an award for having two good looking parents who successfully mated...

WindSock wrote: »
    She looks much better unphotshopped.

It's kinda like an award for having two good looking parents who successfully mated...

I agree with first part,she really does,less is more.

Second part i dont agree with.

Truley wrote: »
    Beauty Pagents aren't my cup of tea but I respect women's rights to take part in them. Each to their own.

This is what i am trying to figure out is it a beauty pagent only? I mean literally to say who is best looking out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I love the jealousy in this thread.

Looking that good takes time, effort and exercise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I don't know, I know a few girls who fall out of bed looking like these girls. No time, no effort, some people just have good genes :)

For example, she has beautifully shaped eyes, and lips. There's not much you can do to physically change the shape of those naturally.

I do think the competition is a bit of a silly shallow thing, but that's because it's just not my 'thing'. It's obviously something these girls want to do and nobody's forcing them into it with a cattle prod, so that's their choice, and yes, I hope she wins. She's lovely.

Was this competition Miss World before, or is this a new thing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Miss Spain is unbelievable :eek:. Instant girl crush!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ah don't go down this road again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

...and good breeding.

As Silverfish already said, no amount of excercise, time and effort can give you a good bone structure and attractive features. It can certainly be enhanced through hard work, but you have to have something to work with to begin with. That is why I don't really understand these competitions. I am not against them, I just don't consider them something great to aspire to, or a real achievement. Then again, perhaps I am just a jealous old sow and should go with the flow before I am found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

I hope she wins, She is one of the better looking girls in the competition
    Yes it's all about looks but should land the winner a lucrative modelling
    contract and excellent publicity.

Faith wrote: »

She is along with Ukraine
    angelxx wrote: »
    I hope she wins, She is one of the better looking girls in the competition
    Yes it's all about looks but should land the winner a lucrative modelling
    contract and excellent publicity.

I agree,she is very pretty,would like to see how she comes across as a person.

Her glam shot?Beautiful.
    photo_cron_1_43_0_2010.jpg

WindSock wrote: »
    ...and good breeding.

As Silverfish already said, no amount of excercise, time and effort can give you a good bone structure and attractive features. It can certainly be enhanced through hard work, but you have to have something to work with to begin with. That is why I don't really understand these competitions. I am not against them, I just don't consider them something great to aspire to, or a real achievement. Then again, perhaps I am just a jealous old sow and should go with the flow before I am found out.

I dont agree with you there. I have seen famous people on street and they look wow frighteningly normal and would not look twice at them. Make up works wonders and if you have determination,body wise everyone can have that to die for body. Also most have work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Bret Michaels, sleaze bag to end all sleaze bags is a judge. LOL!

He's a sleazy bastard but was very likeable on Celebrity Apprentice. Nice job to land in fairness!
    Faith wrote: »

What number is she now?

nkay1985 wrote: »

What number is she now?

This is her.

UNI10_1398-p.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

She's a very good looking girl. I found her "celtic outfit" to be hilarious. http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/celtic-warrior-rozanna-wows-contest-judges-2301600.html I love the herald for "celeb" stories:D.

Btw +1 for Miss Spain. What a gorgeous girl.

I like her celtic outfit,they could have took a better pic of it :mad:

Miss Australia another pretty one her outfit is lovely :)

australia_1698105i.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm not a fan of beauty pageants as I don't think anyone should be judged only on their looks, but I admire girls who are confident enough to enter them.

They obviously have a good self and body-image, know how to make the best of themselves, and aren't prevented by the kind of self criticism that most girls give themselves, from doing what they enjoy.

Its great that they know how beautiful they are, and even better that they aren't ashamed of knowing it.

Its just a shame that people assume they're conceited because of it.

• Advertisement

I agree. I know a girl who was Miss Ireland a few years ago and she kept saying in interviews that she didn't consider herself good looking and that it was just a lucky break........as if, like! You have to enter yourself and I don't know many people who would have the nerve to do it, beautiful or not.

Beauty pageants don't really bother me but I just find it a bit sad to be judged for only your looks. Like other people have said, it just means you got lucky with your genes, it's hardly an achievement. I don't really understand why anyone would feel the need to be crowned Miss Universe or whatever. But each to their own.

Advertisement