Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Like Seafood?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

janja wrote: »
    Seabass...............................hmmmmmmmmmm

Yum.. Couldn't agree more. I love fish!! Thinking about it is making me very hungry.
    Would definitely give up meat before fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Dont like seafood at all, never did. haha I remember as a kid refusing to even eat fish fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Perrywinkles, prawns and battered cod, that's as much seafood as I can handle. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Read an article a while back on fly-fishing for bass. At the end, they took a decent bass, about six pounds, rolled into their local bar, ordered a rake of limes and beers and cut strips of the bass to eat raw with lime and beer. I reckon add some wasabi and that sounds pretty perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im partial to the odd 1 n' 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Love all types of seafood and would eat fish at least once a week.
    Halibut & Monkfish are devine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Love seafood. Eat it (and/or fish) most days a week. Mussels om nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

mackeral fried fresh from the sea is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Was never mad about it but my wife loves it so we have it on the menu every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Oh glorious fish. How can anyone not like these dishes for example:

Sea bass pan fried (so the skin is crispy) with lemon butter sauce
    Roasted monkfish wrapped in parma ham
    Seared salmon with a honey glaze
    Prawns flash fried with garlic, chilli and coriander

YUUUMMMMMMM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Ordinarily I like my ignorance to be ill-informed, but when I saw your thread title, what could I do?

Even if you're well informed, and have a plan, it;s still sustainable crab claws FTW.

(Drunk) AMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

love salmon, cod, monkfish....anything really as long as it is heated!! dont ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Cod and chips from the chipper occassionally or else fish fingers. The rest taste like foetus. I do take my daily quota of cod liver oil tablets so that is enough fish for me. Oh and the odd bag of perriwinkles - gotta love eating snotty fish-snails - yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Nothing better than going out, cathing a few mackerel and throwing them onto a bbq within a few mins. Fresh fish is fookin' delish man!

Just thought I'd add to the thread as it was beginning to Flounder

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I voted Atari fish head before I realized it wasn't red meat. No wonder it's got only 4 votes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Love sushi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Love, love, love, all kinds of fish! When we were on holidays as a family I would beg for a Spanish Tapas dish called (I think) Pulpo. Basically Octopus chunks in an olive oil soup. I was addicted to it!

My other favourite is Tuna steak done on the grill! I could eat that all day!

Don't like how fish is cooked in Ireland, it's mangled and over sauced, like as if the chef feels he/she has to hide it to get people to eat it, in Spain they just grill fish and throw a bit of Lemon and olive oil on it and it's beautiful!

Ah, man, I'm hungry now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Used to love all sea-food, now I'm more fussy. I'm gone off shellfish as it tastes pretty vile and is quite dodgy for the stomach, plus mackerel isn't nice - too strong. I still really like the rest though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Like most seafood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Oh my god no one has made the "I'm on the seafood diet.... when I see food, i eat it" joke.

Well you can't now, coz I ruined it. HA

Aaaaah you just ruined my night :p

I love seafood though, fresh mackerel that you catch yourself, what could be better! Love shellfish too, moules-frites in the south of France, huuuge bowl of the nicest mussels you can buy served with chips, I was in heaven :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Love Fish ... with the exception of Smoked Salmon which I dislike intensly

Sea Bass now that is probably my all time favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Now listen here. If i was in a restaurant & had a seafood platter plonked down in front of me, there are certain things i couldn't eat.

- mussels (don't like em)
    - oysters (fcuk off, tried to eat one last year. Tried)
    - raw salmon (get your bags & baggage. Cooked? oh yes)

Everything else on the plate i'l eat. Crab, lobster, scollops - scrummy. Nice bit of battered or breaded fish, lovely. Any fish fried in real butter is going to taste nice. Then again if you fried your shoe in butter it would probably taste nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

love sea food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

WindSock wrote: »
    Awaits barrage of gee jokes...
    I wish people would stop using the licking smiley on this thread - it keeps making me titter... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

I love seafood, particularly shellfish. However, it's amazing how many people here like salmon (particularly bearing in mind that the salmon you get in supermarkets/fishmongers is farmed). Having spent the last year studying marine biology and fisheries science, I would never eat farmed fish again, especially Tiger prawns and farmed salmon. The methods and feed used to grow these animals not only harm the environment but pose a serious risk to human health. I recall one incident in Waterford where a fisherman was fined by the SFPA (Sea Fisheries Protection Agency) for using farmed salmon as bait in lobster pots. The reason - the salmon was deemed to be too toxic (full of PCP's) and therefore might contaminate the lobsters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I like most fish, but not keen on cod or salmon. I wont eat something that lives in a shell.

Mackerel, kippers, haddock,plaice, whiting,smoked coley would be my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

some_dose wrote: »
    I love seafood, particularly shellfish. However, it's amazing how many people here like salmon (particularly bearing in mind that the salmon you get in supermarkets/fishmongers is farmed). Having spent the last year studying marine biology and fisheries science, I would never eat farmed fish again, especially Tiger prawns and farmed salmon. The methods and feed used to grow these animals not only harm the environment but pose a serious risk to human health. I recall one incident in Waterford where a fisherman was fined by the SFPA (Sea Fisheries Protection Agency) for using farmed salmon as bait in lobster pots. The reason - the salmon was deemed to be too toxic (full of PCP's) and therefore might contaminate the lobsters!
    Plus, farmed fish doesn't taste of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

kylith wrote: »
    Plus, farmed fish doesn't taste of anything.

AND fish farming actually consumes more fish than it produces.

Best fish to eat are small fish lower down the food ladder - mackerel, herring, sardines. Also forget cod, over rated and is currently being hunted to extinction (in fact, despite our best efforts, we WILL see the extinction of the Atlantic cod this century). Eat haddock, coalie or pollock - they are all taste the same anyway and you can be assured that when you order your 'cod' and chips in the chipper, you'll be getting one of those instead.

Oh and to those here that like tuna - enjoy your bio-accumulation of mercury and other heavy metals. Best tuna to eat would be line caught skipjack and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

fried and battered fish is wonderful.
    Lobster, crayfish, shrimp, no way.

I can't get past the smell. Ewww!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

But sleeping with fish can give you crabs!

:pac:

Advertisement