Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Like Seafood?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

kfallon wrote: »
    A fishmongers gee????

i really wouldn't know... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the further a person lives away from the sea the more likely they are not to like seafood?

I lived by the sea for many years and disliked fish until recently. I think it was the smell that put me off initially when I was a wee lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

i really wouldn't know... :p

It's gotta be quite fishy tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the further a person lives away from the sea the more likely they are not to like seafood?

I have lived by the sea all of my life with the exception of three years and I cannot stand the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I like most white fish, shellfish and squid etc. Carp is vile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fecking love it. I could give up meat before fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

I love seafood - on holidays I'll eat it everyday and will often go for it in restaurants at home too. I rarely cook it for myself though - I think it needs a delicate hand and to be honest I make an arse of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

I Carp is vile

'tis worse for dyslexics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Do you love fish sticks?
    I love fish sticks in my mouth. I am, however, not a gay fish.
    really?! it was in marks and spencers cafe... in a sandwich... not good.
    It won't do you any harm, but for proper, proper prawns you'd need to get some Dublin Bay prawns from, say, Fallon and Byrne, or a proper fishmonger. The M&S sandwich prawns are probably pre-frozen greenland ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

I love all kinds of fish! Just ate it there for lunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

phill106 wrote: »
    I like it generally, but good lord, who decided oysters was to be considered food. Cold slimy snot!ugh!

I was at an oyster festival yesterday in Carlingford.. They're nice enough when eaten on occasion with a nice pint of the black stuff.. wouldn't be their biggest fan though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Nope, don't like seafood. At least not any that I've tried anyway. Anytime I've tried fish I didn't like it at all.

But I've never had shellfish, so I suppose I'd try that sometime if the opportunity came up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I have this argument regularly with people who say they hate fish and im like so you have tried all of them.

I just asked the internet and i got some figure saying 25000 varieties how can anyone hate all 25,000 different types of fishies.

Exactly, just like people who say they don't like fruit and vegetables, as if "fruit and vegetables" was just one thing.

In general fish is yum, especially oily fish like mackerel and shellfish like mussels. Or a nice bit of finely cut salmon sashimi. I'm not wild on squid, I find it too chewy and not especially flavoursome. I'm sure there is other seafood that I don't like but it's not springing to mind at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

I have this argument regularly with people who say they hate fish and im like so you have tried all of them.

I just asked the internet and i got some figure saying 25000 varieties how can anyone hate all 25,000 different types of fishies.

Ps. Fish fingers is not a type of fish.

Well, yes. No different to meat there are all different flavours and textures.

We seem to eat very little fish considering we're an island.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Fecking love it. I could give up meat before fish.

+1. The only red meat which would come close would be Sirloin/T-Bone or perhaps some quality Lamb.

Crab, Scallops, Lobster, Perriwinkles, Cockles, Prawns, Baby Octopus, Squid, Mackeral, Trout, Swordfish, Tuna (steak), Sole, Plaice etc. We export the best and eat fish/seafood in it's least appetising format ourselves (breadcrumbed) because I think there is a fear of consuming flesh that hasn't been packaged or looks like it was once alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Reminds me that I have some lovely prawns in the fridge I must eat soon.
    nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I eat probably more seafood than I should but I don't really eat much red meat at all so, either fish or chicken. A lot of salmon and tilapia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

I love smoked salmon :D Other then that don't eat fish that isn't breaded or battered :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I love seafood, pretty much everything.

It's more the case that a lot of people don't know how to cook it properly, that's the seafood I don't like, badly cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I could happily survive on a diet of seafood!
    Big durty fish pie is my speciality..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Most of the fish I have tried I have hated or barely tolerated. It is partly the texture, partly the taste, partly the million little bones.

I do like tuna and smoked salmon though.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    It is partly the texture, partly the taste, partly the million little bones.

I hake tha'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Partly the puns.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Partly the puns.

Basstard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I like sashimi.

Can humans catch fish with their bare hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Seabass...............................hmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Oh my god no one has made the "I'm on the seafood diet.... when I see food, i eat it" joke.

Well you can't now, coz I ruined it. HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Can humans catch fish with their bare hands?

Google guddling.

I've always wanted to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

WindSock wrote: »

Awaits barrage of gee jokes...

Nothing like the smell of fresh sea prawn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

Smcgie wrote: »
    No! Ill eat anything other than fish

fish and seafood is just pure vile. i hate it. the smell of it everything!

Advertisement