Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you found a wallet with €2,000 in it

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I dunno what i'd do to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Lol at people saying they'd hand it in.

2,000 euro? I'd keep it and throw wallet back on the road, you could do alot with 2k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Mak_United wrote: »
    Lol at people saying they'd hand it in.

2,000 euro? I'd keep it and throw wallet back on the road, you could do alot with 2k.

Why are you lol'ing at us?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Cause unless your a very wealthy person you wouldn't hand it in. I laugh when majority of people say they would hand it in when they wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Mak_United wrote: »
    Cause unless your a very wealthy person you wouldn't hand it in. I laugh when majority of people say they would hand it in when they wouldn't.

How do you know how wealthy any of the people here are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'd hand it in. I don't need €2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Keep it, if someone has €2000 in a wallet then they don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Keep it, if someone has €2000 in a wallet then they don't need it.

maybe they where on the way to the bank ? or to buy something important ?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Pdfile wrote: »
    maybe they where on the way to the bank ? or to buy something important ?

They should have been smarter with it then :P, buy something with debit/credit card, dont carry that much in a wallet, and if you do keep it safe not in a lose pocket :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

My mam lost her bag while out shopping one christmas , had all her money in it to buy the kids their presents etc..
    She looked in every shop she had been in and asked around with no luck.
    When she came home she was bailing her eyes out , we were really hard up for money at the time and my mam and dad had scraped every penny together to make it a good christmas so you can imagine how upset they were. A day later a woman knocked on our door and handed the bag back to my mam , it had over 4k in it . My mam couldn't belive it she was honestly in shock , took the woman in made her a cup of tea and tried to give the woman 200e just as something , but the woman wouldn't take it. My mam then got the womans address and wrote her a christmas card with 200e in it. It was the least she could do.
    So honestly if you seen how loosing money can effect a person then i think you would hand it in , and if you say you wouldn't hand it in then lets just hope you never loose your wallet or purse!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

xxchloexx wrote: »
    My mam lost her bag while out shopping one christmas , had all her money in it to buy the kids their presents etc..
    She looked in every shop she had been in and asked around with no luck.
    When she came home she was bailing her eyes out , we were really hard up for money at the time and my mam and dad had scraped every penny together to make it a good christmas so you can imagine how upset they were. A day later a woman knocked on our door and handed the bag back to my mam , it had over 4k in it .

:eek:

€4,000 for presents when she was "really hard up for money"?

My exaggeration sense is tingling.

OT; I'd hand it in, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Im the oldest of 5 kids , two of which wanted quite expensive bikes ... i also put "etc.." in there for a reason , meaning not only presents , she also had to buy clothes and stuff for the christmas dinner.
    So 4k really isnt going to go a long way.. I really cant stand the way people just assume your lying ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I must say, it is refreshing to see so many people admitting that...
    A -...it depends entirely on their own financial circumstances
    B -...they'd do it because they'd feel good
    C-...or that they'd do it in hopes of a reward

So few people pretending that it's either just right or wrong.

Personally I'd look at their photo. If they were especially hot or especially old and pathetic I'd consider handing it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Yogi Berra was once asked what he'd do if he found a million dollars, and he said "I'd look for the guy who lost it, and if he was a poor guy I'd give it back."

More seriously, there's an offence called stealing by finding, or theft by finding - look at this Australian story, people found $100k in a suitcase they bought: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/100000-left-stashed-inside-salvation-army-store-suitcase-20100406-roeh.html

I found a wallet with £400 and a bunch of banker's cards, and ID showing its owner was a financier, in 1996 - I suppose around equivalent to €2,000 now, or maybe more if you take house prices into account. I found the owner and gave it back.

Love the people who say "I'd keep it, tbh". Fine job on the irony, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Greyfox

It amazes me that so many people are saying they'd give it back, It's been ages since I had 2K to my name and you can bet your life that I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought while spending it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I'd get my highlights re-done cuz it's been ages and my roots look desperate, then I'd get the 12 week blow dry and then I'd hand back the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

consultech wrote: »
    The morality in here is hilarious. I'd like to hear from the same people once they're holding those big 40 crispy orange ones.

You might think so, but I've experienced this situation, and I did hand the money in. I admit there was a split second 'Oh my God, I've found my holiday money!' but it was just that. Never regretted it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Find the owner , hand it back.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Y'all are restoring my faith in humanity.

*Hugs AH*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone able to find a thread where someone moved into an apartment and found a load of money hidden in it from a few years back? Was a true classic, did a search and no luck though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Tempting, but i'd carry the guilt long after the cash was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd hand it in. 2K is too much money to hold on to and it would weigh on my mind for the rest of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It doesnt matter if there was two euro or two grand in it, I'd still give it back. It would undoubtedly be a terrible worry for it's owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I'd use it to get the flip out of this country on the next available flight, grab what I needed, burn the rest and never look back to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'd like to think that I'd hand it in. Not so sure I would when it was laid out there in front of me though!

I know; I'm a bad man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Im eating a whole bag of jelly snakes. awesome

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What if the id showed that it was the wallet of a notorious drug dealer. Or at least someone you suspected was?

Advertisement