Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your first mobile?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Mine was a mitsubishi

trium aria, weight was 90grams, still have it, still works

http://www.gsmarena.com/mitsubishi_trium_aria-60.php

What a fúcking phone! Bought mine in Atlantic Homecare in Northside :o
    Had an epic penguin game where you pushed blocks around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Philips Savvy. Still have it somewhere too actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

nokia 3210 . . .what a brick \!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This Phillips Diga: http://www.richardsradios.co.uk/phildiga.html

It was some piece of shít, couldnt even txt off it, when the nokia 3210 came out and it had txting capability and "snake" built in I felt like I was given something NASA designed compared to the Phillips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

lol jesus yeah i had a motorola monster . extendable aerial ! 4...no wait....5 ringtones ! 4 aa batteries ! and you couldn't make or receive a call if it was charging ! and as for text......what the fup was that ???? science fiction at that stage ! my friend used to refer to it as my 'portable', it was that big, even for then ! still it was better than having to go buy those collectable phonecards and walk to the phonebox !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

An Eircell Ready to Go Nokia 5110 - bought it in the summer of 1999 during college work experience. Most of my mates would have been buying the first mobiles around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Siemens of some sort with a green screen. The most annoying ring tones known to man and it had an extendable aerial. Got it in 97/98

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

NOKIA 3210

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

It was a Sony CMD-J6. I loved that phone, it had the newest fad of the time, WAP :D . It lasted me for between 6-7 years. I only replaced it as the battery got to the point of lasting half a day. The side scroller made it just like using an intellipoint mouse, so writing texts/scrolling was awesomely quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Ericsson GA 628

11 characters max on screen IIRC. Took about 5mins to read a text. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My one and only ever phone I ahve had for 8 years, nokia 3510i

for real?

Thats well beyond the lifespan of the battery and handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i could ring jesus on it....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

for real?

Thats well beyond the lifespan of the battery and handset.
    Its true...I've seen and held that phone...and seen it fall many times, indestructible :)

Oh and it has a smiley face on the back :D

My own first one was the Motorola that resembled a housebrick with a pull up aerial, had an 088 number I think it was around 1997-98:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

me too! though i thought it had been called the gd450 or something, but that looks like it!
    or like this.
    http://www.gigatel.hu/phones/0090.jpg
    something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nokia 5110

Back in 1999. Believe it or not I'm still using the same sim card. The old ready to go. Classic.

I remember discovering the text message feature on my phone before it became a big thing. My cousins phone didn't even have the feature.

Best of all it appeared to be free, was sending messages all week to people , even people in the same house (playing with a new toy basically) I presume just like everyone else my age who had just gotten a phone and discovered the feature. Eircell copped on and all of a sudden a massive chunk of my credit vanished in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

A Sagem something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

First phone was the hideous Ericsson GA628... I had it for a year before I discovered 'sms'! :D

I was delighted to get rid of it and get one of the 'trendy' Trium flip phones. Loved that phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Motorola, man I kicked myself for not getting a 3210 like all the cool kids had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

3210!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

motorola star tac on an 088 number it was likesomething from star trek i loved the phone even thou i spent more time saying you are breaking up than actually having a conversation with someone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Nokia 3330 pretty much the 3310 only white and with a pinball game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Remember when SMS was just taking off, It was around 1997/8ish and I was in Transition Year, you could get special "centre numbers" where you would never be charged for texts EVAR! Lasted about a year or two before all these centre numbers were shut down. Twas great :) I had something stupid like 50,000 sent messages from my 3210 when it fell into that pint on that fateful day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

A Siemens C25 in 1999 when I was 16. It was a nice enough phone. Kept it til 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

First phone I had was a Mitsubishi Trium Geo that I got free as a bright eyed fresher way back in 2000. Opened up a student account with AIB and you got the phone, its awesome sexiness was only dulled by the fact everyone else seemed to had one.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMOPCfMw9tcrMm7DFACepOh-W7HRz5hk7NhqYFexF_X_B6GYw&t=1&usg=__Him2XRIRu9202cW2U1ROmWXNvPg=

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

siemens C35. Nice phone at the time. That was back in 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Motorola StarTac that I bought out of my confirmation money. Only one of my friends had a phone too and we spent our days texting each other on it... I've went through a lot of phones since then... love my newest <3

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Nokia 3510i.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

one of these, almost 11 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I had a starTAC.. they were made in Soviet Moscow iirc.. it got crushed at Creamfields by a chick with furry boots

Advertisement