Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurgan Bomb

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Thats a ridiculous view, alot of people within northern Ireland claim to be irish and i am more than happy to have them as i see them as irish too.

It doesn't matter what you or they claim. They are British citizens. Ruled by the Queen. The whole nine yards.

Your view is like a white guy saying he's black and all his friends agreeing with him. It's not correct just because you want it to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It doesn't matter what you or they claim. They are British citizens. Ruled by the Queen. The whole nine yards.

Your view is like a white guy saying he's black and all his friends agreeing with him. It's not correct just because you want it to be.
    Of course it does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Go down the Falls Rd and tell them that....

http://www.kumah.org/uploaded_images/KeyboardWarrior-758092.jpg

darkman2 wrote: »

http://www.kumah.org/uploaded_images/KeyboardWarrior-758092.jpg
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Don’t be so ignorant with your views, people who claim to be irish are irish. Jesus Christ i give up

Id understand if i was saying all northern people are irish and ignoring the fact alot of them consider themselves british, then i would be you with an ignorant view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

darkman2 wrote: »

One would expect most, if not all Falls Road residents to be 100% Irish Nationalist.

Don’t be so ignorant with your views, people who claim to be irish are irish.

Right so.

I'm a helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

A lot of ignorant ill informed opinion on this thread. if someone is born on the island of ireland they are entitled to consider themselves Irish and to hold an Irish passport. What is so difficult to understand about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

To answer your questions Fred,

Due to actions of the provisional’s – before the troubles kicked off to the level it did, Catholics and Irish people in the 6 counties were treated like 2nd class citizens, poor housing conditions, poor job prospects, basically a poor quality of life which im sure you are aware of, London and indeed the powers the be within the protestant statelet were more than happy to let this continue and ignore their demands to be treated as equals within their own country. Bloody Sunday i think confirmed for everybody that they would not get civil rights without somebody taking a stand and fighting them, which the provisionals did throughout the troubles. I know i will get sucked back into do you condone bombings now but no i don’t, what i do think is that the present day peace and progress up north would not have been achieved by talking and asking for civil rights. I read a book by a former SAS guy name escapes me right now, but he said that the provos campaign was to simply shoot and bomb their way to the negotiating table which is what happened, and as a result of that war London sat up and listened to irish voices in NI finally.

Armed struggle at this time – We all know the armed struggle is over, the PIRA have themselves said this. Nobody wants a return to the violence of the past, im sure the poster wasn’t claiming people are gearing up for round two, even though the splinter groups would probably have us back in those days if they could. If people can see they are gaining from political structures and that there is progress being made, nobody should ever feel the need to use violence to achieve their aims again.

Not sure if thats a good enough answer for you though, but for the record yes i can think for myself

did the IRA bomb their way to the negotiating table, or did they delay things? from what I can gather, the people who brought the British Government (It is the government the IRA wanted at the table, not the Brits. Why is it that Republicans refer to "The Brits" all the time, using that logic, we should be efering to all Nationalists/Republicans as "The Irish") and stopped the killing were the decent people of Northern Ireland who had had enough.

I know someone who left Belfast (A natinalist growing up in East Belfast) when the two soldiers were dragged form their car and beaten to death, She calls it a wake up call for a lot of people. It gave the people of Northern Ireland a chance to look at themselves and see what they had become. At that point, the anti war people started really finding their voice.

You also need to look at the situation from a British perspective. All the time the IRA were killing Shopkeeprs in London, or Children in Warrington it would have been political suicide for any British Government to talk to the Nationalists and, tragically, most Catholics/Nationalists/Republicans go lumped into the same category as people who thought bombing Argos helped their cause.

I know the majority of people involved don't want a return to the bad old days, i just find it somewhat distaseful when people try and excuse the continued use of violence, or, as the poster in in question appeared to do, keep it in the background in a "They haven't gone away you know" manner.

Good post though, I appreciate your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Right so.

I'm a helicopter.

That would explain the annoying racket....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The Status quo is fine, most people want to just get on with their lives.

I don't care that northern Ireland is run by England, I don't want to see it merged with the Republic, it has a large minority of bigotted lunatics we are well off without. The majority of its citizens don't care for a change either, they are the silent moderates shouted over by the ignorant neanderthals calling for irish/brittish rule as though it matters to someones quality of life more than peace does.

Southern Ireland doesn't want northern Ireland, England doesn't want northern Ireland, and neither will until these morons die out and stop preaching their hatred.

Whoever put a bomb in a bin should be put in jail for the rest of their life, they have no cause or justification. Fuck them and their stupid identities based on superstitions and idiotic misplaced patriotism.

did the IRA bomb their way to the negotiating table,

Yes, I believe so.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Yes, I believe so.

So are the RIRA trying to do the same?

Or are they trying to bomb their way away from it? What is the point of their actions other than their existence as humans not meaning anything more than 'BRITS OUT'?

So are the RIRA trying to do the same?

Or are they trying to bomb their way away from it? What is the point of their actions other than their existence as humans not meaning anything more than 'BRITS OUT'?
    What I have heard is that they want "to smash the myth of normalization". Take from that what you will....

Everyone knows that they wont bomb the Brits out, especially with the current campaign.

What I have heard is that they want "to smash the myth of normalization". Take from that what you will....

Everyone knows that they wont bomb the Brits out, especially with the current campaign.

So it is basically 'we don't fit into the plan for the new self governed Northern Ireland because we're useless hate-filled relics of a past best forgotten so we've convinced ourselves that the future is a myth'.

/throws toys out of pram
    /blows up bin

So pretty much childishness and still 'BRITS OUT'.

So it is basically 'we don't fit into the plan for the new self governed Northern Ireland because we're useless hate-filled relics of a past best forgotten so we've convinced ourselves that the future is a myth'.

/throws toys out of pram
    /blows up bin

So pretty much childishness and still 'BRITS OUT'.
    Eh, not really no.

Yes, I believe so.

Oh yes, i know you do:rolleyes:

Oh yes, i know you do:rolleyes:
    Congratulations, you comprehended the meaning of the word "yes".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What does "Enough progress is being made politically to negate the need for armed actions at this time" or "Due to the actions of the Provisionals, the brits and unionist can no longer ignore the Nationalist people of this island."mean then?

I know you are their leader, but can these guys not think for themselves?

I saw a post where a user clearly demonstrated that they were happy with the political progress. I guess you missed this line.
    The days of armed resistance thankfully ended when the Provisionals stood down.

It was quite clear that they did not wish for armed struggle to be the forefront of northern politics. I saw it. Everyone else saw it, except you.

You then attempted to take his post out of context, because that is all you ever do.

If someone says they condemn an attack - You accuse them of excusing it.

If someone says they are happy that we now have political progress and that they were happy that the war has ended, you accuse them of wanting to kill innocent people if it ever failed.

You see what you want to see from people's posts, and spin them into anything but what the poster was trying to say. That's why it's sensationalist bollocks. And FTR: I'm not anyone's leader. Everyone here is an individual. It doesn't mean that I can't interject, when someone goes off on a tirade taking every second post out of context like you do.

I love how the Nationalists keep patting each other on the back by giving each thanks on every post and dogpiling on everyone who even slightly disagrees with them.

Also the arguing over the slightest semantic in other people posts and condensending tone of their own posts is hilarious. Not to mention they have their own private little subforum that you have to contact the Queen bee to get into. It must just be a wall to wall circle jerk in there because it's been bad enough already in this thread.

• Advertisement

I love how the keep patting each other on the back by giving each thanks on every post and dogpiling on everyone who even slightly disagrees with them.

Also the arguing over the slightest semantic in other people posts and condensending tone of their own posts is hilarious. Not to mention they have their own private little subforum that you have to contact the Queen bee to get into. It must just be a wall to wall circle jerk in there because it's been bad enough already in this thread.
    Strange, I could have sworn that people thank other posts that they agree with. So thats only bad if it is nationalists?

Could have sworn someone labeled him our glorious leader :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I love how the Nationalists keep patting each other on the back by giving each thanks on every post and dogpiling on everyone who even slightly disagrees with them.

I think somebody is a bit jealous of our sub forum haha, the reason we have that (not that we need to justify it to you) is so we can discuss things we are interested in and get different views on it without the abuse republicans / nationalists typically get in AH and other forums on boards to be honest.

As Mussolini said (added thanks by the way) people thank others that they agree with, if somebody puts forward a post i agree with, i thank them, if not i dont, simple as that really.

Also i always read posts and respect posts from unionists or even people with no interest in either side once they make sense. I dont 'dogpile' on others as you mentioned because they have a different view. What i dont appreciate is the usuall sinn fein / IRA abuse when we post 'oh you support sinn fein do you, shouldnt you be out planting bombs' etc doesnt get anywhere to deal with narrowminded folk

I think somebody is a bit jealous of our sub forum haha, the reason we have that (not that we need to justify it to you) is so we can discuss things we are interested in and get different views on it without the abuse republicans / nationalists typically get in AH and other forums on boards to be honest.

As Mussolini said (added thanks by the way) people thank others that they agree with, if somebody puts forward a post i agree with, i thank them, if not i dont, simple as that really.

Also i always read posts and respect posts from unionists or even people with no interest in either side once they make sense. I dont 'dogpile' on others as you mentioned because they have a different view. What i dont appreciate is the usuall sinn fein / IRA abuse when we post 'oh you support sinn fein do you, shouldnt you be out planting bombs' etc doesnt get anywhere to deal with narrowminded folk

Thankswhore;)

What an intelligent and constructive addition to the thread.

You wouldn't be engaging in an argumentum ad hominem, now would you? The fact that we have a private forum is of none of your concern, nor is it relevant to the current discussion. The fact that people thank other posts that they agree with, is hardly pertinent to the discussion either.

Fact of the matter is, one poster seems to be consistently engaging in straw man arguments, twisting and perverting posts until it suits his viewpoint. When we call the said poster on it, all you can do is engage in ad hominem rhetoric, because you know that you've fuck all else to add.

Congratulations. You've won the most predictable poster award.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Can someone tell me what "nil gael iad...
    daoine uafasach, graineach"
    From the first page of this post means?
    Google translate says it means "gael there are ...
    people Joehegarty graineach"
    Joehegarty? That can't be right!
    (I've never studied Irish)

revz wrote: »

Joehegarty lol - The power of google translate.

It means "They are not gaels, they are awful people.." I've no idea what it actually is trying to convey however or who it's in reference to.

Thankswhore;)

Just incase you were feeling left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

revz wrote: »
    well it's wrong as it is, so he made himself look like a spa straight away without reading his ****e. what that scumbag was trying to say is "they aren't Irish, horrible, (not sure of the meaning of graineach, possibly annoying or tiresome or something?) people"

Graineach means "grainy" if my memory serves me correctly. i've never heard of people being referred to as "grainy" though. Unless it's one of those fíor-gaelach words that old dlofnep hasn't heard - like "teach an asal"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

You can call the provos murderers, i will call the SAS
    The SAS is a counter terrorist regiment. Not murderers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement