Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork -5 at Evens and both Cork and Tip ht/ft at 3/1 for interest today.

Edit, awful from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,303 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Same As wrote: »
    +2 for Mulvihill today

Current P/L for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #9406)

Jennings: +16.63
    Mulvihill: -17.62

Jennings 16/6/2019 Selections

Roscommon (Galway vs Roscommon)
    2pts 5-2 general

Roscommon to win by four, five or six points (Galway vs Roscommon)
    1pt 10-1 general

Roscommon over 13.5 points (Galway vs Roscommon)
    2pts 4-5 Ladbrokes

Mulvihill 16/6/2019 Selections

Under 51.5 points (Tipperary vs Limerick)
    3pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power

Cork -5 (Clare vs Cork)
    2pts 6-5 Betway

No Clare goal (Clare vs Cork)
    1pt 12-5 Betfair, Paddy Power

Some tipping on the Roscommon game

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Some tipping on the Roscommon game

That’s unreal tipping —-mighty stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

+2 for Mulvihill today

Current P/L for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #9406)

Jennings: +16.63
    Mulvihill: -17.62

2pts 5-2 general

1pt 10-1 general

2pts 4-5 Ladbrokes

3pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power

Cork -5 (Clare vs Cork)
    2pts 6-5 Betway

1pt 12-5 Betfair, Paddy Power

Mulvill is to be avoided by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

2pts 5-2 general +5

1pt 10-1 general +10

2pts 4-5 Ladbrokes +1.6

3pts 5-6 Betfair, Paddy Power +2.5

Cork -5 (Clare vs Cork)
    2pts 6-5 Betway -2

1pt 12-5 Betfair, Paddy Power -1

Mulvihill -0.5 and Jennings +16.6 yesterday. Fine tipping from Jennings yesterday to be fair to the man and he now is in healthy profit.

Jennings: +33.23
    Mulvihill: -18.12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Hats off to Mr Jennings with his tipping of Roscommon.

Any early fancies for this weekend? I think Clare should take easy care of Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I do like cork getting 7 off kerry. Think this side have eventually got their sh1t together and could be a super 8 contender

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I do like cork getting 7 off kerry. Think this side have eventually got their sh1t together and could be a super 8 contender

I'm of the opposite opinion - I think the handicap is a gift for Kerry. Cork were relegated from Division 2 this year, Kerry were in the Division 1 final. Cork beat Limerick the last day who finished 2nd bottom in Division 4. Kerry played a dogged Clare on a wet evening in Ennis and down to 14 men just done what they needed to do. In a Munster final they'll want to put on a show and can seem them winning by 10+ easily (remember last years massacre)?

Considering Cork were relegated this year and beat a poor Limerick side the last day, how have you come to the conclusion they're getting their sh1t together (genuine question)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I'm of the opposite opinion - I think the handicap is a gift for Kerry. Cork were relegated from Division 2 this year, Kerry were in the Division 1 final. Cork beat Limerick the last day who finished 2nd bottom in Division 4. Kerry played a dogged Clare on a wet evening in Ennis and down to 14 men just done what they needed to do. In a Munster final they'll want to put on a show and can seem them winning by 10+ easily (remember last years massacre)?

Considering Cork were relegated this year and beat a poor Limerick side the last day, how have you come to the conclusion they're getting their sh1t together (genuine question)?

They scored 3-18 .. plenty of signs of getting it together when you score 3-18

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Just a caveat on backing Kerry. Since the Dublin game in the League, Kerry have performed progressively worse. Important injuries to big players. Discipline in the tackle hasn't been fixed even with Donie Buckley's return. The second half performance to Clare was behind abysmal. They couldn't get it beyond the Midfield for the last 20 minutes.

There was a massive gulf between Kerry and Cork last year. It will certainly be tighter on Saturday. Not sure by how much though. 7 points seems generous to Kerry IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Mulvihill -0.5 and Jennings +16.6 yesterday. Fine tipping from Jennings yesterday to be fair to the man and he now is in healthy profit.

Jennings: +33.23
    Mulvihill: -18.12

With Jennings it's full duck or no dinner.

His weekly bets are all hedged on a result or a couple of results going his way. When it goes well, it goes very well. When it goes badly, it's disastrous.

He does not spread the risk of his bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

They scored 3-18 .. plenty of signs of getting it together when you score 3-18

They have supposedly beaten Dublin and Galway in challenge games recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    They have supposedly beaten Dublin and Galway in challenge games recently.

Cork were relegated because of their very poor first half of the league. Their second half saw them play some very good football.
    Since then they have certainly got it together in their style of play. I've heard about the above games and others recently, they are playing well.
    I'm expecting a better game from them certainly, but -7 is still the bet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CorkeryABU

+33 does look impressive even when he’s probably staked 500.
    Think he’s on Meath w/o dublin and Donegal for ulster so more to add
    Frozen Veg wrote: »
    With Jennings it's full duck or no dinner.

His weekly bets are all hedged on a result or a couple of results going his way. When it goes well, it goes very well. When it goes badly, it's disastrous.

He does not spread the risk of his bets.

Think Derry will beat Laois well. 2 handicap looks good
    CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Hats off to Mr Jennings with his tipping of Roscommon.

Any early fancies for this weekend? I think Clare should take easy care of Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

CorkeryABU wrote: »
    Think Derry will beat Laois well. 2 handicap looks good

I've Derry and Monaghan backed

Treble of Derry and Monaghan straight win and Kerry -6 at just under 4/1, (just over 4/1 with Boyles)

50 on the single on Kerry -6 Evens with pp they should cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Out of interest, why the positivity about a pretty short priced Derry?

Yes they got promoted from Division 4, comfortably. Decent performance against Tyrone and whacked an awful Wexford team. Does that render them as 8/15 favourites against a team who got promoted to Division 2, who reversed the Division 3 league final result vs Westmeath but were downed by Meath? Personally not so sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Treble of Derry and Monaghan straight win and Kerry -6 at just under 4/1, (just over 4/1 with Boyles)

50 on the single on Kerry -6 Evens with pp they should cover it.

Nice bet on Kerry -6 at evens - its -7 at 1.9 on Bet365. Good Luck following you on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Out of interest, why the positivity about a pretty short priced Derry?

Yes they got promoted from Division 4, comfortably. Decent performance against Tyrone and whacked an awful Wexford team. Does that render them as 8/15 favourites against a team who got promoted to Division 2, who reversed the Division 3 league final result vs Westmeath but were downed by Meath? Personally not so sure about that.

From reports of the Meath Laois game as well it sounded like Laois had a real off day in terms of thier shooting and the 11 point winning margin was flattering to Meath.

When you look at how the other Division 4 sides have done in the championship this year, you really have to say that getting promoted from Division 4 really can't count for a lot. The loss to Tyrone also looks less that bit less impressive given Tyrone's performances against Antrim and Donegal.

I think the value here is Laois at 15/8 or for those who are more conservative Laois +2 at 10/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Kerry played a dogged Clare on a wet evening in Ennis and down to 14 men just done what they needed to do. In a Munster final they'll want to put on a show and can seem them winning by 10+ easily (remember last years massacre)?

I think the last thing Kerry will want to do put on a show against Cork, or anyone else for that matter - until they meet the Dubs.
    Stumble along I reckon is their ideal plan and keep the big show under the sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Gone for clare - 2, mayo ht/ft and dubs - 5 @2.6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

franglan wrote: »
    Gone for clare - 2, mayo ht/ft and dubs - 5 @2.6/1

Decent bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Anyone fancy Cavan @3/1

Not at all.
    Anyone fancy Cavan @3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

jennings selections for today.

Kerry -6
    3pts Evs general

Armagh
    3pts 2-1 Betway

Antrim +7
    4pts 10-11 general

Laois
    2pts 15-8 BoyleSports

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bjwport

I’m biased here lads but I don’t think that’s Derry should be as short as they are. What have they done to warrant heavy favouritism? 50/50 game. Laois ht/ft 4/1 might be worth a small play at the odds IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

As a Mayoman I reckon it's all or nothing for my boys this year, so I've backed at roughly similar odds to lose this evening and to reach the AIF.:p

Also on a weekend acca of handicap wins for Kerry, Derry, Offaly and Clare

Jennings tips Derry in his Boyle’s column then 😂😂
    bookman2 wrote: »
    jennings selections for today.

Kerry -6
    3pts Evs general

Armagh
    3pts 2-1 Betway

Antrim +7
    4pts 10-11 general

Laois
    2pts 15-8 BoyleSports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Cork meant to be missing their centre back and 2 wing forwards due to injury from the line-up given the last day (maybe this is old news here. Maybe it's not even true, just passing it on!)
    Backed Kerry-6 myself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement