Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,175 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Small bets on lee keegan lgs and Kerry goal first scoring play.

Argh should have done both teams, and mayo were 20/1 Iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Sorry - what does lirc stand for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,628 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Danick wrote: »

If I remember correctly

Sorry should be IIRC - if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

Anyone know who got sky sports man of match today out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭spurshero

Can somebody post who gets man of match and the 3 nominations. Thanks

spurshero wrote: »
    Can somebody post who gets man of match and the 3 nominations. Thanks
    Andy Moran. Other 2 were donaghy and Higgins

Put a bit on Aidan O'Shea for POTY @ 12/1 yesterday. Figure he's a lock if Mayo win the final (which is 13/2) and has a decent shout if they only get there. Only thing with that is, would they give it players from a second-place Mayo team two years in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Put a bit on Aidan O'Shea for POTY @ 12/1 yesterday. Figure he's a lock if Mayo win the final (which is 13/2) and has a decent shout if they only get there. Only thing with that is, would they give it players from a second-place Mayo team two years in a row?

After Sundays performance he shouldnt be anywhere near it imo

akelly02 wrote: »

I think the commentators mentioned that at the start of the game on Sunday when they saw where he was positioned - he got some plaudits afterwards for stopping aerial attacks but he was highlighted a few times for poor positioning as a full back - understandable as he is a fantastic player but not accustomed to full back position - I wouldn't write him off but I'd be weary..

• Advertisement

I think the commentators mentioned that at the start of the game on Sunday when they saw where he was positioned - he got some plaudits afterwards for stopping aerial attacks but he was highlighted a few times for poor positioning as a full back - understandable as he is a fantastic player but not accustomed to full back position - I wouldn't write him off but I'd be weary..

Donaghy really gave him the runaround, absolute madness by mayo putting your most influential player back there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Donaghy really gave him the runaround, absolute madness by mayo putting your most influential player back there

Bit of a stretch in my opinion. I'd have at least 5 other players ahead of him in that regard if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Anyone any fancies in the hurling and football All-Stars?
    I thought at 3/1 the Brick was good value.
    Also Jamie Barron 3/1 for Hurler of the year. Up against Canning in the final and its probably between the 2 of them now.....

maximo31 wrote: »
    Anyone any fancies in the hurling and football All-Stars?
    I thought at 3/1 the Brick was good value.
    Also Jamie Barron 3/1 for Hurler of the year. Up against Canning in the final and its probably between the 2 of them now.....

That looks value alright. A good final should see him home.
    At the moment my view on the hurling forwards is as follows:
    Nailed On
    Canning, Horgan and Conor Whelan.

Good display in Final
    The Cooneys, Austin Gleeson, Moran, Brick

Possibles
    TJ Reid, Lehane, John McGrath, Lee Chin, Cadogan

robbiezero wrote: »
    Bit of a stretch in my opinion. I'd have at least 5 other players ahead of him in that regard if not more.

true. He is still worth more to the team further forward all the same

Some of the selection panel might say he made the best fist he could of a job he was totally unsuited to...In the narrowest sense moving him to FB achieved its objective, i.e., cutting out high balls coming in to Donaghy...

Anyway if he has a stormer at CF or wherever in the replay I doubt it'll have much impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

If we take the premise that Mayo need to win the AI for him to get POTY, you are essientially getting 4/6 on it being AOS, that's shocking value in a team containing Keegan, Moran, O'Connor etc.

Even if you take the view that they don't neccisarily have to win the AI you are still getting evs at the most on him being decreed as Mayo's POTY.

danganabu wrote: »
    If we take the premise that Mayo need to win the AI for him to get POTY, you are essientially getting 4/6 on it being AOS, that's shocking value in a team containing Keegan, Moran, O'Connor etc.

Even if you take the view that they don't neccisarily have to win the AI you are still getting evs at the most on him being decreed as Mayo's POTY.

O'Shea has been the outstanding Mayo player this summer, has won (I think) 3 MOTMs. For any other Mayo player to win POTY they would have to have a barnstorming semi replay and final.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

A terrible bet , it is as stated an eve money shot , there are better ones out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭spurshero

Think caherlistraine are definetley too big at 9 to 4 to beat tuam on Saturday who are missing Gary o Donnell . Not saying they will win but 9 to 4 is too big . I would make them more a 5 to 4 shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Nice 2/1 double for me...
    Dublin -2 .... don't think Tyrone have bridged the gap yet, haven't came up against a team like Dublin in a few years
    Mayo <18.5 points... not ruling out a Mayo victory but can see a much tighter game tomorrow, 18.5 points could easily win the gane
    4/5 & 4/6 respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jennings a back from his holidays..

Recommendations
    Kerry/Mayo double result
    1pt 13-2 BoyleSports

Under 39.5 points
    4pts 4-6 BoyleSports

Under 1.5 goals
    2pts 12-5 general

No goals
    1pt 10-1 BoyleSports

Paul Murphy to score under 0.5 points
    2pts 5-4 Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do people still really follow that Jennings chap?? You'd have to remortgage your house if you kept following him judging by his form since the start of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Under 38.5 points today. 5/6 on PP. I think the teams will have learned from last week and can't see it being so open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Jennings a back from his holidays..

Recommendations
    Kerry/Mayo double result
    1pt 13-2 BoyleSports

Under 39.5 points
    4pts 4-6 BoyleSports

Under 1.5 goals
    2pts 12-5 general

No goals
    1pt 10-1 BoyleSports

Paul Murphy to score under 0.5 points
    2pts 5-4 Paddy Power

39.5 just got in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,628 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'll be taking this. He should be booked more often for his persistent fouling.

Edit 5 on him seeing red at 18/1

Did this for Donaghy the last day, forgot completely to get on him today:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Went looking for Geaney points totals when JoD wasn't starting but powers had pulled it. Anyone know if Boils kept the market open out if interest?

Went looking for the mayo first goal at 11/10 but it had been pulled as well. Frustrating.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Did this for Donaghy the last day, forgot completely to get on him today:mad:

Same as that - I think I completely forgot because he was as good as gold last week but it was business as usual today - wonder what the odds were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is the points mark for Dublin v Tyrone not very low? Decent weather promised.

Over 33.5 points is 5/6 with Boyles.

The average for the Kerry Mayo games was 39.5.

The Dublin Kildare Leinster final was 49.

The Ulster final Tyrone Down was 38.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Is the points mark for Dublin v Tyrone not very low? Decent weather promised.

Over 33.5 points is 5/6 with Boyles.

The average for the Kerry Mayo games was 39.5.

The Dublin Kildare Leinster final was 49.

The Ulster final Tyrone Down was 38.

Looking with interest myself at it. I don't think Tyrone will completely park the bus. But boyles are expecting a very defensive game anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement