Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

danganabu wrote: »
    djPSB wrote: »
    U21 hurling.

Is 6/1 not a ridiculous price for Galway to beat Limerick?

Handicap +6.

Does seem big alright and is probably based on the fact that Limerick beat them in the corresponding minor match by 15 pts - however Galway won the minor AI in 2015 and are obviously at U21 level an unknown quantity.
    Would be considered in Galway apart from Conor whelan to be a weak u 21 team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

spurshero wrote: »
    Would be considered in Galway apart from Conor whelan to be a weak u 21 team

Yeah Limerick are obviously the stronger team on paper.

6/1 just seems a bit too big though imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

djPSB wrote: »
    Yeah Limerick are obviously the stronger team on paper.

Hurling is played on grass lad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Anyone feel Kerry - 2 is good value?

Just feel Mayo will run out of steam and kerry should be good for a 4 or 5 point victory.

I think the same - great minds and fools seldom differing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Ulster teams have taken some awful trimmings in the U21 Hurling semis in the last 10 years, with the exception of Antrim beating Wexford a few years back before getting cleaned by Clare in the final.

The -18 on Kilkenny with Boyle is 2-3 points less than the HC offered by the alternatives. Gonna have a small poke there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭glanman

Castlehaven 6/4 versus Carbery division in Cork Senior Football. Castlehaven champs in last few years. both teams won their first round, Carbery needing a reply vs a poor Ilen Rovers side and Castlehaven overcoming CIT.

Divisions are notorious for their unpredictability in the early rounds and some of their players will probably have club games this weekend too meaning 2 games in 2 days. Castlehaven without main man brian hurley for the year.

Priced right or value in Castlehaven? Both teams remain in championship either way.

glanman wrote: »
    Castlehaven 6/4 versus Carbery division in Cork Senior Football. Castlehaven champs in last few years. both teams won their first round, Carbery needing a reply vs a poor Ilen Rovers side and Castlehaven overcoming CIT.

Divisions are notorious for their unpredictability in the early rounds and some of their players will probably have club games this weekend too meaning 2 games in 2 days. Castlehaven without main man brian hurley for the year.

Priced right or value in Castlehaven? Both teams remain in championship either way.

Carbery have been backed from 5/2 right down to 4/6. Make of that what you want.

Same As wrote: »
    Ulster teams have taken some awful trimmings in the U21 Hurling semis in the last 10 years, with the exception of Antrim beating Wexford a few years back before getting cleaned by Clare in the final.

The -18 on Kilkenny with Boyle is 2-3 points less than the HC offered by the alternatives. Gonna have a small poke there.

Good to see someone from this rag is reading the thread here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Newcastle are still 13/8 to beat St Kierans on Sunday evening

Theyre 1/2 in Boyles

https://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/newcastlewest-v-st-kierans/winner

mzZmA1Y.png

Email from bet365 saying bet was placed at incorrect odds and they'll be adjusting the price to 3/5.

They said I can cancel bet if I get in contact with em so I'll do that

• Advertisement

Email from bet365 saying bet was placed at incorrect odds and they'll be adjusting the price to 3/5.

They said I can cancel bet if I get in contact with em so I'll do that

The old 'palpable error' excuse from them I suppose.

The old 'palpable error' excuse from them I suppose.

Basically yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Sad to see and a disgrace that the GAA have not changed up this competition, but a good call from you, fair play.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Sad to see and a disgrace that the GAA have not changed up this competition, but a good call from you, fair play.

Hard to take any pride in that at all.

Think Galway will give Limerick a game in the 2nd match.

I backed galway @ 5/1 earlier and Galway +6 @ 21/20

Limerick scraped past a Cork team that were missing 2 of their best players in the Munster Final.

Would be suprised to see Galway win by 3 or 4

Think Galway will give Limerick a game in the 2nd match.

I backed galway @ 5/1 earlier and Galway +6 @ 21/20

Limerick scraped past a Cork team that were missing 2 of their best players in the Munster Final.

Would be suprised to see Galway win by 3 or 4

Limerick win by 4 points

2-23 to 2-19

Bet on Handicap is a winner.
    Galway to win a loser

Profit overall

Galway lads going down with cramp was never a good sign with 10 or 12 minutes to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    No luck with Whelan and Mannion, though the latter missed a great chance, Flynn did the business early on. Killeagh lost by 4 but were reduced to 14 in the first half which ruined their chances of an upset.

Killeagh with a huge upset over Douglas this evening, 10/1 and I hadn't a cent on.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Rasputin11 wrote:
    Killeagh with a huge upset over Douglas this evening, 10/1 and I hadn't a cent on.

Massive shock, Douglas were 1/25.
    They were my pick for the title after nabbing Cian Mc, but lost to the college and now killeagh

Michael Mulhivihill Of Racing Post

Recommendations
    Kerry -2
    3pts Evens Hills
    Over 2.5 goals
    2pts 6-5 Paddy Power
    Over 1.5 Kerry goals
    1pt 6-4 BoyleSports, Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭cute geoge

There seems to be heavy rain forecast for the match tomorrow http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/dublin
    This might effect the score ,would it also give the underdog a better chance on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Donaghy booking 5/2 PP usually interests me this bet when it comes to the business end of the champ he likes a bit of cynical play,conditions tomorrow will play a part I can see a lot of sloppy fouls from both and there's history here after 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Small bets on lee keegan lgs and Kerry goal first scoring play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Has jennings given up?

Guffy wrote: »
    Has jennings given up?

On holidays according to Racing Post podcast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

seanhynes wrote: »
    Donaghy booking 5/2 PP usually interests me this bet when it comes to the business end of the champ he likes a bit of cynical play,conditions tomorrow will play a part I can see a lot of sloppy fouls from both and there's history here after 2014

I'll be taking this. He should be booked more often for his persistent fouling.

Edit 5 on him seeing red at 18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Geaney and O'Donoghue both to score 3 or more from play at 9/4.

Kerry-2 1.5pts

James O Donoghue over 4.5 point @ evens 2pts (Paddy Power)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Kerry-2 1.5pts

James O Donoghue over 4.5 point @ evens 2pts (Paddy Power)

Is he not carrying an injury still? I don't think he even scored against Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

asked this in the wrong thread earlier....anybody know what kind of odds on Austin Gleeson being sent off in All Ireland final ?

• Advertisement

nlrkjos wrote: »
    asked this in the wrong thread earlier....anybody know what kind of odds on Austin Gleeson being sent off in All Ireland final ?

I'd say somewhere between 14 or 16/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement