Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Latest carlow 8 kilkenny 2.9

Brutal tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Brutal tip.

ease off there cowboy, a tip given in good faith with some reasoning

manafana wrote: »
    ease off there cowboy, a tip given in good faith with some reasoning

It was my tip!! I'll call it brutal if I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

I've gone with a handicap accum for this weekend.
    Louth -2 v Leitrim
    Meath -3 v Westmeath
    Dublin -12 v Kildare
    Donegal -5 v Derry
    Tyrone -10 v Limerick
    34/1 accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Louth look to be the bet of the weekend for me 4-7 or else - 2 @ evens

They have home advantage over Leitrim who have some players gone to America for the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Warper wrote: »

They have home advantage over Leitrim who have some players gone to America for the summer

Louth are missing a few as well that may not be in the public domain or so I'm told. Still would think 4/7 looks a really nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

I'm thinking an accum of:

Donegal -3 4/7
    Westmeath +4 8/11
    Wicklow +13 10/11
    Down HT/FT 8/11

Works out at 8/1. Donegal will find goals hard to come by against a stern Derry defence so I do not expect a repeat of what happened in the Athletic grounds. A wee nibble at no goalscorer could also be a call. There are also doubts about McBrearty for this game.

I can see Westmeath relishing a match up against their old rivals and are playing some great ball and if Meath give away as many frees as they did against Wicklow they could be sorely punished by Heslin.

Armagh were woeful against Donegal and their is very much a theory of shoot on sight with them. If they can contain Clarke i can see only 7-9 points in this by the finish.

Down should easily have the measure of Wexford if they can get any decent ball into their forwards. Wexford don't seem to be interested this year at all going by the league and the match against Westmeath.

Few nice price differences on the over 2.5 goals market between Boyle and PP this weekend. PP has 8/13 over 2.5 goals in the Armagh game compared to 11/10 with Boyles. PP has 4/6 for the same line in the Meath game against evens with Boyle. The double is 3.2/1 with Boyle and 1.71/1 with PP.

Wicklow over 0.5 goals at 6/4 worth a small bet with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I know Wicklow are fairly awful but +12 seems a bit high on the hcap does it not??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Boom :)

Few nice price differences on the over 2.5 goals market between Boyle and PP this weekend. PP has 8/13 over 2.5 goals in the Armagh game compared to 11/10 with Boyles. PP has 4/6 for the same line in the Meath game against evens with Boyle. The double is 3.2/1 with Boyle and 1.71/1 with PP.

Goals up in Armagh game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Donegal to win both halves enhanced to 1/1 on paddy power for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Bastards of sky have the match on grrrr

Under 28.5 in the Donegal game at 5/6 with 365...4/6 with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Under 28.5 in the Donegal game at 5/6 with 365...4/6 with PP.
    whats the weather like

wadacrack wrote: »
    whats the weather like

Doesn't look wet enough to really take the bet on but it's been a winner in last 3 meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Thanks for that, just got on it. Hopefully it comes in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

On under 27.5 in the Donegal game 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Disgusting stuff. Donegal are going nowhere in the Championship with this sort of play. Must've had around 10 wides in that half :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

FatRat wrote: »
    Disgusting stuff. Donegal are going nowhere in the Championship with this sort of play. Must've had around 10 wides in that half :mad:

Shocking

Doesn't look wet enough to really take the bet on but it's been a winner in last 3 meetings.

22 points total, horrendous game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    On under 27.5 in the Donegal game 2.2

Bang....to the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Warper wrote: »

Shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Any value in 4 teams to score s goal in croke park today . Works out at 5 to 2 in spoils . Seems a fair price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Darren McCurry anytime Goalscorer vs Limerick today.

Currently only 10/11 with BS, 5/6 with Lads but as big as 15/8 with PP and looks an interesting punt.

The minimally higher 19/10 on offer for him as anytime goalscorer & a Tyrone win is interesting also, only 5/6 on offer from Lads for this (no market from Boyles).

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

laoisman11 wrote: »
    Prediction model output for this weekend's games:
    • Armagh vs Wicklow: Armagh by 9.2 (PP has spread of 13)
    • Wexford vs Down: Down by 3.7 (PP has 3)
    • Louth vs Leitrim: Louth by 2.8 (PP has 2)
    • Tyrone vs Limerick: Tyrone by 8.4 (PP has 10)
    • Meath vs Westmeath: Meath by 4.8 (PP has 3)
    • Dublin vs Kildare: Dublin by 7.7 (PP has 11)
    • Donegal vs Derry: Donegal by 1.2 (PP has 4)

A few of the predictions are above the 3 point limit which I have initially set for myself before making a plunge.........So I'm going for Armagh, Dublin and Donegal NOT to cover the spread.

I am with you in a 100 euro treble so hopefully Dublin Kildare goes your way. If so I owe you a few pints and I live in Portlaoise:)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭laoisman11

mickey1979 wrote: »
    I am with you in a 100 euro treble so hopefully Dublin Kildare goes your way. If so I owe you a few pints and I live in Portlaoise:)

Don't be jinxing me now! :p

Both winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Same As wrote: »
    Darren McCurry anytime Goalscorer vs Limerick today.

Currently only 10/11 with BS, 5/6 with Lads but as big as 15/8 with PP and looks an interesting punt.

The minimally higher 19/10 on offer for him as anytime goalscorer & a Tyrone win is interesting also, only 5/6 on offer from Lads for this (no market from Boyles).

Just bear in mind with anytime goalscorers for the rest of the summer, that boyles are taking the absolute piss with their prices. They were 1/25 Joe Canning last weekend for example, and 2/7 Cathal Mannion. Ridiculous stuff. I rang up looking for a price on Canning not to score a goal since it was 1/25 he would. Got no offers naturally. But anyway, PP's prices, which are fair, can look massive in comparison when in reality theyre correct

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement