Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Tipp have named a v strong team. Clare far from a cert. 50:50

Tipp short Stapleton, Barry, Cahill, Shane McGrath, Gar Ryan, Bonner and Larry. That's nearly half the team that started or featured in the AI Finals. The Clare team is very close to the best they have, I think they should start slight favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I think Clare will beat Tipp today, they've a very strong team named against a Tipp team trying out a few new players. Clare available at 5/4.

Trouble in Clare camp, moral at a low.

3 lads walked away during the week and 1 lad lucky not to go also. Couldn't back them, Tipp -2 @ 9/5 for me.

shmeee wrote: »

3 lads walked away during the week and 1 lad lucky not to go also. Couldn't back them, Tipp -2 @ 9/5 for me.

Who walked?

Who walked?

Tot's and Nicky O'Connell. Davy O'Halloran.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

I think Clare are best avoided at present too , watch and enjoy , there will be better betting opps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got good word that If Clare lose today, Davy Fitz wont be around much longer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Taking Clare 5/4 and Kerry 10/11. 2 singles and a double.

Brendan Maher and Forde out for Tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tipp playing with strong enough breeze in first half.

Tipp -2 comes in. Drift before game made it a bit of value.

Clare in awful trouble !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Cork footballers cost a lot of people money today, can understand people betting against them. Their bench is very strong. Good shout for the league in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

keano25 wrote: »
    Cork footballers cost a lot of people money today, can understand people betting against them. Their bench is very strong. Good shout for the league in my opinion.

I bet against them as well, its not that I didn't see Cork performing well, I did not see that Kerry team being so poor. Hoof it up to Donaghy will only get you so far, I thought Kerry would win midfield and let the Kerry forwards do the damage - they didn't.
    As good as Cork were, Kerry were not at the races at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I'll be backing them for the league.. already have. But don't get me wrong won't touch them come championship.

The first goal in the Fitzgibbon Final tonight appears to be an own goal, would a first goal bet continue onto the second goal then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

The first goal in the Fitzgibbon Final tonight appears to be an own goal, would a first goal bet continue onto the second goal then?

If declared an own goal, yes it would.

If declared an own goal, yes it would.

This is the goal in question, clearly going wide but Quinn who hit the ball in is getting the credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W7zLTXeGlY&feature=youtu.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

This is the goal in question, clearly going wide but Quinn who hit the ball in is getting the credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W7zLTXeGlY&feature=youtu.be

How in gods name can they credit him with that? I think their is a belief their that there is no such think as an own goal in GAA :rolleyes:

Did you have the next goalscorer backed as first?

How in gods name can they credit him with that? I think their is a belief their that there is no such think as an own goal in GAA :rolleyes:

Did you have the next goalscorer backed as first?

No but a friend of mine has, Tommy Heffernan at 14s. I wouldn't be too hopeful of him getting paid out. It's ridiculous they won't pay out on the likes of that but will refund money on that Mullins quadruple on Tuesday when Annie Power fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Dublin 6/4 this weekend away to Clare. On current form I would have to back Dublin. Clare look clueless at the moment and I believe the players have had enough of Davy and don't buy into his system anymore.

glanman wrote: »
    Dublin 6/4 this weekend away to Clare. On current form I would have to back Dublin. Clare look clueless at the moment and I believe the players have had enough of Davy and don't buy into his system anymore.

Limerick -9 at 11/10 home to Offaly looks the bet of the weekend in my view. So far Offaly have conceded 0-23 to Laois who also missed 2 penalties. They conceded 2-15 to Wexford on a terrible day and Wexford hit 17 wides. Waterford scored 2-18 at the weekend and hit 22 wides. I was told by an Offaly man that keeper James Dempsey was their best player in both defeats.

Limerick scored 2-16 the first day out against Waterford, 23 points up in Antrim in poor conditions and 4-16 away to Wexford at the weekend. They need to run up a big score to improve their score difference. I feel Offaly will have an eye on their last fixture away to Antrim as a win there will keep them out of the relegation playoff.

**** -11 at 10/11 now with PP, -9 10/11 Boyle.

• Advertisement

glanman wrote: »

Davy O'Halloran speaking out about the joke it is.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/clare-hurler-humiliated-by-double-standard-treatment-1.2139431

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Limerick -9 at 11/10 home to Offaly looks the bet of the weekend in my view. So far Offaly have conceded 0-23 to Laois who also missed 2 penalties. They conceded 2-15 to Wexford on a terrible day and Wexford hit 17 wides. Waterford scored 2-18 at the weekend and hit 22 wides. I was told by an Offaly man that keeper James Dempsey was their best player in both defeats.

Limerick scored 2-16 the first day out against Waterford, 23 points up in Antrim in poor conditions and 4-16 away to Wexford at the weekend. They need to run up a big score to improve their score difference. I feel Offaly will have an eye on their last fixture away to Antrim as a win there will keep them out of the relegation playoff.

Nice write up. Line is -8 with Slybet if your able get anything on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Dublin are evens away to Mayo tonight, that's a great price surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭robbiezero

dulux99 wrote: »
    Dublin are evens away to Mayo tonight, that's a great price surely ?

Why do you think that? Seems a 50/50 game to me. There is 11/10 available in Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Dublin have been playing crap, I wouldn't fancy us tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

FT Offaly 1-21 Limerick 0-21. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Armagh at 8/15 to beat Clare with sky by far the bet of wkend

marno21 wrote: »
    FT Offaly 1-21 Limerick 0-21. Wow

Limerick were down to 14 men after one minute, changed the whole game, handicap line went to -3. Just back luck. Shane Dowling got a straight red.

Limerick were down to 14 men after one minute, changed the whole game, handicap line went to -3. Just back luck. Shane Dowling got a straight red.

Thought something like that must have happened.

Going with over 29.5 in Tyrone/Cork game 5/6 and under 44.5 in Galway cork game for interest today

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Thought something like that must have happened.

Going with over 29.5 in Tyrone/Cork game 5/6 and under 44.5 in Galway cork game for interest today

33 in the football and 43 in the hurling, 2 winners finally :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement