Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do ye really believe in these theories?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

alastair wrote: »

I also note that neither Alex Jones or David Icke feature in any sense in exposing those conspiracies that were actual, rather than imagined. Anyone got any evidence of either man actually exposing anything of proven value over their years of venting, or is hot air their sole stock in trade?

There are many. Here is one I like. I'll post more when I have more time..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Now I don't mean to troll or upset anybody. I am not a conspiracy theorist/believer.

I am genuienly interested: Do ye actually believe that Gates and Rockerfeller are trying to take over the world and wipe out hundreds of millions/billions? That giant lizard men are running the world? That there is a planet X in opposite orbit to ours and the government is hiding it for some reason? That the government is controlling us with mindwaves etc?

I don't mean to p*ss anyone off and am not trying to raise an argument. I don't want replies from non CT slagging them off. I'm not interested in being converted or anything, I'm just curious.

If the mods concider this a troll please delete it.

I posted something very similar a while ago. I find it a little strange, I mean take the freeman stuff for instance, a huge thread and an entire website dedicated to something with no basis in law, and not a single case number can be given where has been used as a successful defence.

Deep down I don't think children really believe in Santa, and if they sat down and thought about it rationally they certainly wouldn't. But believing in him does make life more interesting for them.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

What a complete waste of time this thread is.

So many people are so quick to judge but to me it just exposes their basic ignorance of history beyond leaving-cert textbooks and and a couple of Discovery channel programmes.

They haven't looked beyond the CT mainstream past (IMO the disinfo) of gatekeepers Jones and Icke. Job done. Crazy ramblings. Nothing of value here. Move back into the warmth of the consensus. No thinking required. I have my mainstream media to tell me what to think and my programming to make me think that they are my thoughts. Doublethink. All is well.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday drives and your barbecues while people are being slaughtered as we speak.

Deep down I don't think children really believe in Santa, and if they sat down and thought about it rationally they certainly wouldn't.

Possibly the most depressing post I have ever seen.

They haven't looked beyond the CT mainstream past (IMO the disinfo) of gatekeepers Jones and Icke. Job done. Crazy ramblings. Nothing of value here. Move back into the warmth of the consensus.

That reminds me actually, this video was posted in that freeman thread, and supposedly this guy is a prominent CT expert, yet (and you can easily check this out yourself) almost everything he says is a blatant lie. How does he maintain any credibility?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭joe12345

I posted something very similar a while ago. I find it a little strange, I mean take the freeman stuff for instance, a huge thread and an entire website dedicated to something with no basis in law, and not a single case number can be given where has been used as a successful defence.

Deep down I don't think children really believe in Santa, and if they sat down and thought about it rationally they certainly wouldn't. But believing in him does make life more interesting for them.

Its nothing got to do with Santa thats silly. :D

As has been said here already, the gist of it is that so many people
    are dissillusioned with the constant lies spewed from what is refered
    to as the 'main-stream-media' that they look elsewhere for information.
    You can't really blame them really if you look at the history of corrupt
    politicians in Ireland.

I'm not saying that their are stupid or way out conspiracy theorys, yes
    there are i don't doubt it. But if thats what people want to believe that
    whats the problem? After all there are how many billion people that
    believe in god, that man in the sky with a beard that there is no proof
    of. Yet I dont stand outsdie a church and mock and laugh at them for
    doing so. But its socially acceptable in a catholic country. However say
    you belive UFO/ET phenomenon is real (of which there is much more
    evidence) and you are consigned to the luni bin. Not fair really is it?

The history of politicans lieing and seeing war after was and all the
    propaganda that goes with it, i think people are right to question,
    research something and make up their own minds. Not just rabbit the
    offical version of everything that comes out of their tv sets?

Yes, its not easy filtering out all the bull**** on the internet. I agree
    that their is a lot of crap on it. However their is also some brilliant
    independant research to be found also, that is not filtered as is the
    case with most mainstream journalists. Of you course you can't
    generalise there are some good ones but few and far between in
    my opinion.

As for the freeman site i'm not a member. As far as i can tell its people
    who believe been born gives them the right to be free and not live
    under all these man made laws which makes up the system. If thats
    it I can see their point in fairness :D

Finally as said i hate the word 'conspiracy theory' anyway. I deal in facts
    and thats it. There is a lot of hard evidence to show all is not right in
    the world. A few months back for instance, people like Henry Kissinger
    and David Rockerfeller conversing with Irish taoiseach and irish president..
    men who are responsible for many many deaths. Chilean Coup d'etat of
    1973 for example with Kissinger as US secretary of state resulted in the
    deaths of many people. A little research will tell you this. Im not talking
    about any new world order or anything like that im just talking about
    history. But yet nothing in the media regarding the visit to Ireland of
    these murderers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

meglome wrote: »
    Again i didn't have a go at you whatsoever, although i hold up my hand on some potential back seat modding.

You seemed to feel hard done by when there had been repeated warnings not to do what you did. I simply pointed that out to you.

So are we now saying 'funny' words for CT'ers are acceptable in here too? Cause I don't seem to recall them being acceptable to CT'ers before.

I said you didn't have a go at me personally. Why did you quote me just to back up what I said? I was taking issue with way you were talking about the "other side".

I don't feel hard done by at all.
    I'm under no illusions that this is some sort of democratic environment where everyone is an equal, that clearly isn't the case, boards.ie is a private comapny and if they want to allow what goes on in this forum to continue then those who wish to discuss CT's will either have to adapt or just leave and find somewhere else to discuss these topics.

There was one warning issued not repeated warnings and as we already touched on with your back seat modding, it isn't your place to point it out to me.

Insults are not accpetable in any context. Be they used against a "CTer" or a sceptic.
    I don't know where you got the idea that I would defend the rights of one group and not the other. That's completely stupid and I feel that your thinking that about me is a huge insult but thats another issue altogether.

As I said before if you want to continue this discussion contact me by PM.
    If you continue to reply to me on the thread I'll keep relpying on the thread. As far as I'm concerned our argument has no place in the context of the thread, the onus is on you to start using PM's I feel as I have a right to reply to these inflamitory (but perfectly within the rules) posts you're making towards me. The ball's in your court.

Glazers Out!

Coming from a moderator that is the single worst post I've ever seen on boards.ie

You really should know better, you've just knowingly insulted a huge portion of this forum's user base, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Glazers Out!

joe12345 wrote: »
    Its nothing got to do with Santa thats silly. :D

As has been said here already, the gist of it is that so many people
    are dissillusioned with the constant lies spewed from what is refered
    to as the 'main-stream-media' that they look elsewhere for information.
    You can't really blame them really if you look at the history of corrupt
    politicians in Ireland.

I'm not saying that their are stupid or way out conspiracy theorys, yes
    there are i don't doubt it. But if thats what people want to believe that
    whats the problem? After all there are how many billion people that
    believe in god, that man in the sky with a beard that there is no proof
    of. Yet I dont stand outsdie a church and mock and laugh at them for
    doing so. But its socially acceptable in a catholic country. However say
    you belive UFO/ET phenomenon is real (of which there is much more
    evidence) and you are consigned to the luni bin. Not fair really is it?

The history of politicans lieing and seeing war after was and all the
    propaganda that goes with it, i think people are right to question,
    research something and make up their own minds. Not just rabbit the
    offical version of everything that comes out of their tv sets?

Yes, its not easy filtering out all the bull**** on the internet. I agree
    that their is a lot of crap on it. However their is also some brilliant
    independant research to be found also, that is not filtered as is the
    case with most mainstream journalists. Of you course you can't
    generalise there are some good ones but few and far between in
    my opinion.

As for the freeman site i'm not a member. As far as i can tell its people
    who believe been born gives them the right to be free and not live
    under all these man made laws which makes up the system. If thats
    it I can see their point in fairness :D

Finally as said i hate the word 'conspiracy theory' anyway. I deal in facts
    and thats it. There is a lot of hard evidence to show all is not right in
    the world. A few months back for instance, people like Henry Kissinger
    and David Rockerfeller conversing with Irish taoiseach and irish president..
    men who are responsible for many many deaths. Chilean Coup d'etat of
    1973 for example with Kissinger as US secretary of state resulted in the
    deaths of many people. A little research will tell you this. Im not talking
    about any new world order or anything like that im just talking about
    history. But yet nothing in the media regarding the visit to Ireland of
    these murderers.

By sceptic logic you're a lunatic for taking an interest in these things.

As you rightly pointed out, it is possible to be a rational person and take an interest in these topics.

Glazers Out!

That reminds me actually, this video was posted in that freeman thread, and supposedly this guy is a prominent CT expert

Actually, and with respect, if you knew what you were talking about you would realise that Jordan Maxwell (his pseudonym) is a shill who talks about underground alien bunkers and the like. Controlled opposition, who tries to lead the well intentioned but naive into occult worship in the same vein as Rosicrucian Michael Tsarion - their theosophist ideologies are no different than the secret societies they "expose".

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way but that is the crux of the issue here really. You and your ilk don't understand what it is you are rubbishing, it is all based on generalisations and assumptions and basing your views on "conspiracy theorists" on the media creation of a conspiracy theorist, likewise your instant dismissal of anything labelled a "conspiracy theory" is likewise (unconsciously) rubbished without any critical thinking - hence the sheeple label.

• Advertisement

Actually, and with respect, if you knew what you were talking about you would realise that Jordan Maxwell (his pseudonym) is a shill who talks about underground alien bunkers and the like. Controlled opposition, who tries to lead the well intentioned but naive into occult worship in the same vein as Rosicrucian Michael Tsarion - their theosophist ideologies are no different than the secret societies they "expose".

To be fair the "evidence" for Tsarion being a rosicrucian is about as reliable as that which calims David Icke is a freemason, youtube debunker style stuff.

Glazers Out!

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way but that is the crux of the issue here really. You and your ilk don't understand what it is you are rubbishing, it is all based on generalisations and assumptions and basing your views on "conspiracy theorists" on the media creation of a conspiracy theorist, likewise your instant dismissal of anything labelled a "conspiracy theory" is likewise (unconsciously) rubbished without any critical thinking - hence the sheeple label.

Well, you didn't highlight the word "supposedly" in my post, I was relying on what Mahatma Coat told me, I've no interest in who's prominent in CT circles, that single video was enough for me to know he's a nutcase.

Well, you didn't highlight the word "supposedly" in my post, I was relying on what Mahatma Coat told me, I've no interest in who's prominent in CT circles, that single video was enough for me to know he's a nutcase.

Thats the scientific method in action so.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

There are many. Here is one I like. I'll post more when I have more time..

I'd like to see Icke test his theory that our matrix and the atomic densitys within are only a product of our consciousness, and could be manipulated if we free ourselves from such limits. How would he feel about being rendered unconscious and dropped from a great height onto the 'hard and solid' mass that is the ground - should be no bother to a man unencumbered by the constraints of limited consciousness.

Oh, and Icke's merely wrapping a bit of topical (and published) scientific thinking up in the tinfoil of lunacy - no revelation there I'm afraid.

I'd like to see Icke test his theory that our matrix and the atomic densitys within are only a product of our consciousness, and could be manipulated if we free ourselves from such limits. How would he feel about being rendered unconscious and dropped from a great height onto the 'hard and solid' mass that is the ground - should be no bother to a man unencumbered by the constraints of limited consciousness.

Oh, and Icke's merely wrapping a bit of topical (and published) scientific thinking up in the tinfoil of lunacy - no revelation there I'm afraid.

I'd take Icke's theory more seriously than some individual on the interent who I can only assume is motivated by opinion rather than evidence or research into the topic at hand.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

nullzero wrote: »
    I'd take Icke's theory more seriously than some individual on the interent who I can only assume is motivated by opinion rather than evidence or research into the topic at hand.
    What about that mad lizard, shapeshifting s..t that I heard he has spoken about? Seems ludicrous to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

In theory its possible but its a skill that would need alot of practise. Its like asking Beckham to score 50 free kicks in a row. The chances of doing it are very slim but its not to say its impossible.

To be fair the "evidence" for Tsarion being a rosicrucian is about as reliable as that which calims David Icke is a freemason, youtube debunker style stuff.

This wasn't easy to find but this is from the biography section of his own site via the wayback machine.
    I also became involved with Rosicrucian and Sufi Orders...
    He has been affiliated with the Paul Solomon Foundation of Virginia, the Rosicrucian Order, the Naqsbaandi Sufi Order

http://web.archive.org/web/20060224053719/http://www.taroscopes.com/personalpages/whosismichael.html

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

LOL! Nah, wait, seriously - then why isn't the entire Religion Forum classed as CT?

Ok, how about:

'Now I don't mean to troll or upset anybody. I am not a conspiracy theorist/believer in God

I am genuinely interested: Do ye actually believe that Satan and His demons are trying to take over the world and steal hundreds of millions/billions of souls? That Jesus will return to run the world? That there is a parallel dimension called Hell in opposite orbit to ours and the Church will save us for some reason? That the Church is not controlling us with bronze age fairy tales of prophets parting oceans with supernatural powers etc?

I don't mean to p*ss anyone off and am not trying to raise an argument. I don't want replies from the non religious slagging them off. I'm not interested in being converted or anything, I'm just curious.

If the mods consider this a troll please delete it.

P.S Deep down I don't think children really believe in God, and if they sat down and thought about it rationally they certainly wouldn't. But believing in him does make life more interesting for them.'

Now, serious question, what kind of mod would let me start a thread like this in the Religion forum (or anywhere) and actually post and endorse it in the derogatory manner you do? Oh, yeah right, phantom-lord would!

Of course. Well then, seeing as it's perfectly ok by the mods, then that's exactly what I'm gonna do, and I invite anybody here who's interested to come along. Don't worry, you won't get infractions or banned, it's gonna be great fun.

(Wouldn't last five fecking minutes, would it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭joe12345

FREETV wrote: »
    What about that mad lizard, shapeshifting s..t that I heard he has spoken about? Seems ludicrous to me. :)

How deeply have you actually looked into the subject? Read any books on
    it or just dismissed it out of hand as impossible?

After all the research i've done I know that the ET/UFO phenomenon is
    REAL. So, i ask is it a stretch to consider some of those could be
    reptilian?

Secondly, there are numerous researchers that have the same conclusion
    as Icke . plus it's only one of the many things that he talks about. Even if
    the reptilian stuff is not for you it is only a fraction of the information he
    provides. Sure, he could be wrong about some things he is human. But
    he has done a massive amount of research and had faced a serious
    amount of ridicule to dare question the norms that we live in!

As far as the reptiles i'm undecided. But, to begin to comprehend it I
    would recommend to read the work of Zakaria Sitchin and understand
    who the 'annunaki' were. Then investigate how the blocks of stone at
    'puma punka' got made, the 'bolders of balbek' came to be and even the
    hundreds of fifty foot tall statues are 'Easter Island' came to be. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

joe12345 wrote: »
    How deeply have you actually looked into the subject? Read any books on
    it or just dismissed it out of hand as impossible?

After all the research i've done I know that the ET/UFO phenomenon is
    REAL. So, i ask is it a stretch to consider some of those could be
    reptilian?

Secondly, there are numerous researchers that have the same conclusion
    as Icke . plus it's only one of the many things that he talks about. Even if
    the reptilian stuff is not for you it is only a fraction of the information he
    provides. Sure, he could be wrong about some things he is human. But
    he has done a massive amount of research and had faced a serious
    amount of ridicule to dare question the norms that we live in!

As far as the reptiles i'm undecided. But, to begin to comprehend it I
    would recommend to read the work of Zakaria Sitchin and understand
    who the 'annunaki' were. Then investigate how the blocks of stone at
    'puma punka' got made, the 'bolders of balbek' came to be and even the
    hundreds of fifty foot tall statues are 'Easter Island' came to be. :D
    If he is supposedly being guided by so called spirit guides :rolleyes: then surely he cannot make mistakes and be wrong about things. :D

profitius wrote: »
    In theory its possible but its a skill that would need alot of practise. Its like asking Beckham to score 50 free kicks in a row. The chances of doing it are very slim but its not to say its impossible.

I'm prepared to let him practice as often and long as he likes.

So, Icke has evidence that his thesis (opinion) is proven? Nope.

Feel free to lap up his lunacy, but let's not pretend that his 'research' is anything more than self obsession.

i think it's interesting that you guys constantly feel the need to compare yourselves to people with religious beliefs.

So, Icke has evidence that his thesis (opinion) is proven? Nope.

Feel free to lap up his lunacy, but let's not pretend that his 'research' is anything more than self obsession.

Fact that Michio Kaku backs it up is pretty solid. But remember, even GRAVITY is still a theory. These type of theories are next to impossible to prove.

Especially when there are so many top class skeppies such as yourself hanging around. :rolleyes:

i think it's interesting that you guys constantly feel the need to compare yourselves to people with religious beliefs.

The guys asked me to tell you that they are happy that you are interested to know that they constantly compare themselves to people with religious beliefs.

Is that meant to be sarcasm? Are not all forums created equal?

Why then, why, oh why ... How long must we suffer the indignities of the fluoridated minions of the state?

Save us, oh mighty God! Send a redeemer Mod to the CT threads of boards.ie! Bring forth the One True Mod of fair and balanced character, with open mind, quick wit, and compassion for our genuine desire to gain knowledge in debate.

Let us pray: The right hand of boards.ie is exalted: the right hand of the One True Mod doeth valiantly! (:eek:) The thread shall not die, but live, and declare the works of all CT! :)

The Mod hath chastened me sore (:eek:): but he will not given my post over unto death. :)

Open to me the forums of righteousness! I will go into them,and I will praise this thread, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salivation post ... I mean salvation.

The post which the Boards refused is become the head forum of the corner. This is the Mods doing; itis marvellous in our eyes! This is the post which the One True Mod hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Save us now, I beseech thee, O Boards.ie: O boards.ie, I beseech thee, send now a true righteous Mod of Conspiracy!

Amen (Ra)

In all seriousness phantom-lord, there is far more evidence supporting the vast majority of CTs discussed here, than there is for the stuff the religion forums bang on about - and yet (presumably) you respect their threads. Why are you capable of trolling casting derogatory remarks here, and yet not there? Are not all forums created equal?

This wasn't easy to find but this is from the biography section of his own site via the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060224053719/http://www.taroscopes.com/personalpages/whosismichael.html

Well that's an 'impressive' CV! His background never really sunk in before, cheers.

I think it's interesting that you're allowed to flaunt your superiority complex here.
    The comment you made yesterday that I reported was totally disrespectful towards a huge amount of users of this forum. You're a mod on this site and yet you feel it's fine to act in that way, you're a disgrace.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

I have heard him speak about the Rosicrucians in the past, in a not very complimentary fashion and he also addressed how he investigated them closely and thus became a target for "he's a rosicrcuian" type slurs.
    Maybe he is a double agent, so to speak, I wouldn't be convinced of that myself but you can only listen to what these speakers say and take what you want from it yourslef.
    I don't think I've ever seen any researchers in this field that have never had accusations made about them being members of secret societies. You name someone in the conspiracy or truth movement and they've had these type of accusation made about them.
    It's up to the individual to make their own mind up at the end of the day.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement