Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do ye really believe in these theories?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Now I don't mean to troll or upset anybody. I am not a conspiracy theorist/believer.

I am genuienly interested: Do ye actually believe that Gates and Rockerfeller are trying to take over the world and wipe out hundreds of millions/billions? That giant lizard men are running the world? That there is a planet X in opposite orbit to ours and the government is hiding it for some reason? That the government is controlling us with mindwaves etc?

I don't mean to p*ss anyone off and am not trying to raise an argument. I don't want replies from non CT slagging them off. I'm not interested in being converted or anything, I'm just curious.

If the mods concider this a troll please delete it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I believe in some, but alot of them are pretty logical if you actually aquired thought to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I don't want replies from non CT slagging them off.

Everyone please note that this will be strictly enforced.

Equally, slagging off people for not believing will be treated the same.

Lets give it a chance and see where it ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

you forgot chemtrails.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't believe in any of the theories you mentioned.. although it could be said that in a world controlled by money, that the richest of people have the most control.. I guess whatever intent they have on exercising that control is what theories are built on.

About 90% of the stuff posted here, I'd have no interest in. Even some of the stuff I don't believe in is quite interesting to read however, for the most part.. until the invariable bickering starts =p

I definitely wouldn't class myself as a conspiracy theorist, nor would I a skeptic. I just read the stuff I'm interested in and ignore the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Now I don't mean to troll or upset anybody. I am not a conspiracy theorist/believer.

I am genuienly interested: Do ye actually believe that Gates and Rockerfeller are trying to take over the world and wipe out hundreds of millions/billions? That giant lizard men are running the world? That there is a planet X in opposite orbit to ours and the government is hiding it for some reason? That the government is controlling us with mindwaves etc?

I don't mean to p*ss anyone off and am not trying to raise an argument. I don't want replies from non CT slagging them off. I'm not interested in being converted or anything, I'm just curious.

I don't believe most of what is posted here, because I find most of them lack evidence. If sufficient evidence were provided I would probably accept it.

I do think that the nature of power will mean people will conspire to keep their control, and that people will lie about things or attempt to cover up facts if it will benefit them. On the other hand, I think that backstabbing and betrayal and general conflict of interests makes any kind of NWO group highly unlikely.

To address the main thrust of your question; No. I reckon I'm generally seen as a skeptic in these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Some are more believable than others i guess.
    If you are not sure about something why not investigate.
    There are patents for micro radiation type weapons and devices for controlling human body responses for an example so i believe they could possibvly be built already and tested somewhere.
    Its all relative to me.Depends whats going on and what makes one thing more likely than another.
    I dont believe in a planet X just yet or for 2012 but that isnt to say there is not such a planet either.
    A bit of research will find your answers.
    Try starting with bill gates or rockefeller and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I believe that as a species we know fvck all about anything, particularly with regard to our own history and origins. Information flow is mostly controlled by big media companies who obviously have an agenda of their own (what you believe that to be is at your own discression) so if we want to understand "truth" we have to wade through a lot of things ourselves. Entertaining a theory doesn't mean you believe it and follow it blindly. Even the best of theories can be disproven so you can be too attached to these things.
    As for Lizard men ruling the world, well there's more evidence that lizard men rule the world than there is to suggest that Jesus Christ existed, it hasn't stopped millions of people believing in that idea has it?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I dont believe in lizard people, but could be considered mad because I believe in God, the creator, I believe an evil force is at work behind the scenes, maybe google the freemasons and see what pops up, and please explain why their angels nave hooved feet?
    ireland_NewLogo_web.gif

These filth control it all, look into it and discover the truth, don't be afraid of the things this implies, accept it then fight it, strange as it sounds, it is strange, it's not normal, they create wars, control more than your willing to accept.

UFO's reptilian stuff doesnt hit my buttons, the CIA took out JFK, pope John Paul the first was murdered in 1978 after just 33 days in power, the vatican is run by satanist/paedophiles, Diana was assasinated on the orders of Prince Philip, notice the admiration they show in this pic, she was wanted for her bloodline because they inbreed, then didn't do as was wanted, flash bang, gone
    dianapaDM1512_468x388.jpg

9/11 was carried out by the US chickenhawk cowards, food is not produced to keep the hungry hungry, AIDS was made in good old US of A and given as a "vacination" in NY and east Africa. Green monkey theory is bolllox.

There's a few others I can't think of now, hollow earth etc don't cut it with me, no offence to believers, man hasn't gone to the moon, and fact is stranger than fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

uprising2 wrote: »
    These filth control it all

Except quality photoshop work, it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

alastair wrote: »
    Except quality photoshop work, it would seem.

Yea would seem a lot of photoshoppers out there.

blkcrest2.gif

glbc_logo.jpg

masonic-emblems-2.jpg&t=1

123_2309-FreemasonsHallDetail.jpg

How long is photoshop out anyway?, I started with photoshop 5, now it's CS5, and why do these respectable gents photoshop their own sites with these hooved angels?, a little stange a logo for fine upstanding citizens don't you think.

'Presiding in the East',
    'Worshipful Master' Kenny Noye...

The life of Kenneth Noye has been one of malevolence and corruption. It is an example of how someone eagerly embracing crime as a profession can accumulate enormous wealth and frightening power.
    Detectives untangling his network of corruption now believe that at least one prominent MP was in his pay. </STRONG>
    Such was the apprehension and nervousness created by the extent of Noye's corruption of the police that during the investigation into Stephen Cameron's murder officers were given around-the-clock protection from their colleagues. Others changed their telephone numbers. The Noye file on the case was restricted to less than a dozen senior officers.
    In 1977 after being arrested by Scotland Yard for receiving stolen goods Noye joined the Hammersmith Freemason's Lodge in west London. He was proposed and seconded by two Police Officers. He eventually rose to be the Master of the Lodge with the support of the membership of which the Police made up a sizeable proportion. Other Masons included dealers in gold and other precious metals. A little while later Noye was being helped out of an arrest by a detective who was a fellow Mason.
    One of Noye's police contacts was prepared to intervene on his behalf not just with fellow officers, but other law agencies. The detective approached a Customs officer investigating Noye in the early 80s and pressured him to "lay off". April 13, 2000
    The Independent, U.K.
    By Kim Sengupta and Paul Lashmar

I know kenneth noye is serving life now, but look into his criminal history and how much he simply got a slap on the wrist for

http://www.irish-freemasons.org/ Click here and rest assured I didn't photoshop that image/logo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I most definitely believe in
    9/11 was the work of the us government and if you think otherwise I would question your intelligence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

digme wrote: »
    I most definitely believe in
    9/11 was the work of the us government and if you think otherwise I would question your intelligence.

Considering in the near decade since 9/11 not one single credible conspiracy theory about how the US government carried out 9/11, as been put forward.

Could you please enlighten us?

uprising2 wrote: »
    Yea would seem a lot of photoshoppers out there.

Ehh - I was referring to the quality of the photoshop work in the Irish Grand Lodge image - not exactly world controlling stuff.

What's your problem with hooves on cherubs anyway? There's no documented 'correct' way to portray the idea of either angels or devils, and if you want to be pedantic, satan was an angel anyway, so there's no physical difference implied between the two. Hooves, tentacles, fit-flops, it's all different flavours of the same guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Why do I believe in CT's. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck its a duck. Some things are just obvious.

Its like a jigsaw. Look at 1 piece and it won't make much sense. Start putting all the pieces togethar and a picture starts to form.

There are some theories I don't believe in but I'll always have an open mind. If theres no evidence that they're wrong it would be ignorant of me to say they're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Di0genes wrote: »
    Considering in the near decade since 9/11 not one single credible conspiracy theory about how the US government carried out 9/11, as been put forward.

It happened as you saw it on tv,nothing fancy about it really.

In the interest of playing devil's advocate; the US government being behind the attacks doesn't require thermite, or controlled missiles, or holograms, or anything. The fact that planes flew into the targets doesn't stop the US government from being responsible.

Digme infracted for ignoring my warning in post 3

Undergod wrote: »
    In the interest of playing devil's advocate; the US government being behind the attacks doesn't require thermite, or controlled missiles, or holograms, or anything. The fact that planes flew into the targets doesn't stop the US government from being responsible.

And yet no credible evidence has been put forward to support this either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I think there is a group of people trying to influence events to reduce the worlds population and at the same time keep themselves in a safety zone.

They would have to "play the game" in another country/continent by remote control from where they live.

Not sure what benefit it would be as they seem to have all the money they need already, not sure what they would gain by doing this.

old_aussie wrote: »
    I think there is a group of people trying to influence events to reduce the worlds population and at the same time keep themselves in a safety zone.

They would have to "play the game" in another country/continent by remote control from where they live.

Not sure what benefit it would be as they seem to have all the money they need already, not sure what they would gain by doing this.

So you believe there's a sinister cabal trying to commit genocide, but you cannot figure out their motive or method?

• Advertisement

can we try and stay on topic please?

This isn't a "challenge what someone else believes" thread....its a question about whether or not people believe in the content posted here, and if so, what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I don't believe in 99% of the theories here.

However, I do think there is a grain in truth in a lot of them.

Say, the ones about the NWO controlling the world, eating babies, lizards etc. Clearly ridiculous. Absurd. IMO anyway. But I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I mean, the most powerful elite do conspire with each other at the tri-lateral commission, Bilderberg meetings etc. That is still a long way to go, to proving that there is something sinister going on. I would imagine, they meet in the same way as scientists from different fields meet to exchange research, make contacts and generally just brainstorm.

However, should our elected world leaders, policy makers, media moguls, banking elites, etc. allowed to hold these type our meetings in private? In one sense, its their right like everyone else's right to hold a private meeting, but then again, if these meetings are where the agenda is set, we should be allowed to know what happens.

Things like if 9/11 was an inside job. I highly doubt it. I would imagine, the closest that it could be to that, is that it may have been "allowed to happen" by some of the extreme right wing elements within the CIA. But even still I doubt that too, just would be willing to accept that fairly easily with evidence.

One thing I have come to see, and can't believe I never noticed before, is how hopelessly biased the 'mainstream news' can be. All you have to do is cycle through the news stations on sky from sky news through russia today, france 24, bbc, fox, cnn, press tv, and al jazeera to see how biased they all are. The same story can be reported completely differently depending on what the agenda of the station is. The flotilla attack was a prime example of this. I find the BBC and Channel 4 to be the most unbiased(still biased though).

So in a nutshell, I think that the NWO kinda exists, but its far less organised and sinister than alot of the theories here would have you believe.

And yet no credible evidence has been put forward to support this either.

That's a fair point. I just wanted to address the notion that disproving the former also disproves the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

The question I'd like to know is why are the skeptics so passionate in their views. Why are they interested in this forum at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

profitius wrote: »
    The question I'd like to know is why are the skeptics so passionate in their views. Why are they interested in this forum at all.

Can't speak for the others, but

I am passionate about finding out the truth when it comes to almost every topic. Ct'ists don't have a monopoly on the word truth-seeker. I dislike when I see obvious mis truths being perpetuated. This is particularly the case when I see threads dismissing modern medicine out of hand. Or others that promote bogus cures, like spiritual healing, vitamin cures for cancer etc.

I think the question you should ask is why CT'ists get so indignant when their theories are questioned. I think, a lot of the time, its because deep down they know it is untrue. Anyone who is genuinely looking for the truth will welcome criticism. If there theory is truly correct, then criticism can only refine it and make it stronger.

Basically, I am passionate about these topics, because I am passionate about the truth, and do no like to see mis information being introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

As I see it, on one end of the spectrum we have people believing that America invaded Iraq and Afghanistan to spread peace and love in order to make the world a better place. On the opposite end of the spectrum we have people believing that some sort of evil lizard men villains are conspiring with the Jews to enslave humanity. Reality is somewhere in between and I like spending time figuring it out.
    But no, I don't believe in any of the conspiracies mentioned in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭joe12345

First of all I hate the word 'conspiracy theory' ...it's the new form of
    predjudice IMO. Think something different from the 'norms' or the official
    verison of anything and your a conspiracy theroist nut. I spent years
    listening to the mainstream telling me one lie after another. I don'd watch
    it anymore becuase of that, and personally I don't think i'm missing much.
    There is very little what I would call 'proper journalism' ...where there is
    independant research into these subjects. The UFO subject for example
    is mostly made fun of and no journalist gives a crap to look any deeper
    into it. :rolleyes: A lot of it not theory its fact. As as recommendation
    try to get your hands on James Foxx's documentary 'I Know What I Saw'

It is my opinion that most average joe publics havent got much time to
    research anything in detail so they rely on a few 30 second soundbytes
    coming from their tv, as its all they have time for in the busy world we
    live in. Most (not all) people who ridicule and diss a certain subject or
    viewpoint have probably just spent less than 5 minutes looking into it.
    They mostly say 'sur everyone knows that' because a certain line has
    been repeated over and over until it's ingrained in the human physic of
    the masses.

Look into a subject in detail before you make comment. Most of the
    ridicule and dissing of alternate subjects is just a knee jerk reaction as
    it is not inline with your belief system. Read the book 'The True Story of
    The Bilderberg Group' by Danial Estulin' or 'Human Race Get Off Your Knees'
    by David Icke. Read the books and then feel free to disagree but don't
    just look up the open source 'wikipedia' for the official version of everything.

It's up for everyone to think for themselves and not just believe what
    they are told. Look into the dangers of 'Aspartame' and 'Flouride' for
    a start!

I have been studying these alternate subjects for years and I am 100%
    convinced of the following to name a few:
    1. the UFO phenomenon is very REAL
    2. JFK was killed by a conspiracy
    3. Their is a power elite that are guiding world affairs
    4. The offical story of 9-11 is a fairytale

For anyone who goes along with the 'too many people need to be involved' line,
    can I advise to look up 'compartmentalization'...

joe12345 wrote: »
    For anyone who goes along with the 'too many people need to be involved' line, can I advise to look up 'compartmentalization'...

And while they're at it - 'Occam's Razor'.

Anyone that references David Icke as an authoritive source on anything is grasping at straws imo - but maybe that's just me.

profitius wrote: »

Boredom perhaps?
    I really couldn't care less if no one agreed with my views.
    Some "skeptics" here seem to be quite the opposite in that regard, you know, beating you over the head until you agree with them.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    And while they're at it - 'Occam's Razor'.

Anyone that references David Icke as an authoritive source on anything is grasping at straws imo - but maybe that's just me.

Occam's razor, quite a tired argument in regard to CT's don't you think? Occam's razor is fine in itself, you know if you hear a noise coming from the attic, it probably is just the timbers being affected by the temprature and not gremlins or ghosts.
    Sometimes the simplest answer isn't the correct one, thats what we CT nut's are interested in.
    If you're not interested, or you consider yourself too intelligent to even consider these ideas then perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement