Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing the Kona dream and a Mai Tai cocktail

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Guys never really stop being 17, do they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

No is the answer to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Big Nell fan, I would apply and wash off, not fussy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

catweazle wrote: »

nellnakedrunPA_450x441.jpg

2008*17=80085

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

catweazle wrote: »
    Nell McAndrew is a little taller but she can run, did a 2.54 at London at this year

Cue gratuitous shot of Nell and her pacer group crossing the finishing line :p

nellnakedrunPA_450x441.jpg

It's a photo of the most successful 3hr pacers in the history of marathon running celebrating their achievement - not one man left behind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    2008*17=80085

I hope you're not an accountant.

I hope you're not an accountant.

Studying pure maths actually:p

An accountant mightn't get it; a 17-year old student of accountancy would;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oryx wrote: »
    Guys never really stop being 17, do they? :)

But yet women can drool over Beckam, Pitt etc etc and no one says anything.

Says more about the confidence of men and the confidence of women.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

On a separate note they are making a film about JB http://goo.gl/HOS7V (SFW)

Studying pure maths actually:p

An accountant mightn't get it; a 17-year old student of accountancy would;)

I am neither so please explain as it's lost on me;)
    tunney wrote: »
    On a separate note they are making a film about JB http://goo.gl/HOS7V (SFW)
    Yes Bilbo Baggins is in fact my twin brother.

• Advertisement

In fact, I could drool over Brad Pitt and Nell McAndrew simultaneously, and none of you would find a problem with that. Aint life unfair.

Oryx wrote: »
    In fact, I could drool over Brad Pitt and Nell McAndrew simultaneously, and none of you would find a problem with that. Aint life unfair.

I would find it cool:rolleyes:

2008*17=80085
    I am neither so please explain as it's lost on me;)

You need to reconnect with your inner juvenile for this one:

80085=BOOBS. Back in the day before the internet, typing this on our calculators was considered highly risqué.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

You need to reconnect with your inner juvenile for this one:

80085=BOOBS. Back in the day before the internet, typing this on our calculators was considered highly risqué.

never worked on the abacus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I'm goingo tell T_runner about this conversation. Be prepared to be lambasted by Ireland's biggest feminist :)

Wednesday
    40min lunchtime run
    Run included some 30secs builds and 10mins steady effort. Legs felt wonderful but rest of body not so good and struggled a small bit on the steady which came in at 4.04 m/km pace for a 166ahr which is on the high side.
    Time:40:14, Dist:8.96kms, Pace:4.29m/km, AHR:156

Swim
    Taking on Tango's advice from Monday the one thing i focussed on the whole session was head position as i have a tendancy to look forward too much and generally head position is too high. I pretended i was a pig on a spit in a campfire:rolleyes: keeping the head moving with the rest of the body in unison and making sure when coming up for breath that i was coming up just enough to keep one eye in the water and slip a breath in that little gully you create. The result, it felt very controlled, smooth and the legs were not sinking as much (even without kicking).
    I had 2 sets of 4x50 fast on 80secs coming in at 47,47,49,48 and 49,50,47,46. Main set was 5x400s at IM intensity alternating pull and swim. I think my last tt with Tango was 7:34 for reference.
    Pull 1 - 7.28 - 1.52 per 100
    Swim 1 - 7.44 - 1.56 per 100
    Pull 2 - 7.21 - 1.50 per 100
    Swim 2 - 7.41 - 1.55 per 100
    Pull 3 - 7.16 - 1.49 per 100 (lifted the effort slightly)
    These all felt very comfortable as you would expect for IM effort, times are far from earth shattering but the effort to achieve them felt good. I like swimming when i have sessions like this and everything seems to click.
    Time:1:08, Dist:3200mtrs

Thursday
    50min turbo with work
    A bit like Tuesdays session apart from 5x3mins at 90% FTP, from memory 265w, 264w, 264w, 267w and 269w. You really cannot beat the turbo when it comes to specific sessions like these.
    Time:50mins, Dist:30.14kms, Power:AP219w/NP228w, Cad:86, Work:694

This time in 9 days i hope to be running out of the water in Calella with a smile on my face!!

TRR wrote: »
    I'm goingo tell T_runner about this conversation. Be prepared to be lambasted by Ireland's biggest feminist :)

Now that was a thread which turned into a train crash:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Decided to SIU Buttercup on the 3*10 :D

Having a good taper there so it seems, feeling good? I'm actually looking forward to the long spin on good roads. Thats about it though! After that its all about the par -tay :)

Friday
    Swim
    Times slightly slower than normal but again form felt good, just felt tired in the water. Main set was 15x100s alt sw/p with sw coming in between 1:50-1:56 and pull 1:46-1:51.
    Time:60mins, Dist:2500mtrs

Missed run
    I was due to do a run with 3x1km @ 10k pace, decided not to do it as i have been suffering with a cold and i am trying to shake it, again felt tired. Not often i skip a session but right call here i think.

Saturday
    2hr spin
    I had contemplated not doing this as still blowing snot bubbles, yuck. Decided to head out and stay local in case i needed to head home, that and the fact i wanted to be en route for the club marathon groups out getting their 30k LPR in. Session called for an 1hr easy, 20mins @ IM effort and 4x4mins @ 95% effort. I done the 20min IM effort but it felt laboured so decided to cycle the rest easy, no point being a hero this close to Barca.
    Time:2:00:56, Dist:57.95kms, Power:ZAP167w/NP181w, IM effort:211w, Cad:79, Work:1212kj, HR:139

Sunday
    50min run
    Still this bloody cold persists but improving. Just 20mins easy, 20mins at IM effort which came in at 4.19km pace and 10mins easy home. The 4:19 pace felt very good, will not be going out at that pace but ideally i would like to be spanking the back a$$ of the run in Barca at that pace....in an ideal world. Still have not got that "feeling" yet in any session this week.
    Time:51:24, Dist:11.45kms, Pace:4.29m/km, HR:156

Weekly RU
    So 8.5hrs work done last week with all sessions hit bar 1 run. Race week next and the main aim is to get fully healthy. Without fail my body always gets compromised when reducing training volume in taper. Happened in nearly all my big races in the last two years. Not much more i can do (apart from leaving the kids) as i take all the usual vits etc.
    Decided to SIU Buttercup on the 3*10 :D

Having a good taper there so it seems, feeling good? I'm actually looking forward to the long spin on good roads. Thats about it though! After that its all about the par -tay :)

Good work princess on SIU and getting it done:) Taper going alright apart from a cold i am trying to shift along with these massive boils that have appeared on both temples on the head!! I look like Frankenstein with the bolts sticking out:rolleyes:
    This week has not helped as Hannah is unwell, if there is no improvement early next week i will be flying solo without Michelle:( really hoping all turns good on that front.
    Waiting on that "feeling good" to hit, hopefully at the start line!! Looking forward to the beers after alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

The very best of luck with it, JB - you are overdue an uneventful race:)

Smash it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

You must be taking the taper seriously Fran, no swim training tonight :) Enjoy sunday and remember the priority is to get over the finish line in one piece, given your season to date the time is secondary!!!!!!

Izoard wrote: »
    The very best of luck with it, JB - you are overdue an uneventful race:)

Smash it!

You would think so
    griffin100 wrote: »
    You must be taking the taper seriously Fran, no swim training tonight :) Enjoy sunday and remember the priority is to get over the finish line in one piece, given your season to date the time is secondary!!!!!!

I was tucked up in bed by 7.30pm with my sudafed and cold/flu remedies as i want to get this out of my system so no training for me yesterday. I agree with you on the bolded bit!!

In good news as the photo shows below Hannah is well on the mend and coming back to her usual mischievous self (you really cannot take your eyes off them for a minute) so looks like Michelle will be travelling after all. Have to say delighted as i did not fancy a solo trip and glad she will be there supporting.

5 days and counting, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

best of luck JB, you are one person who deserves a boring (fast) race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

In good news as the photo shows below Hannah is well on the mend and coming back to her usual mischievous self (you really cannot take your eyes off them for a minute)

Did she break into your Whey Protein drawer :eek:

All the best for the weekend, stick to potatoes and veg the night before, although Alberto has us led to believe the beef is very good in Spain as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

BennyMul wrote: »
    best of luck JB, you are one person who deserves a boring (fast) race.

+1 JB. Live the dream of a happy (fast) race. Yeeeehaaa!:)

Good luck jb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Best of Luck JB...u deserve a good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Good luck at the weekend JB

Stick to the tried and trusted hang sanwidges and tay before the race! no doubt you'll have a super race

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Good luck at the weekend JB

Stick to the tried and trusted hang sanwidges and tay before the race! no doubt you'll have a super race

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I expected sub 9:55.

Anything else and there'll be no congratulations.

Good luck, have fun!

Advertisement