Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone have a problem with the Strava/Garmin Synch yesterday?

I added the workout to strava directly but for some reason it doesn't have any HR data or laps, even though that is present on Garmin connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

adrian522 wrote: »
    Anyone have a problem with the Strava/Garmin Synch yesterday?

I added the workout to strava directly but for some reason it doesn't have any HR data or laps, even though that is present on Garmin connect.

Worked yesterday, but I did a run earlier and it's not uploaded yet anyway, and very little traffic on my strava feed.
    Are the hackers busy again 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

A handy link for checking the status of Garmin Connect.

https://connect.garmin.com/status/

R

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Getting crazy high HR readings from my 645 at the moment, anyone had similar?

By crazy high I'm talking 178 on an easy run, where my max HR is probably around 187.

I've tried washing the sensor and doing a reset of the watch but still the issue persists. Maybe the HR monitor is fecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

adrian522 wrote: »
    Getting crazy high HR readings from my 645 at the moment, anyone had similar?

By crazy high I'm talking 178 on an easy run, where my max HR is probably around 187.

I've tried washing the sensor and doing a reset of the watch but still the issue persists. Maybe the HR monitor is fecked?

I have to 645 and the HR monitor is pure muck...I totally disregard it. I won't list the numbers but it is so far off it's a waste of time. Get yourself the chest strap.

• Advertisement

No, I don't want to bother with a chest strap, the 645 was fine for several years. Not sure why it is acting up now.

It doesn't really matter I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

How accurate ish is the sleep tracking? I'm on a 235. I'm a pretty bad and light sleeper, in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

How accurate ish is the sleep tracking? I'm on a 235. I'm a pretty bad and light sleeper, in general.

Not sure it's massively accurate but I am basing this on the fact that it sometimes counts the time I spend reading in bed as sleep time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Not sure it's massively accurate but I am basing this on the fact that it sometimes counts the time I spend reading in bed as sleep time.

Thanks Huzzah, I thought so. It says I got 9+ hours twice lately and I didn't feel refreshed at all, having been awake for what feels like all hours. I'll gather some more data and see.

Here's their own info from last year. https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/health/garmin-health-announces-sleep-study-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

In case anyone has come across cr*p looking gps tracks since Jan 1st seems you're not alone - Garmin Watches – Global GPS Errors | Sony the Culprit?

Noticed myself when half of my run yesterday was smack in the middle of the Lee :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Can anyone tell me the best/cheapest place to get a forerunner 945 in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Have a question that may have been answered already back along but can’t find it if so. I keep getting irritation from the strap on my fenix 5S if I wear it for longer than a day. I’ve switched around to a few different straps and some are slightly better, but ultimately it still happens. Has anyone else encountered similar and did any particular solution work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Have a question that may have been answered already back along but can’t find it if so. I keep getting irritation from the strap on my fenix 5S if I wear it for longer than a day. I’ve switched around to a few different straps and some are slightly better, but ultimately it still happens. Has anyone else encountered similar and did any particular solution work?

This isn't an issue I have but the better half has this issue with all silicone straps and the problem is most straps available are silicone. She found one which wasn't silicone and no longer has this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I found this an issue with also but was particularly bad after I used certain shower gels. Now though every couple of weeks I just leave the watch off for a day or so and it seems to alleviate any issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

I presume you've tried wearing the strap a bit looser? My son has this issue with his Fitbit. He leaves it off for a day or over-night every few days or moves it to the other arm to allow his skin to breathe a bit. He suffers eczema so I put it down to that skin sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This often happens when water and soaps/gels get under the strap and don't get dried properly. Try taking off the watch when showering and washing the hands and only putting it back on when you've thoroughly dried off.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Can anyone recommend a Garmin watch a female? I am looking around for herself who is hoping to do a Triathlon the end of the year if races are open.

I was looking at Garmin 735XT but it seems sold out in the majority of places and its 350euro, a lot more than I remember it being previous. The other option is a Garmin Vivoactive 4s but unsure if this is suitable for seawater?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Klopp wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a Garmin watch a female? I am looking around for herself who is hoping to do a Triathlon the end of the year if races are open.

I was looking at Garmin 735XT but it seems sold out in the majority of places and its 350euro, a lot more than I remember it being previous. The other option is a Garmin Vivoactive 4s but unsure if this is suitable for seawater?

Any water resistant watch can be used in sea water, just rinse the watch when finished.

I got my other half the vivoactive 4s and she’s delighted with it. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Any water resistant watch can be used in sea water, just rinse the watch when finished.

I got my other half the vivoactive 4s and she’s delighted with it. Would recommend.

Thanks, this is the watch i thought myself and was looking at for her, it seems to be best Garmin for her needs

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Does anyone know if you can bulk load a training plan onto a Garmin?

I'm starting an 18 week plan and I'd like it all on the watch for ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Does anyone know if you can bulk load a training plan onto a Garmin?

I'm starting an 18 week plan and I'd like it all on the watch for ease.

Garmin plans amend themselves based on your runs, so tend to only show up a week in advance on your watch and calendar.

You could enter each run individually (from a plan sourced elsewhere) on the calendar on the connect website and then sync it with your watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I had Garmin Pay working fine on my 645 Music with a Revolut Card

I had to reset my watch due to a Bluetooth synching issue that is now resolved

Now when I press 'Add Card' in Garmin Pay it says "your device does not support any card in this region"

I tried using a VPN to make it look like my phone was in a different region but still get the same error

Any ideas?

Edit - found the solution - there's 2 places in the app to add the card & this is only an issue in one of them.
    One is off the main menu and that had the error avove
    Other is under the device settings - that works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Anyone order from Garmin recently and what the delivery times are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

It varies depending on what your ordering, I was ordering the Garmin 530 and it was 2-3 weeks and the Garmin cadence and power sensors were 3-5 days.

Ordered Jan 6th, shipped Jan 7th. DPD delivered on Jan 15th.

Shipped 21st and delivery today. No tracking email sent and when I got onto them for a tracking ref. No tracking since picked up and processed in Holland since 21st and appeared yesterday here. Nothing in middle. Could only be tracked in Holland dpd site

Shipped 21st and delivery today. No tracking email sent and when I got onto them for a tracking ref. No tracking since picked up and processed in Holland since 21st and appeared yesterday here. Nothing in middle. Could only be tracked in Holland dpd site

I didn't know it was DPD until I checked the invoice PDF which wasn't in the email, but was in https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/account/orders/ along with the tracking number.

I didn't know it was DPD until I checked the invoice PDF which wasn't in the email, but was in https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/account/orders/ along with the tracking number.

No tracking on garmin site. Had on previous time I ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Has anyone purchased a watch from outside of Europe that came preloaded with a different region maps successfully switch it over to Europe? Also is there anything else to look out for such as garmin pay not working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I saw this thread on the 945 forum recently, didn't really follow the ins & outs but seems you might be stuck with the region it came with.

How to switch map region in the 945

Advertisement