Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

glic83 wrote: »
    Mine is in transit since I got the tracking number, it may just be going from one side of the room to the other though ��, so last week when checking I dropped the first 2 digits and last 2 from the tracking number and do a search with parcel app, it's going to be going through DPD UK but it's not got to them yet, and the euglobal tracker isn't the most believable either. This is from the tracking with euglobal

#DateParcel Status
    8. 2020-05-28 Shipment further connected.
    7. 2020-05-27 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6. 2020-05-26 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5. 2020-05-25 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4. 2020-05-24 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3. 2020-05-23 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2. 2020-05-22 In transit.
    1. 2020-05-21 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Then on the parcelapp with the first and last 2 digits dropped

19 May 2020 02:48 Order information has been transmitted to DPD.
    DPD data centre

19 May 2020 02:48 Order information has been transmitted to DPD
    DPD data centre

19 May 2020 02:46 We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel
    dpd

So hoping for something to arrive within the 2 weeks.

Any update, mine is shown as you have above now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Irishder wrote: »
    Any update, mine is shown as you have above now

Mine arrived in the last hour, I'm at work so won't get to check it out until later but the wife has it charging for me.

great stuff hopefully mine will arrive next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Quick question. My 2 year old Garmin 235 is recording a lower max heart beat. Got it to 140 bpm today flat out usually get to about 188 and its not that I've got much fitter! Turned off and on - no difference. Any clues or solutions. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Irishder wrote: »
    great stuff hopefully mine will arrive next week

Any update for yourself @Irishder ?

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    Any update for yourself @Irishder ?

Yeah got it a couple of weeks ago. all good. Slow service but it came as expected and working away. happy with the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Anyone know what the usual delivery time it takes from the Garmin website? Ordered watch last week and on the account it just states order received and hasn't progressed to even be shipped yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

A bunch of Garmin watches with solar charging are being announced today I read.

6 (six) new Garmin Watches TOMORROW

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Have a 2 yr old fenix 5s. The GPS stopped working yesterday. Watch indicated there was a gps signal (usual green circle) but didn't appear to take gps readings during run as distance stayed at 0:00 despite a 10 mile run. Timer and HR all appeared to function ok. However when I went to save, it just went into a continuous loop requiring powering it down to stop.

Garmin forums are all down so that's no use. Tried a soft reset but didn't solve problem. If i do a hard reset I presume I lose all data on watch. I won't be able to sync then with garmin connect as that's knackered too at the moment. Any reason not to try hard reset?

Thoughts?

btw I haven't been asked to pay any ransom yet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

There seems to be a problem with the servers so could be impacting on it. Id similar issue yesterday golf round didnt save

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Apparently, there have been a number of issue with Fenix devices, and other devices on the same platform. The issues include loss of GPS and/or devices going into a "Save Activity loop" and needing to be reset. It is not clear if it is related to the massive outage they suffered since last Thursday morning.

I have not seen any issues on the Fenix 5 or 5+ but I seen a few comments like this in other forums.

Garmin started coming back online this morning, but it will probably be another 24 hours before Connect is fully back online.

Full status here.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Thanks. This was precisely my problem. A hard reset and Garmin connect coming back to life appear to have resolved issue.

Watch lost all workouts due to reset as expected but there appears to be a problem uploading them again from Connect. Presume that’ll be resolved in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Workouts have not been syncing to my garmin 645 for the past 10 days or so. Activities fine just planned workouts not transferring. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Down South wrote: »
    Workouts have not been syncing to my garmin 645 for the past 10 days or so. Activities fine just planned workouts not transferring. Any ideas?

Almost certainly the result of the huge ransomware outage at Garmin, no?

Almost certainly the result of the huge ransomware outage at Garmin, no?

But that was only towards end of last week. This is happening since weekend before

Though I see workouts now not working due to hack so maybe it will resolve itself when that’s fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Down South wrote:

Have you reached max limit of workouts on your watch. Once you reach 25 on the 235 you have to delete some to be able to add more. Not sure if there's a limit with the 645. But even if that is it, I think pretty much everyone is having an issue with syncing workouts to their watch due to the outage.

Have you reached max limit of workouts on your watch. Once you reach 25 on the 235 you have to delete some to be able to add more. Not sure if there's a limit with the 645. But even if that is it, I think pretty much everyone is having an issue with syncing workouts to their watch due to the outage.

I deleted a few in case that was the issue. I’ll just wait and see if it works once the general issue is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Down South wrote:
    I deleted a few in case that was the issue. I’ll just wait and see if it works once the general issue is resolved

Have a go now. My workouts are transferring again.

Have a go now. My workouts are transferring again.

Bingo! all good, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Folks, the little loop on the strap of my watch (forerunner 35) snapped, anyone know of a bricks and mortar shop that sells accessories?
    Can get some from Amazon but postage is more than the things themselves. Would prefer to buy a new strap altogether than do that.
    I'm in Limerick if you know anywhere near there, will be in Dublin over the weekend too.

Folks, the little loop on the strap of my watch (forerunner 35) snapped, anyone know of a bricks and mortar shop that sells accessories?
    Can get some from Amazon but postage is more than the things themselves. Would prefer to buy a new strap altogether than do that.
    I'm in Limerick if you know anywhere near there, will be in Dublin over the weekend too.

That happened me a couple of years ago. I contacted Garmin and they sent a replacement (loop) foc.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Thanks, might try that, their official shop won't ship to Ireland, although I checked in the middle of their down time earlier this week so must check again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Im having the same problem as above. I can't transfer the plan to my watch. Watch tells me to download from Garmin connect, but there's no option on Garmin connect to transfer it. Tried the app, the laptop. Deleted all workouts off the watch.

Is it something to do with the scheduled date? It won't transfer after the start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Im having the same problem as above. I can't transfer the plan to my watch. Watch tells me to download from Garmin connect, but there's no option on Garmin connect to transfer it. Tried the app, the laptop. Deleted all workouts off the watch.

Is it something to do with the scheduled date? It won't transfer after the start date?

I presume it's one of the Garmin Training plans you are looking to transfer rather than a workout you've created yourself?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I presume it's one of the Garmin Training plans you are looking to transfer rather than a workout you've created yourself?

Yeah one of the Garmin plans. Though I haven't tried transferring one I've created from the app to the watch.. I've just set them up manually on the watch the last week of runs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

When do garmin traditionally announce their new watches?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Has anyone any experience of removing a protective screen on a 235? I've just smashed mine and having a bit of trouble taking it off..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yeah one of the Garmin plans. Though I haven't tried transferring one I've created from the app to the watch.. I've just set them up manually on the watch the last week of runs
    I could have sworn my watch (forerunner 645) didn't support the Garmin plans but it turns out they do. Not all watches will support Garmin plans.

How it works for me is to set up the plan, pick the days I'm available to run, the day for long run etc and then sync the watch.
    So let's say the first run is on Monday if I select "Run" on my watch on Monday it will prompt me if i want to do the run from my plan.

You can reschedule days by editing the plan if needed.

• Advertisement

Whoop! Whoop! Fixed it. I un/reinstalled the app on my phone, synced it again and all my workouts are now on the watch!

Peace has been restored :D

Advertisement