Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD PVR

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Where do you get a HD PVR in Ireland? Is it off Hauppage.co.uk? Does it work on PAL 60 TVs? Is there 1 kind?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

www.hauppauge.com

follow the steps while ordering and you will be redirected to the irish/uk site

You have to have component connections on your TV for it to work.

There is only one type, although there are differnet firmwares. If you order from the official site you will get the latest

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tallon, you have a hauppage, right?

do you experience any lag with it?

Tallon, you have a hauppage, right?

do you experience any lag with it?

The very odd time. I always complain about it being hte interent, but when I watch it back it's fine.

Very rare though, make sure you have good quality gold plated conections all around

Tallon wrote: »
    The very odd time. I always complain about it being hte interent, but when I watch it back it's fine.

Very rare though, make sure you have good quality gold plated conections all around

Hm.

That could be a problem when recording a live street fighter match for money.

Hm.

That could be a problem when recording a live street fighter match for money.

gimme a shout when the next one is on and I'll bring it. You can see if it's what your looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

gimme a shout when the next one is on and I'll bring it. You can see if it's what your looking for

Every Saturday and Wednesday in XGC on Liffey Street.

Alternatively there's a tournament on the 7th in Space 54 but for testing it would probably be best if you could come up on one the casual days.

We'd really appreciate if you could bring it up so we could try it as we were thinking of buying one for the fighting game community.

Orim wrote: »
    Every Saturday and Wednesday in XGC on Liffey Street.

Alternatively there's a tournament on the 7th in Space 54 but for testing it would probably be best if you could come up on one the casual days.

We'd really appreciate if you could bring it up so we could try it as we were thinking of buying one for the fighting game community.

Cool, i'll try get in next saturday. Can someone bring an xbox omponent cable. I assume thats what console your playing it on

Cool, i'll try get in next saturday. Can someone bring an xbox omponent cable. I assume thats what console your playing it on

Assuming you don't mean tomorrow, next saturday is the tournament and it could be a bit hectic and may not be the best time to try it. But I don't want to inconvienence you so whenever is best for you.

Yeah xbox will roll. Can you record anything? I would assume the best way for us to test would be to start recording and then use the Rock Band 2 input test. Would the input test on rock band show delay cuased the Hauppage? I think it would but if anyone has ideas.

Orim wrote: »
    Assuming you don't mean tomorrow, next saturday is the tournament and it could be a bit hectic and may not be the best time to try it. But I don't want to inconvienence you so whenever is best for you.

Yeah xbox will roll. Can you record anything? I would assume the best way for us to test would be to start recording and then use the Rock Band 2 input test. Would the input test on rock band show delay cuased the Hauppage? I think it would but if anyone has ideas.

I can try make it out to you for wednesday sure. I'm busy this weekend with ATWR.

I'll need a laptop or PC. I have a laptop and can record with it, but it probably won't play back the HD files cause it's a bit old.

Yeah, you can record anything with a component or composite connection.

Any of you lads live out Leixlip way?

I can try make it out to you for wednesday sure. I'm busy this weekend with ATWR.

I'll need a laptop or PC. I have a laptop and can record with it, but it probably won't play back the HD files cause it's a bit old.

I can bring out my laptop but intial playback isn't a massive concern as I would assume that the SD and HD recording would have the same effect.

It operates as an extra box right? So we could play through VGA and use the component to record. But that seems wrong as you would need a splitter.
    So does it act as a buffer between the display and the console? If so then as long as we have a lagless splitter, then we could have lagless recording. The Hauppage doesn't take VGA though. Hmm, I'm probably on the wrong track altogether.

This is why I don't post here much :o

• Advertisement

Yeah, a seperate box. The only inputs are Component / composite so as long as thats the connection we should be ok.

I have split to 2 tv's before but that was two component cables.

Im in celbridge if you want to try some stuff out.

Im in celbridge if you want to try some stuff out.

Awesome, do you drive?

Awesome, do you drive?

My housemate is pretty much my chauffer :D

I can make it to leixlip no problem.

My housemate is pretty much my chauffer :D

I can make it to leixlip no problem.

Actually, I can probably get over to you. Do you want me to bring it up for you to have a look? Do you have a laptop?

Actually, I can probably get over to you. Do you want me to bring it up for you to have a look? Do you have a laptop?

I have a macbook pro and a netbook.

However I am out of the country til next Friday :/

I have a macbook pro and a netbook.

However I am out of the country til next Friday :/

grand, i'll try get it to the lads on wednsday. If not, I'll organise it up to yours to try out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

This is really great Tallon, much appreciated from the fighting game forum. Might pop in wednesday to see it in action.

Do you guys still want me to come up with this?

Where is the XBLGC? And is there parking?

Does anyone have a component cable for the xbox?

Do you guys still want me to come up with this?

Where is the XBLGC? And is there parking?

Does anyone have a component cable for the xbox?

It's on Liffey St. beside Pravda. I think there's parking up at smithfield? only a couple minutes walk.

I won't be there myself but I think others will be.

Dunno about the component cable but you could ask here.

• Advertisement

Cheers. So Who am I looking for when i get there?

Cheers. So Who am I looking for when i get there?

Just (literally) ignore the people behind the counter, walk to the back of the place, head upstairs and find the people with the big ol joysticks :)

Looking at that thread it might be quiet today, hopefully sisko or animaX will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Just (literally) ignore the people behind the counter, walk to the back of the place, head upstairs and find the people with the big ol joysticks :)

It's hard to miss them once you walk upstairs there. Believe me :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, change of plan, i forgot the match was on tonight so I'm going to leave it. I'll pop in saturday morning and see you's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It's hard to miss them once you walk upstairs there. Believe me :rolleyes:

You say that in a bad way?!

Sorry guys, change of plan, i forgot the match was on tonight so I'm going to leave it. I'll pop in saturday morning and see you's

We're in Space 54 by Smithfield Luas station this Saturday, and it's a ranking tournament. I'm sure someone will find time to experiment with you but the situation will not be ideal, I certainly wouldn't put up with people messing around with a laggy device on my TV with a couple of hundred euro on the line :D

We're in Space 54 by Smithfield Luas station this Saturday, and it's a ranking tournament. I'm sure someone will find time to experiment with you but the situation will not be ideal, I certainly wouldn't put up with people messing around with a laggy device on my TV with a couple of hundred euro on the line :D

Not to worry, I'll leave it until next weekend :)

If I get a chance I might pop in though to say hello

Not to worry, I'll leave it until next weekend :)

If I get a chance I might pop in though to say hello

It might be fun, I think we're legitemately one of the most active gaming groups in Ireland at the mo. We'd really like to get better footage out there too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GOSullivan27

You can get a PVR for cheap on Amazon, for anyone who's looking to buy!

• Advertisement

You can get a PVR for cheap on Amazon, for anyone who's looking to buy!

How cheap? Any links?

Advertisement