Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD PVR

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GOSullivan27

Tallon wrote: »
    How cheap? Any links?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-Capture-Definition-Hardware-Encoders/dp/B001M0MY10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282082749&sr=8-1

150-ish ! There are other models of it too that would be cheaper i would imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

That's sterling, though. And there were rumours that Amazon are selling old models as well, so worth checking with them to make sure it's the latest model. Safest bet would be to buy from the official site, though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bonavox is right, thats the old model ones. and it's in sterling so it actually works out a bit (a good bit with the exchange rate) dearer

The official site is your only man.... With 1-3 days delivery and full support from an the official manufacturer I wouldn't even try find it cheaper tbh

Well the older models can't be THAT bad, can they ?? I don't have one so i don't really know much about them! :confused:

Well the older models can't be THAT bad, can they ?? I don't have one so i don't really know much about them! :confused:

Yeah they are a bit, a couple of bugs in them and they can lag a bit while recording. It's still dearer to buy that one on amazon so it doesnt make sense.

I would love to see a place selling them for cheape though, I would like to see a lot more HD vids on youtube :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tallon wrote: »
    Bonavox is right, thats the old model ones. and it's in sterling so it actually works out a bit (a good bit with the exchange rate) dearer

The official site is your only man.... With 1-3 days delivery and full support from an the official manufacturer I wouldn't even try find it cheaper tbh

I've heard from another guy that the newer hauppages are next to lagless Tallon, is this true?

If so I'd buy one tomorrow :D

I've heard from another guy that the newer hauppages are next to lagless Tallon, is this true?

If so I'd buy one tomorrow :D

I heard that too but havnt tested them myself.

I'm moving to celbridge in the next week or two so you can have a look at mine then if you want. Havnt had a chance to get to town

Will let you know if i hear of any that are selling for cheap so :P

Bit OT, Just subbed you on Youtube Tallon! Surprised you don't have more subs, good vids!

Will let you know if i hear of any that are selling for cheap so :P

Bit OT, Just subbed you on Youtube Tallon! Surprised you don't have more subs, good vids!

Thanks mate, when I get my internet back i'll be uploading a lot more and hopefully get more subs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can anyone tell me of the cheapest place to get a Hauppage HD-PVR?

Is it still from their site? Any good deals floating around?

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me of the cheapest place to get a Hauppage HD-PVR?

Is it still from their site? Any good deals floating around?

Yep, their site is the best / cheapest place to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Here is the mail you will receive if you order a PVR from their website. I didn't order on by the way!

"We have received your order for one unit of HD PVR at the cost of US$199 per unit. In addition to the cost of the unit there is a US$11 shipping fee plus VAT at the Irish rate of 21% (Total US$254.10). All our units ship with DHL from our warehouse in Ireland. Non-EU customers are also responsible for any additional customs and duties charges that may be incurred.

If the above is agreeable to you, please confirm via return e-mail, stating your confirmation.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries

Kind Regards
    Henry Mills
    Hauppauge Digital Europe S.A.R.L. "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Yeah got that as well when i bought mine , just agree and you'll get you pvr within 3 days , the price you pay for it depends on the strength of the dollar.

edit : i saw now that you said you didnt order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

A real pity we can't get this in Europe
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

The Hauppauge HD PVR has held it's own pretty well though.

norbert64 wrote: »

The Hauppauge HD PVR has held it's own pretty well though.

You can, actually. I got one from CameraKit Ireland who stock them. Never had a problem with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

norbert64 wrote: »

Yes, we can: http://camerakit.ie/proddetail.asp?prod=blackmagic-intensity-pro
    I have one myself.

EDIT: Damn boards not making it clear there was a fourth page to this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I've had my eye on that for a while. But how common is usb3.0 now? Has it become standard yet or is it only available on beastly setups?!

Also, to those who have one, could you post up a video sample?

Edit: I'm referring to the external device (intensity shuttle) not the graphics card

animaX wrote: »
    I've had my eye on that for a while. But how common is usb3.0 now? Has it become standard yet or is it only available on beastly setups?!

Also, to those who have one, could you post up a video sample?

Edit: I'm referring to the external device (intensity shuttle) not the graphics card

USB 3.0 isn't common in most computers. The Shuttle was the first USB 3.0 device to be produced (besides mass storage). It is possible to buy a PCIe card with some 3.0 ports if your computer has any available slots, though.

haha, boards.ie comes through again, thanx folks.

Like animaX though, I was actually after the external shuttle, which they thankfully do seem to stock too.

Looking at the PCIe cards available, they are fairly reasonable.
    http://www.memoryc.ie/products/type/USB_Products/USB_Cards/index.html

EDIT: Doing a bit more research, it looks like the USB3.0 thing might be quite awkward, even if with the PCIe cards. Also, the shuttle is still hamstrung by HDCP too. Don't know why they really bothered with the HDMI. Your HD camcorder/digital camera usually has a USB export option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

The shuttle seems to be getting bad reviews based on the comments in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJSwdeLZ2Zg

• Advertisement

From the looks of things though most of those people only have laptops and/or aren't aware that it's a USB3 device.

And not to sound rude or anything, but most gamers who want to record who only have a laptop are generally just one of those "bad kids".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TheChrisD wrote: »
    From the looks of things though most of those people only have laptops and/or aren't aware that it's a USB3 device.

And not to sound rude or anything, but most gamers who want to record who only have a laptop are generally just one of those "bad kids".

Ahem.

Once again I shall point out that the entire FG community needs their recording set up to be portable or it's pointless.

Get out of this mindset young man :P

I agree, nearly everyone I know uses their laptops for recording because they dont happen to have their PC beside their PS3/XBOX

More Shuttle/Hauppauge HD PVR youtube videos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXWU_XLK8KM

It's Steven Richards :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNweeQ6UlVM

Once again I shall point out that the entire FG community needs their recording set up to be portable or it's pointless.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as more of a shot at those whiny American teenagers who think that they're beast at the same and are suddenly going to become insanely YouTube famous now that they've bought a top of the line capture card and can make montages of their best clips from a time which probably totals about 1 in every 30 kills they make, and doesn't show how many times they had to die to get that footage.

Advertisement