Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE RECORDING STUDIO TIME. NO STRINGS ATTACHED. www.blackrosestudio.net

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 24 Broken Amps

I play in the band ''24 Broken Amps'' and I used this recording studio yesterday, I found the engineer and equipment very good, plus the recording quality is great. I recorded an acoustic version of Quesitions, you can check it out on www.facebook.com/24brokenamps or www.myspace.com/24brokenamps

This was my first time at thi sstudio, it was only a short triup down from Dublin and i would reconmmend it.

Billy
    24 Broken Amps

Bump

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Hi.

Are you limited on the amount of time you can spend in the studio? I couldnt see anything on it.

EDIT: Woops. Just re-read the first post, and realised its in Kildare. I could never get out there. :L

• Advertisement

Hi.

Just though I'd respond to your question anyway. There's no time limit, But from experience to record a vocal and 1 instrument will take approx 2 hours.

There's a bus and Train service from Dublin city center to Kilcock. The studio isn't far from the station.

Here's the link.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/66/

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp

Rob

www.blackrosestudio.net

Some time still available.. Grab it!!

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

I recorded a track with Robert this morning and have to say he's a great guy with a top-notch setup. Would highly recommend any singers/musicians to arrange a session with him while he's still offering free time! Will definitely be going back here to record with my band in the future. Thanks again...

Thanks for the comments Karl.

Hope to see you back at the studio sometime, Keep up the good work. Pass the word around for me.

Thanks.
    Rob

www.blackrosestudio.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Hey Rob, Thanks a mil for today, i absolutely loved it and the studio is very impressive indeed. Your guidence was brill and really settled my nerves despite dropping a bracelet mid song ahaha. Thanks again and I WILL be back at the end of October for a full days recording. Kym

Hi Kym.

Thanks for the comments. I mailed the track to you with the backing vocals included. If you want the song without the backing give me a shout.

Great working with you. Hopefuly see you at the studio again.

Rob
    www.blackrosestudio.net

Some time available for October/November. Takers??

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

I was out in Black Rose Studios on tuesday recording one song. It is a great set up with excellent recording gear and mics and Rob is a sound fella and easy to work with.

I would definitely recommend any singer/songwriter or musician to take up the free offer while it lasts. And if you have a few quid to spend on a recording then Black Rose Studios is a really good option.

I am very happy with the recording Rob did for me.

You can check it out here

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

I'd definitely be interested in recording acoustically! If there's a spot in October, I'll happily take it.

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

Id take a spot early november if your still doin it?
    Thanks

Hey Crazy Chester

When would you like to record? Sessions are Monday to Saturday, 11am - 5pm.

Rob
    www.blackrosestudio.net

Bump

• Advertisement

Sessions available for october - November.

bump

Time available October/November

Bump

Bump

All my free slots have been taken for October. Now offering time for Last 3 weeks in November.

Get em in quick.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Texxx

Hi all,

I was out in Blackrose yesterday and would heartily recommend it! This was my first time recording solo so I was a bit nervous and also very hungover! Rob made me a lovely cup of tea and had a chat with me about what I was looking for so by the time we started recording I was totally relaxed!
    I usually require loads of takes but yesterday was straight-forward and painless due to Rob's friendly professionalism and easy-going attitude. He knows his stuff and knows how to get the best out of a nervous performer! I was delighted with the results and am booking a full day for the end of November.

I would deffo recommend any musicians here check him out. He played me a couple of samples that he recorded with other musicians and I was really impressed. You can't get a better deal than "free" so what have you got to lose!! Go for it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

I can back up Texxx on the tea-making. Rob makes an excellent cuppa.

Something he's even better at though is recording the tracks. The setup is nice and orderly. The settings are relaxing and on the whole, it's a lovely studio for spending a good bit of time in for tracking vocals and guitar lines in particular.

Singer-songwriters would do well to look into this. Great place and an experienced engineer makes for a very enjoyable and rewarding experience.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Tracks have been mailed to you. Hope to see you again in the studio soon.

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 iamthewallrus

Just to add to that, I was out there last week and it was a great experience. We layed down the guitar and singing tracks very quickley and straightforward and I would defnitely recommend people to try it out.

Its a great idea and I hope you get lots of business as a result

Thanks

They are the eggmen

Advertisement