Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loading bays dun laoghaire rathdown CC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I was clamped in a loading bay i was there for 50 mins unloading a van at the time, id to take something out go up 2 flights of stairs and it was a full van.

But i have heard all loading bays are 30mins regardless of signs or not that was from a member an garda.

Sorry to hear it OP, but the guys in Dun laoghaire are bad with the ol tickets very little room for error :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

djimi wrote: »
    As you say it might be a new warden who saw the jeep parked there too long, and seeing the name on the jeep might have assumed that the owner of the restaurant might use the loading bay as his own personal parking space.

Of course, Im just guessing :p Youll know more when you talk to the council.

main probelm is the council just dont feel like answering there phone and when i finally got throught the lady said wrong department and then i ask to be given a number to the correct department and she hung up!!!!!!! Rude! i think im going to tell him to wait for the court date!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

sophie1234 wrote: »
    i no ur wernt being smart :-) didnt think ya were the persons just really annoyed as he owns the restraunt and its never happened before and on the jeep its says the name of the restraunt and he was in the loading bay designated to there! we think it was some1 new once i have a minute in work im goin to make my way up to the loading bay and take a pic or get him to!

and cars/vans over 3 tonnes are not allowed park in loading bays the designated for commerical car/jeeps and vans not trucks!

No, that's fair enough. I can see where your friend is coming from also as he could argue that he was using it for loading / unloading but imo once he was finished loading, his jeep should have been moved to another normal parking spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

i was once in court for a parking ticket and a man before me was arguing that he was parked in a loading bay out side his wine shop the ticket man said he was there from 1130 till 330 untill they then decieded to give them the ticket the guy stated that he was in and out on deliverys all day the ticket man said with a tape he mesured the distance from the air gauge to the ground and it hadnt changed! the judge laughed at the ticket man for being so particular and said that he could of parked in the same position more then once the ticket man said it was unlikely a one in a million chance u wud get to the exact same postion to the cm more then once. long story short the judge trew it out of court and he got away scot free. and thats why i think we shudnt of been given a ticket!

So you were in court before for a parking offence..... Would ye not have learned from your previous mistakes and got on with it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

SARASON wrote: »
    Exactly. Loading bays are specifically for hgv and other trucks to use as they need room for tail lifts etc. I think jeep drivers should park elsewhere.
    eh ehere did you hear this then??? completly wrong, loading bays are for commercial vehicles, vans, car vans, jeeps ect not trucks!! did you just make that up:confused::D
    cabrwab wrote: »
    But i have heard all loading bays are 30mins regardless of signs or not that was from a member an garda.
    I have learned not to pay too much attention to a garda about some things, this being 1, if a sign put up by the council says you can park for 1 hr or 2 hrs thats what the time is, no matter what the garda might have to say about it!

• Advertisement

So you were in court before for a parking offence..... Would ye not have learned from your previous mistakes and got on with it.:rolleyes:
    man ur not reading the previous posts, its her mate!:D

man ur not reading the previous posts, its her mate!:D

She said we. We will go to court. I know the law inside out. I cannot give legal advice here though.

yes all parking bays are given a different time frame most just parking for car ones are three hours then car must be removed for at least one hour before returning to the same street! its all a bit silly imo

She said we. We will go to court. I know the law inside out. I cannot give legal advice here though.

well i kinda ment him...he wanted to just pay the 60euro but i think its silly to just pay without even looking into it and if it turns out hes in the wrong then he can go ahead and pay!

post no 13 from page 1, below;)
    Well its not actually my jeep the person who had it asked me to post on here for him but that doesnt really matter..

• Advertisement

i was once in court for a parking ticket and a man before me was arguing that he was parked in a loading bay out side his wine shop the ticket man said he was there from 1130 till 330 untill they then decieded to give them the ticket the guy stated that he was in and out on deliverys all day the ticket man said with a tape he mesured the distance from the air gauge to the ground and it hadnt changed! the judge laughed at the ticket man for being so particular and said that he could of parked in the same position more then once the ticket man said it was unlikely a one in a million chance u wud get to the exact same postion to the cm more then once. long story short the judge trew it out of court and he got away scot free. and thats why i think we shudnt of been given a ticket!

:D

:D

well i ment he shud go to court apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

stirctly speaking its the driver who gets the ticket....if I was the owner, I wouldnt pay anyway...

corktina wrote: »
    stirctly speaking its the driver who gets the ticket....if I was the owner, I wouldnt pay anyway...

i dont get u the driver is the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

As far as I know, it's 30 minutes unless stated otherwise.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that time is also allowed for sorting paperwork (so not actively loading).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i dont get u the driver is the owner?

you said YOU got a ticket in the OP and "Well its not actually my jeep the person who had it asked me to post on here for him but that doesnt really " later.....

Im confused now

corktina wrote: »
    you said YOU got a ticket in the OP and "Well its not actually my jeep the person who had it asked me to post on here for him but that doesnt really " later.....

Im confused now

ups musta said that by mistake my bad :rolleyes::o:rolleyes:

Advertisement