Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loading bays dun laoghaire rathdown CC

Options
  • 28-07-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I got a ticket for parking in a loading bay for over 30mins in a good vehicle now by my understanding i could stay parked in a loading bay for up to two hours i was still loading when the ticket was given. im wondering if any one has any information on this and who i would ring to despute paying this im pretty annoyed at the fact i got this and do not want to pay 40euro.:mad::mad:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

id check the sign first off as some of them do say "max stay 30 mins". If your good then a quick call or letter into the issuing office should sort ya out if ya can prove u were delivering ie. have a copy of your delivery docket or that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

When you say you parked your good vehicle is that a little mercedes or beemer car.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

sophie1234 wrote: »
    I got a ticket for parking in a loading bay for over 30mins in a good vehicle now by my understanding i could stay parked in a loading bay for up to two hours

AFAIK it depends on the County Council as to how long you can stay in the loading bay so it differs from council to council, there is no fixed rule. I'm not sure if they are supposed to write this on the loading bay signs.

Surprised you got it while still unloading, still can't beat one of the lads at work who was sitting in the back of the van when it was clamped! happened 3 years ago, still gets a slagging off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

freighter wrote: »
    When you say you parked your good vehicle is that a little mercedes or beemer car.

well thats not funny.............
    well i was unloading things bought in musgraves for a restruant it was outside the restruant and the name of the restruant is on the jeep.........im just annoyed as the loading bay has no limited times just that its between 8am to 7pm..

• Advertisement

ah it was a bit funny in fairness:D

If there are no specified time restrictions just fight it, if its exactly as you say it is then you should be ok! the people in the council offices are usually ok to deal with in my area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

aha a jeep...what tax would you have on that? If its taxed as a commercial its a different matter to if its taxed private.

you mean is it a commercial or passanger jeep? if its taxed commercial it a commercial if its taxed privatly its a jeep and not a goods vehicle, like was said by th op- also she would have been fined for parking in a loading bay, not for parking there too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

well thats not funny.............
    well i was unloading things bought in musgraves for a restruant it was outside the restruant and the name of the restruant is on the jeep.........im just annoyed as the loading bay has no limited times just that its between 8am to 7pm..

It wasnt meant to be funny. As i thought another yuppie in a suv thinking they can park anywhere.:rolleyes:

someone have somethin against people who drive jeeps?????:D

• Advertisement

nothing at all.Just interested to know if it is taxed commercially. Lots of wardens have a blind spot on this and think anything bigger than a car can be ignored when in reality anything other than a commercially taxed vehicle LOADING OR UNLOADING should be booked (including eircom and ESB vans)

its tax as commerical and is a commerical jeep only has two seats. the ticket states that it is a commerical jeep but has parked for over 30minutes.....im just not sure who to ring on the matter.... now that i no i shud try fight it! :D

Well its not actually my jeep the person who had it asked me to post on here for him but that doesnt really matter..

its tax as commerical and is a commerical jeep only has two seats. the ticket states that it is a commerical jeep but has parked for over 30minutes.....im just not sure who to ring on the matter.... now that i no i shud try fight it! :D

Well its not actually my jeep the person who had it asked me to post on here for him but that doesnt really matter..

well its def a commercial and if it doesnt have a time limit on the bay and you were still loading then you have a good case to get this revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well if that's the case obviously the time limit is 30 mins - otherwise you should'nt have received a ticket.

corktina wrote: »
    well its def a commercial and if it doesnt have a time limit on the bay and you were still loading then you have a good case to get this revoked.
    defo, the people in the offices are usually alot easier to deal with than the parking inspectors on the street!
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Well if that's the case obviously the time limit is 30 mins - otherwise you should'nt have received a ticket.
    yeah but she doesnt think it says a time limit on the sign.

thats the first thing for your mate to do, just check the sign on the loading bay to make sure it doesnt say 30 mins max!! good luck wit it an let us know how ya's get on

but was 30 minutes DISPLAYED?

Thats wot she needs to find out first

i will check tomoro and take a picture of where the ticket was given and report back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

OP, Serious question and I hope you don't think I'm being smart here but how does it take two hours to unload a jeep which is parked directly in front of the premises being delivered to?

a fair question I guess....

• Advertisement

i never said it was being unloaded for 2 hours just over half an hour... i just thought that if u were a commercial car/jeep you could stay for up to two hours was only there for about 40/50 mins as he had to load some returns after unloading the jeep and had to sort out a few things..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

i never said it was being unloaded for 2 hours just over half an hour... i just thought that if u were a commercial car/jeep you could stay for up to two hours was only there for about 40/50 mins as he had to load some returns after unloading the jeep and had to sort out a few things..

Sorry, wasn't trying to be smart, just wondering what the law is regarding if a commercial vehicle is parked but not being loaded / unloaded.

If any commercial could park there, then surely this would lead to issues where people with commercial vehicles could just use these as a handy parking spot while they go about other business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dools2007 wrote: »
    Sorry, wasn't trying to be smart, just wondering what the law is regarding if a commercial vehicle is parked but not being loaded / unloaded.

If any commercial could park there, then surely this would lead to issues where people with commercial vehicles could just use these as a handy parking spot while they go about other business.

Exactly. Loading bays are specifically for hgv and other trucks to use as they need room for tail lifts etc. I think jeep drivers should park elsewhere.

they DO exactly that anyway.... check out Patrick St Cork, the most abused and under-regulated set of loading bays I know of.... ESB/ eircom and other services vans everywhere who arent loading/unloading, just parked and the very worst offenders (sorry OP) 4WDs, many of whom are farmers and the like taking advantage and gone shopping.. These bays should be closley monitored to ensure that vehicles are only there for the duration of a load/unload and delivery into (or out of) the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I would imagine that the warden saw you parked there for longer than 30 mintues, so no activity, and assumed you had just parked there and left the jeep. As has been said contact the council and explain yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

OP, Serious question and I hope you don't think I'm being smart here but how does it take two hours to unload a jeep which is parked directly in front of the premises being delivered to?

if there was a stairs and a trolley involved it could easily take that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Happened to me in Ennis, said max stay 30 mins on sign but was in and out of a nearby building, got held up, stayed longer and was ticketed.
    Did argue my case but absolutely no joy out of it, just paid it in the end since taking it further would have been too much hassle and potentially more costly in the end.
    To be fair, loading bays are for someone to pull up, take stuff out, deliver it and drive off, it doesn't always work that way in a perfect world of course and most traffic wardens (in Ennis at least) take that into consideration.
    Unfortunately if one of them wants to apply the rules as written down without consideration, there's little that can be done, you're over 30 mins, you're pretty much boned there.

i no ur wernt being smart :-) didnt think ya were the persons just really annoyed as he owns the restraunt and its never happened before and on the jeep its says the name of the restraunt and he was in the loading bay designated to there! we think it was some1 new once i have a minute in work im goin to make my way up to the loading bay and take a pic or get him to!

and cars/vans over 3 tonnes are not allowed park in loading bays the designated for commerical car/jeeps and vans not trucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

i no ur wernt being smart :-) didnt think ya were the persons just really annoyed as he owns the restraunt and its never happened before and on the jeep its says the name of the restraunt and he was in the loading bay designated to there! we think it was some1 new once i have a minute in work im goin to make my way up to the loading bay and take a pic or get him to!

and cars/vans over 3 tonnes are not allowed park in loading bays the designated for commerical car/jeeps and vans not trucks!

As you say it might be a new warden who saw the jeep parked there too long, and seeing the name on the jeep might have assumed that the owner of the restaurant might use the loading bay as his own personal parking space.

Of course, Im just guessing :p Youll know more when you talk to the council.

• Advertisement

Happened to me in Ennis, said max stay 30 mins on sign but was in and out of a nearby building, got held up, stayed longer and was ticketed.
    Did argue my case but absolutely no joy out of it, just paid it in the end since taking it further would have been too much hassle and potentially more costly in the end.
    To be fair, loading bays are for someone to pull up, take stuff out, deliver it and drive off, it doesn't always work that way in a perfect world of course and most traffic wardens (in Ennis at least) take that into consideration.
    Unfortunately if one of them wants to apply the rules as written down without consideration, there's little that can be done, you're over 30 mins, you're pretty much boned there.

i was once in court for a parking ticket and a man before me was arguing that he was parked in a loading bay out side his wine shop the ticket man said he was there from 1130 till 330 untill they then decieded to give them the ticket the guy stated that he was in and out on deliverys all day the ticket man said with a tape he mesured the distance from the air gauge to the ground and it hadnt changed! the judge laughed at the ticket man for being so particular and said that he could of parked in the same position more then once the ticket man said it was unlikely a one in a million chance u wud get to the exact same postion to the cm more then once. long story short the judge trew it out of court and he got away scot free. and thats why i think we shudnt of been given a ticket!

Advertisement