Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Government Conspiracy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Audiomad wrote: »
    The buying of the shop had been reported on the RTE news

THEY DIDN'T BUY IT!!!! :mad: They took control of the operations of the company as Arnotts were unable to meet it's obligations.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

No.

In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction, a general slowdown in economic activity over a period of time.[1][2] During recessions, many macroeconomic indicators vary in a similar way. Production as measured by Gross Domestic Product (GDP), employment, investment spending, capacity utilization, household incomes, business profits and inflation all fall during recessions; while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.

Recessions are generally believed to be caused by a widespread drop in spending.

Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    THEY DIDN'T BUY IT!!!! :mad: They took control of the operations of the company as Arnotts were unable to meet it's obligations.

Thats your opinion and as a civil person I will accept your opinion.

It's a fact not opinion. Repeating the same rubbish doesn't make it true. If they did buy it :rolleyes: how much did Anglo pay? :rolleyes:

It's a fact not opinion. Repeating the same rubbish doesn't make it true. If they did buy it :rolleyes: how much did Anglo pay? :rolleyes:

You would need to ask them I doubt they would give you an answer because they would not want you to know how much has been used to bail them out on top of the cost of the shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

15100.strip.gif

You would need to ask them I doubt they would give you an answer because they would not want you to know how much has been used to bail them out on top of the cost of the shop!

:D Hilarious. You really have no idea what you are on about....but it sure is funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

and actually the population is more near 6million

No, it is 4,239,848:

CSO QuickTables - CNA13 - Population 1901 - 2006

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The buying of the shop had been reported on the RTE news

Maybe this is what you are thinking about:

Arnotts could be sold for €1 as banks tighten grip - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

but it sure is funny :pac:

Shouldn't laugh at retards.Bad manners so I'm told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Opinion
    –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.
    4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
    5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
    6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

—Synonyms
    1. persuasion, notion, idea, impression. Opinion, sentiment, view are terms for one's conclusion about something. An opinion is a belief or judgment that falls short of absolute conviction, certainty, or positive knowledge; it is a conclusion that certain facts, ideas, etc., are probably true or likely to prove so: political opinions; an opinion about art; In my opinion this is true. Sentiment (usually pl. ) refers to a rather fixed conviction, usually based on feeling or emotion rather than reasoning: These are my sentiments. View is an estimate of something, an intellectual judgment, a critical survey based on a mental examination, particularly of a public matter: views on governmental planning

Fact
    1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
    2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
    3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
    4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
    5. Law . Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
    —Idioms
    6. after the fact, Law . after the commission of a crime: an accessory after the fact.
    7. before the fact, Law . prior to the commission of a crime: an accessory before the fact.
    8. in fact, actually; really; indeed: In fact, it was a wonder that anyone survived.

Thought this might be of use to you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Scarab80

K-9 wrote: »

They are government figures you can't trust them!

http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airport/latest-news/270410_2009results.html
    Passenger volumes at Dublin Airport declined by 13% to 20.5 million last year, the first annual fall in traffic at the airport since 1991. Passenger volumes at Cork Airport declined by 15% to just under 2.8 million last year, as it also saw its first decline in traffic since 1991.

So there are at least 23 million people in the country, and that's just the people that go to the airport, more tax money for the government!

Also less people going to the airport shows that we are definitely still in recession and that Anglo bought Arnotts!

INVESTIGATE!! WAKE UP!!

Scarab80 wrote: »

So there are at least 23 million people in the country, and that's just the people that go to the airport, more tax money for the government!

Also less people going to the airport shows that we are definitely still in recession and that Anglo bought Arnotts!

INVESTIGATE!! WAKE UP!!

You do realise that this does not mean there are 23million people living in ireland don't you??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

coco1981 wrote: »
    You do realise that this does not mean there are 23million people living in ireland don't you??

No it doesn't! It is undeniable proof that there are at least 23 million in the country!

You need to take your head out of the sand and stop trusting the government controlled media which claims there are 4.2 million!

WAKE UP!

Ok people you seem to know it all!

You actually trust the Government? Thats funny!
    Maybe this is what you are thinking about:

Arnotts could be sold for €1 as banks tighten grip - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Wow have you added the 22 BN for Anglo, have you thought about how arnotts has not been repoed for owning 250 million. that €1 is a false figure as the cost of the property and stock would make up a lot more than the €1 even after clearing most of the Debts the Brand its self is worth money.
    wake up!
    No, it is 4,239,848:
    those figures do not mention the Chinese community here "The Chinese community has always been secretive here not all births are mentioned" or the people just after moving to Ireland, or the people on visa's add it all up!
    phantom_lord
    You got your answer don't think you have much more to contribute!
    Hilarious. You really have no idea what you are on about....but it sure is funny

Really investigate check over you Government paid RTE news you might actually see the references to the shop being bought.

Anglo has no money get it, they cant secure arnotts what you see and what the truth is are completely different things!!!

Scarab80 wrote: »

INVESTIGATE!! WAKE UP!!
    yekahs wrote: »
    No it doesn't! It is undeniable proof that there are at least 23 million in the country!

You need to take your head out of the sand and stop trusting the government controlled media which claims there are 4.2 million!

WAKE UP!

:o Sorry just got the joke now :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

those figures do not mention the Chinese community here "The Chinese community has always been secretive here not all births are mentioned"

BAHAHAHA! I thought I wasn't going to be having this much of a laugh since mysterious got banned!

Seriously?! You think "secret chinese babies" could make up for the 2 million additional people who you claim live in the country? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Scarab80

yekahs wrote: »

WAKE UP!

And what about the people who take boats???

I hear the Chinese use boats lots, in fact one time they were known as the boat people!

those figures do not mention the Chinese community here "The Chinese community has always been secretive here not all births are mentioned" or the people just after moving to Ireland, or the people on visa's add it all up!

you said the population was nearer to 6 million. Do you really think the above goes anywhere near making up the 1,760,152 difference between your figures and the CSO figures?? Or can you admit you were wrong?

Wow have you added the 22 BN for Anglo, have you thought about how arnotts has not been repoed for owning 250 million. that €1 is a false figure as the cost of the property and stock would make up a lot more than the €1 even after clearing most of the Debts the Brand its self is worth money.
    wake up!

Well, unless you have access to the latest Accounts and financial information, I'll reserve my own judgement. Unfortunately that is what the owners shareholdings are worth when you take account of the €300 Million debt. The problem isn't the brand or the shop itself, it's the loans taken out to buy other properties in the area.

Basically, Arnotts became property developers.
    Audiomad wrote:

1.8 Million odd?
    Audiomad wrote:
    Really investigate check over you Government paid RTE news you might actually see the references to the shop being bought.

Anglo has no money get it, they cant secure arnotts what you see and what the truth is are completely different things!!!

Well, the Independent article differs. It probably will be bought, but it hasn't until the EU clears it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

You know I've been proven wrong in this forum on a number of occasions and while i can't say I enjoyed it I certainly learned something from it. It really is quite obvious you have no idea whatsoever about many of the topics you post about, which isn't a crime, but sweet jesus man at least make some attempt to learn from it.

K-9 wrote: »
    1.8 Million odd?

Add the Polish and all the other Europeans living here!

meglome wrote: »
    You know I've been proven wrong in this forum on a number of occasions and while i can't say I enjoyed it I certainly learned something from it. It really is quite obvious you have no idea whatsoever about many of the topics you post about, which isn't a crime, but sweet jesus man at least make some attempt to learn from it.

Prove me wrong, All you seem to do is focus on Aer Lingus, Anglo and Arnotts, nothing to say about people loosing their homes, how the health care system is being destroyed with cuts, and how they can build new motor ways when money is needed else where!!!

These questions are for you all!!

Prove me wrong, All you seem to do is focus on Aer Lingus, Anglo and Arnotts, nothing to say about people loosing their homes, how the health care system is being destroyed with cuts, and how they can build new motor ways when money is needed else where!!!

These questions are for you all!!

You are the one who brought up Anglo, Aer Lingus and Arnotts!!!!

House repossessions are very unfortunate but they are relatively few. Compared to other coutries Ireland has one of the lowest repossession rates in the world. I mean what do you propose to do with someone who is not paying back their loan??

coco1981 wrote: »
    you said the population was nearer to 6 million. Do you really think the above goes anywhere near making up the 1,760,152 difference between your figures and the CSO figures?? Or can you admit you were wrong?

Those figures where for 2006 there are 4 years between! the last few years is when the country saw its biggest growth because of Spanish, French, Polish, Pakistani and even Argentinian coming to live here!

just wondering if the reason you don't seem to like the fact I talk out against the Government is that Boards.ie was founded by NUI Galways students and NUI Galway gets a lot of investment from Fianna Fail!?

http://www.fiannafail.ie/news/entry/major-government-funding-to-build-galways-smart-economy-fahey/

http://www.socs.nuigalway.ie/society_profiles/view/43

Maybe Boards.ie is not really for the Irish people but those who support Fianna Fail!?

And as stated by humanji in our little pm's as he said free speech and freedom of expression are not allowed on the site! sounds like communism to me!

You are the one who brought up Anglo, Aer Lingus and Arnotts!!!!

House repossessions are very unfortunate but they are relatively few. Compared to other coutries Ireland has one of the lowest repossession rates in the world. I mean what do you propose to do with someone who is not paying back their loan??

pause all small loans and give people a chance how can they pay when there are no jobs!

600 is not a small number 1 is even to much do you not think! look how many houses and apartments are vacant too!

pause all small loans and give people a chance how can they pay when there are no jobs!

600 is not a small number 1 is even to much do you not think! look how many houses and apartments are vacant too!

Do you pause loans for multi millionaires as well or for people who can well afford them? Or just for someone who can't pay? You do realise that under the Bank Guarantee scheme Bank's can't take any legal action against people for up to a year once they stop paying?? Any repossessions are generally against people who have not paid for a long time.

Do you pause loans for multi millionaires as well or for people who can well afford them? Or just for someone who can't pay? You do realise that under the Bank Guarantee scheme Bank's can't take any legal action against people for up to a year once they stop paying?? Any repossessions are generally against people who have not paid for a long time.

say all loans up to €250,000 this will increase spending and will in fact help small and large business, what makes the difference between the millionaires and those who can not afford to pay the loans back is money those with money don't need to worry while everyone else does.

and as stated in the original post
    The RTE has in no way investigated how many people have had to give their kids less and less food for the choice of hunger or losing their homes because of the banks failures.

That bank guarantee scheme does not take into account that for the next 4 years there will be no massive amounts of jobs for people its just wont make any difference! people still will not have the funds to pay for property which has also been devalued!

With the extra funding that pausing small loans would also create jobs as more staff would be needed in shops, call centres and others!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

You got your answer don't think you have much more to contribute!

I don't think you understand that when economists talk about recessions they're not using the definition from wikipedia.

And as stated by humanji in our little pm's as he said free speech and freedom of expression are not allowed on the site! sounds like communism to me!

No it doesn't, maybe you should look up what that means too?

say all loans up to €250,000

Who's going to cover the cost of that?

• Advertisement

I don't think you understand that when economists talk about recessions they're not using the definition from wikipedia.

No they choose to use definitions of their own to cover them selfs from blame! look it up in the word recession in the dictionary!
    No it doesn't, maybe you should look up what that means too?

So your saying communism was about free speech and freedom of expression?
    Who's going to cover the cost of that?

The people who took the loans, pausing it does not mean someone else has to cover the cost!

Advertisement