Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Great episode, fantastic ending, also like others im in love with Donna

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best show on TV this summer.

David Costabile has to get a nod for best supporting actor during the next awards season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That episode was perhaps the best I've seen of any TV show this year.
    The fact that Donna is back, even only for short while, gave me some relief, Mike sort of switching alliances, even though it is to help Harvey, should make it interesting to see who he sides with when it comes down to the Pearson vs Hardman.
    Cant wait for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

That was an incredible episode! Lewis was soooo good especially when he was arguing with Harvey in the bathroom. So much emotion when he shouted.

Reginald? :D

Mike was really slick on the polygraph too.

Looks like Donna will definitely be back as Harvey's assistant next week. Flashback episode, presumeably to show the downfall of Hardman.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Best episode of the show so far absolutely flew by. I wonder if this show had had a completely different cast would it bomb. I think the cast of suits fit the show perfectly right down to harold

• Advertisement

Wow, next week looks fantastic! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sheila06

I have to get into suits. Heard it is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I have never enjoyed flashback episodes in TV shows but I can't wait for the Suits flashback!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Mr E wrote: »
    Wow, next week looks fantastic! :eek:
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but its 2 weeks time:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Brilliant episode

As said above, Lewis was brilliant in his argument in the bathroom. That's just picking one scene though

Show of the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

shouldn't donna be in for more punishment then just losing her job?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Am I the only one that has a suspicion that Donna didn't really shred the document? (a) It's way out of character and she's smart enough to know it causes a lot more problems than it solves, and (b) If she didn't shred the document - and produces it before the trial - then she has a way in to get her job back.

Probably a good bet..... we never saw her shred it (just a few attempts!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

shouldn't donna be in for more punishment then just losing her job?

She might well be - which is why she's engaged an attorney and was pleading the fifth in the mock trail. That's if she shredded the document.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Have to agree with the above, best episode of the series for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so all these dramatics are to trap hartman into something

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I finally caught up with Suits, only yo find I have to wait two weeks for the flashback episode. At least Donna returned looking as good as always!

explode.gifexplode.gifexplode.gifexplode.gifexplode.gifexplode.gifexplode.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What what what? Why is there a two week break?

Mc Love wrote: »
    What what what? Why is there a two week break?

Every site I look at (plus that youtube clip) says the next episode is next week (August 9th).

http://www.epguides.com/suits/
    http://www.tv.com/shows/suits-2011/rewind-2507967/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2305044/
    http://www.tvrage.com/Suits/episode_list

don ramo is the only one who says otherwise. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Every site I look at (plus that youtube clip) says the next episode is next week (August 9th).

http://www.epguides.com/suits/
    http://www.tv.com/shows/suits-2011/rewind-2507967/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2305044/
    http://www.tvrage.com/Suits/episode_list

don ramo is the only one who says otherwise. :)
    i thought it said 2 weeks, must have been think of White Collar and Covert Affairs, watched all of them around the same time and their on the same channel so i just assumed all their shows would take a break together,

my bad, but arent ye happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dunno. I like the show I just wish they would stay within the realm of reality a bit more. No firm would conduct a mock trial like that. And we have had several. No room full of adults would have let Louis wade into Donna like that. I know it's just a conduit for some good story telling and compelling scenes for the viewer but it just takes me out of the show. It's too hammy.

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. More law suits please. Less fake trials. A smidge more Damages and a smidge less Ally McBeal. kThxBye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Kirby wrote: »
    Dunno. I like the show I just wish they would stay within the realm of reality a bit more. No firm would conduct a mock trial like that. And we have had several. No room full of adults would have let Louis wade into Donna like that. I know it's just a conduit for some good story telling and compelling scenes for the viewer but it just takes me out of the show. It's too hammy.

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. More law suits please. Less fake trials. kThxBye.

I'm sure law firms do practice mock trials, in order to test the viability of their argument. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mock_trial#Practical_Mock_Trials

Yes, I know they do. But they look nothing like that. :)

Kirby wrote: »

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. More law suits please. Less fake trials. A smidge more Damages and a smidge less Ally McBeal. kThxBye.
    louis had to channel the firms opponent, someone who isnt gonna take it easy on any of them especially donna, and i would be highly surprised if law firms didnt do mock trials, sus out different scenarios that can pop up during a trial, push people around, cause if you cant handle your friends tearing you apart around friends then whats gonna happen in a courtroom full of people,

You are missing the point I'm making.

Law firms do conduct mock situations but they don't look like that. And no court is going to entertain a lawyer screaming a line of questioning at a witness about whether or not they love a defendant involving an evidence tampering trial. The judge would tell them to cop on to themselves and any lawyer would just embarrass themselves.

Yes, it's tv and all that but it just made me cringe a bit. I like the show so there is no need to white knight me here. I just think occassionally it get's too high school schmaltzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

One thing that does bother me is that in the real world, you wouldn't be charging around into people's offices and making settlement deals in the space of a few days. You'd usually send a letter to the opposition's solicitors asking for information, and then wait a week or two for them to formulate a response. Then you'd probably send them another letter.

Then I remember that would make a really shitty TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Newaglish wrote: »
    One thing that does bother me is that in the real world, you wouldn't be charging around into people's offices and making settlement deals in the space of a few days. You'd usually send a letter to the opposition's solicitors asking for information, and then wait a week or two for them to formulate a response. Then you'd probably send them another letter.

US law firms work a whole lot faster than Solicitors' offices.

Newaglish wrote: »

i would not be impressed if i was paying a guy $1000 dollars an hour for my case to be dragged out for years, and that's probably low for top firms,

i didn't realize so many people on boards had passed the BAR and worked for sullivan and cromwell:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Brilliant episode from last night - now begs the question wwmd? Rachel or Jenny? Jenny was stunning in last nights show, but Rachel is such a stunner...i dont think I could choose!

And Donna is going to make a comeback. Is Daniel in a bit of a bother? Saw the preview for next week show too and its going to be a blast

Advertisement