Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

good to know Rachel is a sure thing:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay, so I'm sad for Rachel but at the same time I'm happy she's not going to college! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

do the suits intros remind you of this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Nice choice of music at the end too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Louis has really gone a way to redeem himself IMO. Considering at the end of the mid season he was a complete dick, he's really trying to make up for it.

Really nice touch taking the blame for Rachel not getting in rather than telling her the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I'm assuming Rachel will go to another College and will be able to work for Pearson because they'll no longer have the same recruitment policy due to the new firm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I know people here aren't going to agree with me but I'm starting to like Rachel more than Donna :o

what a snob rachel is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

what a snob rachel is
    :confused: do you not understand why she needs Harvard?

miralize wrote: »
    :confused: do you not understand why she needs Harvard?

she can go work some where else where she won't be surrounded by other snobs

• Advertisement

she can go work some where else where she won't be surrounded by otherr snobs

not a fan of the show then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Unless she ends up studying part time and still working at Pearson during the day, for the purposes of the TV show I can't see her ever going to college. She'd basically be gone for four years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I like Suits and all and freaked next week is the season finale but does anyone else find Suits very predictable?

nbar12 wrote: »
    I like Suits and all and freaked next week is the season finale but does anyone else find Suits very predictable?

Perhaps it is but the plot isn't the only good thing about the show..

The constant pop culture references, hilarious office banter and the characters alone make it a great show.

Oh, and
    Rachel
    Donna
    Catrina
    Louise
    Harvey
    Harveys **** buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

TheStook wrote: »

The constant pop culture references, hilarious office banter and the characters alone make it a great show.

Oh, and
    Rachel
    Donna
    Catrina
    Louise
    Harvey
    Harveys **** buddy

Love how you put Harvey in there, and on top of (pun intended? :p) his FB :D

TheStook wrote: »

Oh, and
    Rachel
    Donna
    Catrina
    Louise
    Harvey
    Harveys **** buddy

I assume you mean Louis? I was reading through the list then wondering who Louise is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I still think a time jump is coming at some point in the show. Maybe not now as Rachel was rejected from Harvard but I can see them skipping the four years it would take and her returning as an associate in the future. Maybe after season 3.

It's the best way for her character to progress without bogging the show down. She can't stay the gooey eyed paralegal forever.

Kirby wrote: »
    I still think a time jump is coming at some point in the show. Maybe not now as Rachel was rejected from Harvard but I can see them skipping the four years it would take and her returning as an associate in the future. Maybe after season 3.

It's the best way for her character to progress without bogging the show down. She can't stay the gooey eyed paralegal forever.

and also i do think Mike is gonna end up going to harvard at some point also, i dont know how long they can keep that storyline going for, constantly falling back on the fact hes not qualified,

Rachel can just spend the next year or two bulking up her harvard application, and then, say at the end of season 4, head off to harvard with mike, and then season 5 can be set 4 years later, with loads of drama to boot,

It might actually be good to see a time jump. Not only would we see progression from Mike and Rachel, but the other characters too.

For instance, imagine Harvey as a father, and the 4 years of dealing with that, and hows it's changed him. Is he a different lawyer as a father etc...

It would just allow them to refresh the show a bit. I'm not saying that I'd want it, but it might be interesting if the writers had a good plan.

Yeah I wouldn't object to a time jump, as long as its post season 3. There's a LOT they could do with it. Harvey as a father would certainly be very interesting!

This is the hottest show on Tv right now Imo, and I watch a hell of a lot of tv programmes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The most recent episode more than any other made me realise how much I actually dislike Mike. He's an ass. Rachel, you can do sooooo much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

DeWitt wrote: »
    The most recent episode more than any other made me realise how much I actually dislike Mike. He's an ass. Rachel, you can do sooooo much better.

And when he was ragging out catriona he looked like a boy giving lip to his mother

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I love the show but the whole ploy about Mike not having a degree is getting too much. At the start it was cool as it was a bit of a secret and you could see the appeal. Now the fact that Jessica knows and that she is so protective about her firm, there is no way that she would let Mike practice Law illegally.

I also don't get why they are so anal about Harvard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭squonk

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I love the show but the whole ploy about Mike not having a degree is getting too much. At the start it was cool as it was a bit of a secret and you could see the appeal. Now the fact that Jessica knows and that she is so protective about her firm, there is no way that she would let Mike practice Law illegally.

I also don't get why they are so anal about Harvard.

Agree that Mike's situation is become stupid. I'm surprised there isn't a sub plot underway or in the works pushing him towards Harvard. Jessica probably doesn't want to fire him because it'd piss off Harvey. Mind you, given it looks like Harvey fires Mike himself in the preview for next week, it does make it seem sillier - but previews are never trustworthy for Suits.

For a 1-2 season lifespan show, the 'never been within an asses roar of getting a law degree' fad worked for Mike but the show has turned into something wildly more successful than I think any of us could have expected at the very beginning so it's time now that they grew Mike up and sent him to Harvard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Surely if he up and went to Harvard now that would just raise loads of questions?

Newaglish wrote: »
    Surely if he up and went to Harvard now that would just raise loads of questions?

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure there would be a lot of legal issues like how he 's practicing without a degree, they knowingly kept him on, etc. I'm sure that constitutes fraud at least.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure there would be a lot of legal issues like how he 's practicing without a degree, they knowingly kept him on, etc. I'm sure that constitutes fraud at least.

Or he could get caught and be forced to go to community college where he shall meet a very interesting study group.

Community reference to those who don't watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭squonk

CastorTroy wrote: »

It does highlight a flaw in the show when you think about it. You'd have to think that the firm are kinda going to get screwed either way as I'd think one of two scenarios has to happen....

1. Mike gets caught, has to go to college. Firm get screwed for hiring a non qualified lawyer
    2. Mike goes to college. Other employees/previous adversaries realise he can't have been qualified previously though practicing. Firm gets screwed for hiring a non qualified lawyer.

If I was Jessica I'd be definitely sitting Harvey down for a heart to heart, especially after all the hassle Hardman has just caused.

as much i do think mike should go to harvard, as long as they say noting noting will happen, they just cant hire anyone of mikes supposed classmates, didnt that hacker chick from season one hack into harvard and put mike in their records and give him his qualification certificate,

i do wonder at times how they plan on resolving this scenario without the firm going to the wall in any way, the best way is for the firm to go to the wall and mike go to college else-ware and then be hired by a new firm that harvey has set-up in the meantime,

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    as much i do think mike should go to harvard, as long as they say noting noting will happen, they just cant hire anyone of mikes supposed classmates, didnt that hacker chick from season one hack into harvard and put mike in their records and give him his qualification certificate,

i do wonder at times how they plan on resolving this scenario without the firm going to the wall in any way, the best way is for the firm to go to the wall and mike go to college else-ware and then be hired by a new firm that harvey has set-up in the meantime,

Mike is proof that you can be an excellent lawyer without Harvard though. He may be the catalyst to drive change to Pearson-*insert name here*

Advertisement