Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC4 9pm Tonight - Ride of My Life: The Story of the Bicycle

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

fat bloke wrote: »
    Anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable with the adulation for a cyclist who had no issue with use and indeed over-use of performance enhancing drugs? :(

sure, didnt see the program though.

however, take Fausto Coppi, the guy is lauded as a saint in Italy, symbolising the recovery of Italian pride post the second world war, and he took drugs (e.g. la bomba) openly. I think there is probably a difference of perspective over drugs cheats from decades ago, when attitudes were different to the current day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seve65 wrote: »
    sure, didnt see the program though.

however, take Fausto Coppi, the guy is lauded as a saint in Italy, symbolising the recovery of Italian pride post the second world war, and he took drugs (e.g. la bomba) openly. I think there is probably a difference of perspective over drugs cheats from decades ago, when attitudes were different to the current day.

and lets be honest the drugs were waaay less effective pre EPO

Advertisement