Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest type of people to deal with

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Rudest people to deal with ?
    Easily racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The French.
    Surprised they hadnt been mentioned yet.

Yep the worst of the lot, hate every one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

shampon wrote: »
    Toffs from rich affluent areas with their "I'm better then you" attitude

jealousy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Tracksuit wearing knackers and West African men in their 20s. Rude and ignorant as fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Parents who bring there children into a bar/restaurant then let them run wild, annoying everyone in the place.

Worst is when the child does something to hurt themselves and the parent blame everybody else including other customers and the staff for not being more careful around their children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

cc87 wrote: »
    Parents who bring there children into a bar/restaurant then let them run wild, annoying everyone in the place.

Worst is when the child does something to hurt themselves and the parent blame everybody else including other customers and the staff for not being more careful around their children

This.

Once, I found a baby crawling through the kitchen in the restaurant I worked in. The place was quite big, so it took me a few minutes to find his parents who were both knocking back the wine and laughed it off when I returned their child :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

-Middle aged women - awful wannabe-rich annoying people altogether
    -Middle aged men - if they fall into the 'wannabe-rich' category. They seem to believe that if they act rude to staff, they appear wealthier.

Contrary to popular belief, in my experience, the 'D4 brigade' or 'skangers' are generally quite pleasant customers (bouncers remove the extremes at the door I presume)

I'm with you on that one.
    I've dealt with many rich people in hotels, some developers mostly. Lovely people, nicest customers you can meet.
    Likewise most ordinary people are fine too.

It's not the rich who concern me, it's those who think they are rich or trying to be appear that they are.
    If they talk down to staff they must be better then them......

And also, the African people in work are very pleasant indeed.
    African taxi drivers on the way home some nights, quite ignorant and arrogant indeed.

Very abrupt and ready to dispute anything over routes or the fare if you ask a question.
    Maybe it's their nature.
    But it's a customer service business (PSV, public service vehicle) so there should be a minimum of skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

1) Anyone that is "up their own hole" are going to be rude - eg. as posted before people who think they have money

2) Anyone afflicted by ignorance as they will try to cover up lack of intelligence with rudness eg. as posted before civil servants who dont have an idea what they are at

Now the majority of white South Africans who I have met are ignorant clowns who think they have money!

Car dismatlers as a rule are just busy men whose heads are wrecked :confused: by people asking them questions that they have to go find out the answer to.. just the nature of the job :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I've found scumbag knackers to be the rudest people to deal with.

No one disagrees

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

People on boards.ie........................

Sorry, I'll get my coat..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

I have found a very high proportion of white south africans who have moved here since the end of apartheid to be very difficult to deal with.

When I think about it maybe they are too used to getting their own way in their homeland, when they changed they moved on .........

Will probably take until the next generation to have that type of attitude discipated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

caseyann wrote: »
    Funny when i have done that previously got called a racist.

White South Africans know ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about racism dont they eh!!! :rolleyes:

I can instantly recall 4 i have come across in last 6 or 7 years that were w*nkers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

civil servants

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

When people start panicking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

drdeadlift wrote: »
    diplomats

I had a bollix in a Q7 with "CD" plates cut me up yesterday - very rude indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

"im not a racist but" black people....oh wait :O ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    jealousy :rolleyes:

you really just go around this forum looking for someone to retaliate don't ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

lizt wrote: »
    Completely disagree with the White South african comments. I have a white south african lecturer and she is so pleasant and helpful. I also just spent 3 weeks on a trip with two white girls from south Africa and neither of them had a mean bone in their body. I suppose it depends on who you meet but it's extremely unfair to tar all people from the nation who are white with the one brush.

Never tar all white South Africans with the same brush,they will have to sit in the back of the bus if you do!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Saft Hans

Young girls aged 13-18 who walk around in groups laughing and talking as loudly as they can.:mad:
    There is always one, the more popular one that the others follow around like dogs.:rolleyes:
    What really annoys me is when you meet them on a footpath and not one moves even slightly to the back or front as they don't want to move away from the "queen bee":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Hipsters -
    1. Snigger when you don't know who's the lead singer of some band that only sold 4 albums.
    2. Act as if they're more cultured than everyone else when they can't name the minister of finance.
    3. Don't understand the meaning of irony.
    4. Act so hard to seem as if they don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Sparticle wrote: »
    Hipsters -
    1. Snigger when you don't know who's the lead singer of some band that only sold 4 albums.
    2. Act as if they're more cultured than everyone else when they can't name the minister of finance.

I put up with these asshats in college.

"Well actually, I think Voltaire was onto something when he said blah, blah, blah, but Nietzche would disagree. In fact *cue 20 minute spiel on irrelevant bullsh1t*"

Oh yay, look at you. You can regurgitate Wikipedia and yet can't seem to learn basic social conventions. We were having a perfectly good chat fuckwad, which is now ruined by you learning off text verbatim without even bothering to understand it and having to throw it into conversations about the soaps, the weather or what my dog did yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Sparticle wrote: »
    Hipsters -

5. Will automatically turn on a band when they become even vaguely popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

some foreign national's are very very rude!!i have worked in retail and my god they can be rude!!i know irish people can be rude to but i have seen more from foreign nationals, and have taken alot aswell

no insult was meant is my post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I think a lot of that has to do with their home-culture. I was in New York last week and your average New Yorker is an impolite, snappy, pass-remarkable asshat.

Yet when you go into most shops and restaurants it's the most pleasant service you'll ever encounter.

its suck doesnt it !!! wish it was different though because one may give another a bad name if you get me

im glad the irish are nice because iv heard nothing but nice things about us weee heeyy hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Had a guy from o2 ringing me up this morning asking about changing my price plan. I said I'm grand with my Pay As You Go crap as I don't use my phone much and buy feck all credit for it anyways.

Him: "Well, why don't you use your phone more often?"
    Me: "Eh.........plenty of reasons I just...........don't"
    Him: "Why?"
    Me: "What are you trying to sell me anyways?"
    Him: "Better price plan to suit your needs, etc, etc"
    Me: "But I said I'm grand with what I have, I chose it for a reason. I've always been Pay As You Go for 10 years."
    Him: "But you'll save money"
    Me: "But I don't buy much credit, maybe €5 every 2 or 3 weeks..........maybe. Anyways, I send texts off your website!"
    Him: "But you'll save money if you sign up for this"
    Me: "I'm..........grand...........with...........what..........I.............have...........thanks"
    Him: "But do you not think you'll be better off signing up for this price package? You'll save €15 a month."
    Me: "I don't even spend €15 a month on my phone!"
    Him: ".............."
    Me: "..............."
    Him: "...........hello?"
    Me: "Yea, still here"
    You: "This package will suit your........"
    Me: "Look, ring me back in an hour to think about it"

I just didn't answer the call then :pac:

But yea, everyone is a cùnt. Customers and behind the counter folk, more-so customers as many seem to think I am the sole person responsible for all deliveries and management of whatever company I was working in.

Just say you don't own a phone. That'll confuse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

School care-takers! Don't ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Foreign nationals who come over in a huge group on tour holidays. They just seem to think that they can do what they want. I'd be often walking through town and there would be a large group of them up ahead and to try and pass them is a nightmare no amounts of sorry or excuse me will make them move. I know they might have no english but they can still see me struggling.

i just walk right though them , i dont care if they are in my way and wont be kind enough to make way , i just walk right through them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I just do windmill arms when I walk through groups like that. So really it's their own fault if they don't move out of the way :p

I worked for a Swiss man when I was living in Australia, what an unbelievably arrogant and rude man....he turned me off ever wanting to visit Switzerland (a place I had previously wanted to travel to)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement