Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest type of people to deal with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

People who make snide remarks on boards.ie. Usually little people with 'chips' on their shoulders. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

People with huge tar brushes. They're usually fairly rude.

The op did ask for opinions on groups of people not individuals, hence the need for the tarbrush. It's stereotyping but that's a necessary part of human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Adhamh

A job in retail does you good (not financially of course!) as you develop a kind of second skin after years of exposure to the arses of the world.

I agree with what has been posted already- the worst people in the world are the daft new-money middle-aged women who go shopping in stilletos at 8 am on a Sunday morning (I actually saw that) and ask you if you stock fromage de chevre without being able to pronounce it.

New-money Eastern European women also deserve a mention. Fair enough, they probably came from somewhere manky and made it big in the New World (or at least they dress like it) but they seem especially content to be rubbing it in the faces of all the other Poles etc sweeping the floors.

My experience with Africans is somewhere between what has been posted. Strangely, there's a big gender gap I think that isn't as pronounced with the others- African men are really, really nice and African women are rude, but only those middle-aged ones, the younger ones are the same as everyone else.

Also, confused and bitter old people, knackers, Dublin-hating countrymen. Pretty much everyone then.:D

On the other side of the counter, I think that people who work in bike shops tend to be kinda rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Middle aged women with scouls on their faces who push you out of the way so that they can get to the checkout quicker.
    Then they count out loose change and pack their bags and chat away like they are in no rush at all.

Why the hell did you shove me out of your way if you werent in a hurry?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Australians. Vulgar hooers, each and every one.

Exception - Ruby from Home & Away cos she's purdy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Keyboard warriors on forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

From experience, there's rude people in every single walk of life, so I'm not going to generalize. The best I can do, however, is people who have an inferiority complex in one way or another.
    Coming from an all girls school, I'd have to say bitchy women (be they 6, 26 or 60) are one of the rudest, meanest people I've ever had to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I disagree to be honest, there is a cumulative effect from this kind of reporting which, intentionally or otherwise builds up a perception of certain races/nationalities amongst the public.

The only time such details are warranted is when descriptions are required to help the gardai - otherwise I see it as no more relevant than the colour of ones shoes or the clothes one is wearing - the latter two pieces of information are never printed.

The rudest people i know are the political correctness brigade ready and waiting to stick their oar in at any given opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

changes wrote: »
    The rudest people i know are the political correctness brigade ready and waiting to stick their oar in at any given opportunity.

If you think that I'm politically correct, you are very much mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

The French.
    Surprised they hadnt been mentioned yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Some snobby people and some geriatrics, old fashioned people, some priests and some bus drivers as they can be very judgemental of people regardless. In Particular the English find them very rude compared to the Scotish who are lovely people. A few Europeans i.e. the Germans and the Greeks and French can be very rude and obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Customer care lines in general. I always feel that they don't actually care!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

How did I manage to forget about the annual plague of Spanish students!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

ah almost forgot - recruitment agencies! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

If you possess many of these characteristics you are probably interminably rude:

-Wear glasses.
    -Has pale skin, looks a bit like Sarah Palin.
    -Dress in inconspicuous yet subtly stylish clothes and glasses.
    -Use computers frequently.
    -Regularly drinks coffee and makes sure other people know this.
    -In or recently completed third level education.
    -Rarely seen without iPod in ears.
    -Atheistic in the most smug yet rancorous manner.
    -Personality is based largely on Friends characters.
    -Affected American inflection in their voice.
    -Exudes a sense that the individual considers the here and now to be the most important place and time in all of human history to have ever existed, almost contemptuous of the past now that we have iPods, TVs and polished kitchen countertops.
    -Eats tiny portions but takes forever to do so.
    -Feigns disgust at anything even less than pristine in order to cultivate a sense that the individual concerned has extraordinarily high standards, which is annoying whether it is or isn't the case, although it probably never is the case.
    -Lacks any athletic ability but thinks that she is in the 99th percentile in terms of fitness due to her trice weekly jogs, which are actually completed at an excruciatingly slow pace, wears lycra while jogging and acts like she thinks she is athletic for doing so.
    -Reads the Metro/Herald AM newspaper.
    -Laughs regularly but never for real.
    -Vegitarian and militant animal rights supporter.
    -Believes in acupuncture or aromatherapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

For me it's got to be the 'World Traveller', I'm sure you all know the type, they've been everywhere, seen everything, yada yada yada. No matter what you are having a conversation about, these people have a habit of flipping it on it's head so they can inject a little tale about one of their jaunts. It's both rude and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

diddledum wrote: »
    For me it's got to be the 'World Traveller', I'm sure you all know the type, they've been everywhere, seen everything, yada yada yada. No matter what you are having a conversation about, these people have a habit of flipping it on it's head so they can inject a little tale about one of their jaunts. It's both rude and boring.

I met one of those on a recent trip to the sudan ...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

iarnrod eireann workers at dublin station god forbid ya ask for directions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

irish people who sound English ( your not and its not big and clever )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

I met one of those on a recent trip to the sudan ...

Badum tish, maybe I'm just jealous because I've never been outside of Europe. Boy could I tell you a thing or two about my many Alpine adventures.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

Family members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

anti-venom wrote: »
    The op did ask for opinions on groups of people not individuals, hence the need for the tarbrush. It's stereotyping but that's a necessary part of human nature.

Sterotyping is far from being a necessary part of human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Those horrible excretions from the celtic tiger...people who think they are rich.

Recently in work a womans gold card was declined...."but its a gold card" says she in a pseudo-cnutlike - accent. "Doesnt matter" I said - "computer says no".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If you possess many of these characteristics you are probably interminably rude:

-Wear glasses.
    -Exudes a sense that the individual considers the here and now to be the most important place and time in all of human history to have ever existed, almost contemptuous of the past now that we have iPods, TVs and polished kitchen countertops.
    -Feigns disgust at anything even less than pristine in order to cultivate a sense that the individual concerned has extraordinarily high standards, which is annoying whether it is or isn't the case, although it probably never is the case.
    -Lacks any athletic ability but thinks that she is in the 99th percentile in terms of fitness due to her trice weekly jogs, which are actually completed at an excruciatingly slow pace, wears lycra while jogging and acts like she thinks she is athletic for doing so.

Ah, you mean a typical iPhone owner. Why didn't you just say so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

-Wear glasses.

Jesus, you must go through your life being awfully angry, pissed off and annoy with people. I once heard something wise said a few years ago, it went something like this, "often we hate or dislike the things we are the most".

Sort of like we recognise traits we immensely dislike in ourselves in other peoples actions and deeds.

Im not saying im a saint, i dislike my own lack of patience and i find myself repulsed witness others do. Its only later when i reflect on those actions i have witnessed that i realise that they are indeed things i do myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Jesus, you must go through your life being awfully angry, pissed off and annoy with people. I once heard something wise said a few years ago, it went something like this, "often we hate or dislike the things we are the most".

Sort of like we recognise traits we immensely dislike in ourselves in other peoples actions and deeds.

Im not saying im a saint, i dislike my own lack of patience and i find myself repulsed witness others do. Its only later when i reflect on those actions i have witnessed that i realise that they are indeed things i do myself.

Now that I think about it, he's taking the piss. That list has to be lifted from somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ancient Astronaut

Gardai
    Extremly rude and never listen to logical reasoning.
    Suffering from God complexes at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

german tourist:mad:...miserable shower of f*cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

prinz wrote: »
    Stereotypical generalisation based on personal experience: Northern Irish.

No way! I've found people in the North to be unbelievably nice - almost embarrassingly so. I think they are the friendliest folks on the island. But, then again, I'm not Irish; as a lady on the Enterprise told me "We're wonderful to guests and horrible to each other".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Confab wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, he's taking the piss. That list has to be lifted from somewhere else.

The list ain't lifted, and I am sort of taking the piss but not really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement