Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th July

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

I really enjoyed this episode, thought it was one of if not the best episode I ever saw.

Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise were highly entertaining and Cameron Diaz is serious eye candy!

The Veyron feature was brilliant and the Ayrton Senna feature gave me goosebumps.

Epic Episode!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Sitec wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this episode, thought it was one of if not the best episode I ever saw.

Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise were highly entertaining and Cameron Diaz is serious eye candy!

The Veyron feature was brilliant and the Ayrton Senna feature gave me goosebumps.

Epic Episode!

I agree. I thought the Senna piece was so unike a TG piece and it was a nice change. The start with Hammond in the ice has so been done before over and over again. You just know that they'll have a clip of the snow machine / snowboarder / mountain biker jumping over the car which doesn't make sense because they are heading the same direction.

I'm just wondering if Hammond would have done all that driving or was it a rally driver for some of the outside clips and was May really the driver in the Veyron doinh 417kph?

Surely their insurance and the car owners would be agianst them doing this?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I think the Senna piece was very old-style Top Gear, series 6/7-ish.

They do their own driving as far as I'm aware.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I really think that was the best episode ever juet said the very words to the wife - EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

BrianJD wrote: »
    I agree. I thought the Senna piece was so unike a TG piece and it was a nice change.

yes it was a nice change, i hope they do it again maybe colin mcrae the next time.. much better than those silly yawnfest features on mobile homes and amphibious cars:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

When will this be repeated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

After the relative silliness of last week that was fantastic.
    The Senna piece was mesmerising.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Great episode and Cameron Diaz... PHWOAR !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Great episode and Cameron Diaz... PHWOAR !!! :D

Next time some eye candy for the Ladies I hope! :D Nice 2 wheeler though Tom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    When will this be repeated?

I missed it as well :mad: anyone ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

BROADCASTS

Sun 25 Jul 20:00 BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))
    Sun 25 Jul 20:00 BBC HD
    Mon 26 Jul 19:00 BBC Two (England, Northern Ireland, Wales only)
    Mon 26 Jul 23:20 BBC Two (Scotland only)
    Wed 28 Jul 19:15 BBC Three
    Sat 31 Jul 20:15 BBC Three

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t8qfb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

:)It was a good show tonight and Tom and Cameron made it interesting as the star in the car is boring a lot of the time.
    Hammond in the snow was predictable and top gear have done it about 10 times.
    Senna bit was very enjoyable and i think they should do Colin McRae next.Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

One of that best shows they have done in the last few years and a fitting tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Really enjoyed this week's episode. The Bugatti and Senna pieces were excellent and the SIARPC was actually enjoyable, Cruise fùckin' nailed that lap along with going around a corner on 2 wheels.

Again, Hammond got the "meh" piece but I still liked it.

Much better episode that focused less on the goofy comedy. Wasn't expecting the Senna tribute but it was a nice change of pace and completely enthralling!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Senna piece was brilliant, and the siarpc was good, great time from cruise.

Snow race was dull as dishwater boring, and they basically just replayed the veyron piece from 2 or 3 series ago, and added a few k's to the speedometer.

Couldnt call it even close to being the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'm raging I missed it!! Have it set to record tomorrow though, so i'm already looking forward to that! I have to admit, i'm not a car person at all, although the bf is, but i love Top Gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Did Tom Cruise really put the car on two wheels for that long or was that a stunt done by someone else cos they didn't show inside the car or anything so im doubting tom did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭eire1990

Did anyone see top gear to night just watched it have to say best one in a while they had a buggati that 264mph and an incredible piece on ayrton senna who can only be described as a amzeing driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

missed it. is it repeated during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

top gear forum that way!
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭eire1990

i think its repeted on wensday not to sure if there is a top gear forum the mod can move it im too lazy to look for it now:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The snow was done before as was the Bugatti, but it was still amazing. Did Hammond do it last time?

The Senna piece was a fitting tribute. 5th to 1st in one lap!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Great episode this week, if only they could have cool guests every week for SIARPC rather than plodding through it.

In the Veyron piece they seemed to be play the same clip several times and I found that annoying.

The Senna piece was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Didn't think that much of the Senna piece tbh. Didn't rate the episode at all really, SIARPC was as good as SIARPC can be and the Senna video was OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

it was a crap episode

veyron bit done before basically
    stars were annoying whiney americans
    F1 bit not really suited to Top gear, why did they not just do it on the F1 buildup
    hammond piece was same old same old too

Its starting to get tedious I have to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

amacachi wrote: »
    Didn't think that much of the Senna piece tbh. Didn't rate the episode at all really, SIARPC was as good as SIARPC can be and the Senna video was OK.

I suppose you prefer exploding caravan type episodes then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Did Tom Cruise really put the car on two wheels for that long or was that a stunt done by someone else cos they didn't show inside the car or anything so im doubting tom did it.

Id say it was him, what would the point in getting anyone else in to do a stunt like that?

I'd say the reason for the camera angle was just to show how far off the ground the 2 wheels were. I was expecting to see an in car view too but i guess it made sense to do it that way.

Senna segmant was brilliant. I had goosebumps the whole way through.
    A colin Mcrae one +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

it was a crap episode

veyron bit done before basically
    stars were annoying whiney americans
    F1 bit not really suited to Top gear, why did they not just do it on the F1 buildup
    hammond piece was same old same old too

Its starting to get tedious I have to say

Veyron bit done before?????
    You are talking about the fastest production road car in the world, thats beautiful to look at as well??

Stars were whiney americans???
    You mean Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, who both posted the fastest lap times in the C'EED despite evident problems driving a right hand drive car with a manual box and with Cruise finishing on two wheels.

F1 bit no suitable to Top Gear???
    Its a car programme and F1 is the epitome of car design and engineering. AND they were talking about Ayrton Senna who was possibly the greatest driver of all time (even Schumacher and Hakkinen, both no slouches btw, admitted it) who was tragically killed in a car that was not only a hell of a lot faster and more powerful than today's cars but had a fraction of a modern car's safety gear.

Agree with you on the Hammond piece as this sort of thing has been done before but its still entertaining to watch.

Top Gear isn't as fresh as it once was and Clarkson is aging episode by episode but its still miles ahead of the sh1te that is passed off as "entertainment" on telly these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Veyron bit done before?????
    You are talking about the fastest production road car in the world, thats beautiful to look at as well??
    same exact piece was done before with May on the same track...
    Stars were whiney americans???
    You mean Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, who both posted the fastest lap times in the C'EED despite evident problems driving a right hand drive car with a manual box and with Cruise finishing on two wheels.
    Cruise cut every corner and that time should not be allowed stand. he also a complete tool IMO. the interviews in general this year have been very poor
    F1 bit no suitable to Top Gear???
    Its a car programme and F1 is the epitome of car design and engineering. AND they were talking about Ayrton Senna who was possibly the greatest driver of all time (even Schumacher and Hakkinen, both no slouches btw, admitted it) who was tragically killed in a car that was not only a hell of a lot faster and more powerful than today's cars but had a fraction of a modern car's safety gear.
    the whole piece had an air of "filler material" to it. Why not show it in the F1 German GP build up earlier that day, where actually F1 fans can watch it?
    Agree with you on the Hammond piece as this sort of thing has been done before but its still entertaining to watch.
    It was very very staged and fake looking
    Top Gear isn't as fresh as it once was and Clarkson is aging episode by episode but its still miles ahead of the sh1te that is passed off as "entertainment" on telly these days.
    granted, but maybe it should just die gracefully before its dragged on forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

This episode proves again my theory:) That nowdays Topgear seasons are bit hit or miss, sometimes not too good but sometimes fantastic,

and yes this episode was really, really good:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I dont usually watch but the missus had it on!

Thought it was one of the best episodes I have seen!

Advertisement