Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drink Driving Limit

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Vertakill wrote: »
    That's what you pieced together from my post?

I'm on a high horse and I'm fighting for the right to drink and drive?

That's impressive reading comprehension there, especially considering you were calling everyone ignorant bolloxs a few posts back.

Well, if you didn't garble your syntax so much...
    You're not going to save anyones life or raise their consciousness by choosing not to drive when faced with the option of driving or not after 1 pint.
    ...your posts might be easier to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I can understand wine at a meal.

I see where you're coming from but my main point was actively driving to a pub to have 1 pint.

There's a lot of eejits out there with no self discipline who'll end up drinking a 2nd or a 3rd pint once they got into the swing of things and then still expect to drive back home.

The only times I've driven to a pub, I haven't drank any alcohol as I don't see the point of drinking 1 pint.

My locals don't serve nice enough pints to warrant drinking for the taste!

So here's a difference in view.
    You see people who drive to pub to have a pint, and end up drinking 4 and still drive back home.
    You also don't see a point to go to the pub to drink one pint.

I see a big point to go to the pub to have 1 pint. I don't really like to have more then 2 because next day I don't feel well after anything more then 2 pints. So going to pub to have 1 pint for a taste and a little relax is great. And I'm very happy that after this 1 pint I'm allowed to drive back home, instead of walking 10km on a pissing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Your righteous indignation is channelled in one direction: arguing for the right to drink alcohol before driving. That's an awful grubby fight to be getting so high on your high horse about.

Alcohol affect people reaction. But there simple dependency - the more alcohol, the more affected person is.
    So it's natural, that there has to be a limit of alcohol under which you are still considered as OK to drive.
    You can't put people after 1 pint to the same bin as people after 10 pints.
    It's completely different thing.

The same with speeding. Do you thing that someone doing 52km/h in the town, is the same kind of danger as someone doing 140km/h in the town?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

CiniO wrote: »
    The same with speeding. Do you thing that someone doing 52km/h in the town, is the same kind of danger as someone doing 140km/h in the town?

So say its a 30km zone, either way you look at it the driver is increasing the risk of killing somebody should they hit them at speed.

Same goes for drink driving, why should everyone else have to deal with the increase risk of being hit and injured or killed by a person who just can't get a taxi instead of driving home after drinking.

Really is it that hard or are people afraid that paying for a taxi will affect their drinking money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

This post has been deleted.

Nevertheless its telling me I would be just on the limit with 2 pints (4 'drinks') in one hour. Bull****.

Also this is based on weight yes ? Well its actually important whether that weight is fat or lean body mass. They don't account for that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

What's your BAC supposed to be before you get done for diving under the influence? :P
    I guess it depends what you're diving on. :D:o

Advertisement