Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Can anyone explain the advantage of cancelling, except to move to a better phone maybe down the line.

I'm with them about 6 weeks and am happy enough with the phone and the plan. I pay 30/month incl a Data Allowance of 1 GB. I won't exceed either the free phone mins, text or Data Allowance.

Seems like I'd pay much the same for PAYG ? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

it takes soooooooooooo long to get to them!!!!

1st call ended by an accident i pressed end call while waiting for cancelation dept.

2nd just randomly ended

3rd still waiting

about 30 mins past now :S and the horrible transmission of snow patrol :S

I didn't even get to speak to someone to ask to be put through to cancellations, I was just on hold for a good 20 minutes. I'll try again in a minute.
    Then plan is to call into a store on my way home this evening & resign up for my free talk & text :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

rachel wrote: »
    I didn't even get to speak to someone to ask to be put through to cancellations, I was just on hold for a good 20 minutes. I'll try again in a minute.
    Then plan is to call into a store on my way home this evening & resign up for my free talk & text :D
    CAn you do that?? I thought there is a waiting period before you can sign back up to a bill pay plan.

Keep me updated if you can please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

CAn you do that?? I thought there is a waiting period before you can sign back up to a bill pay plan.

Keep me updated if you can please

yes you can, I asked could I sign up to the bill pay lite option today and she said yes, just drop into a store.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    yes you can, I asked could I sign up to the bill pay lite option today and she said yes, just drop into a store.

I believe we will have to change number though. I think you have to wait 30 days if you want to keep your number.

Back on hold ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Covey wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the advantage of cancelling, except to move to a better phone maybe down the line.

I'm with them about 6 weeks and am happy enough with the phone and the plan. I pay 30/month incl a Data Allowance of 1 GB. I won't exceed either the free phone mins, text or Data Allowance.

Seems like I'd pay much the same for PAYG ? Or am I missing something?

You're not tied down to a contract. You can move to their bill pay lite smart tariff and get the exact same deal you're getting now, but are free to move at any time.

And like you said, if a decent phone comes out in 6 months times you can sign another contract and get it subsidised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

yeah well got bill pay smart 30 with 200/200 + 1GB and thats not enough... well 1gb is enough but the 200/200 so ill be back to free calls and texts as soon as i can

rachel wrote: »
    I believe we will have to change number though. I think you have to wait 30 days if you want to keep your number.

Back on hold ...

change your no. to sign up with bill pay smart 30? no..not that I'm aware.

yeah well got bill pay smart 30 with 200/200 + 1GB and thats not enough... well 1gb is enough but the 200/200 so ill be back to free calls and texts as soon as i can

that plan(bill pay smart lite 30) includes 200min,200txt, 1 gig data and free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/lite/#plans-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

change your no. to sign up with bill pay smart 30? no..not that I'm aware.

Sorry, my bad, would be handy if I can keep my number. Still on hold. Got cut off after 20 mins so trying again now!
    Will post back if I ever get through

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

johnc24 wrote: »
    Same here, expecting a call Monday..........I was also promised a call back at 13:50 for 15 mins later on Friday so she could suss out the situation as they were not notified about it, do you think I got my call back??

See if the managers are any better at keeping their word on Monday?

Hi all

I called them the day before yesterday and I got the usual jibber jabber trying to tell you it does not apply to you.

I called again yesterday, made it very clear the EU regulation statement, I actually read it out to her twice! She said she would send it to a manager who would call me today and just 10 mins ago I got the call telling me it was ok to cancel because we did not agree with the new T&Cs, she transferred me to the cancellations dept and it took all of about 60 seconds to be free.

All I say is you must take a very solid stance on the phone with them, state the EU reg until they agree to make a note on your file and send it to a manager. The reason I encourage people to cancel is because if it was the other way around they would qoute T&Cs all night long so you would not be able to get out of contract or penalise you a lot of money to do so....

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Just called 5 minutes ago and got thru to customer care, got the usual line that the contract was not changing until August and I had been given 30 days notice but I replied with the EU regulation that I had the right to leave the contract and was put thru to cancellations straight away. Will be on PAYG in the next 20 minutes and free to choose again.....whey:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Andrew Cage

Is that ok?

that plan(bill pay smart lite 30) includes 200min,200txt, 1 gig data and free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/lite/#plans-tab

i took the contract about 2 weeks before they announced free calls and texts to meteor so i wasnt eligable...anyway will be nice to be out...tbh i preffer PAYG...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

just got off contract myself .. only had to say it once.. girl said plan is getting cheaper with the changes - just said i understand the changes but still don’t agree to the modification so want to cancel and she said fine you will be on pre-pay within 20minutes :)

elmoie wrote: »
    just got off contract myself .. only had to say it once.. girl said plan is getting cheaper with the changes - just said i understand the changes but still don’t agree to the modification so want to cancel and she said fine you will be on pre-pay within 20minutes :)

Do you get a refund of the remainder of your contract btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

My bill is due at the moment, anyone know if i would have to pay it first before i cancel or am i just pushing my luck :-)

t.henno66 wrote: »
    My bill is due at the moment, anyone know if i would have to pay it first before i cancel or am i just pushing my luck :-)

Even if you cancel now you will still have to pay the bill, dont think they can refuse to release you because of a unpaid bill however

Even if you cancel now you will still have to pay the bill, dont think they can refuse to release you because of a unpaid bill however

If you don't go over your package limits though you've paid in advance.

• Advertisement

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

Thanks, i'll get onto them tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 LOL_IRW

Hello!

Sry, my english is quit bad.

So, if Iam in 12mth contract, € 25per/month, signed in jan 2010. Can i get out of contract?

If yes, I must ring to meteor? And then? They move my number form bill pay to PAYG on the phone?

No new SIM?

Tnx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LOL_IRW wrote: »
    Hello!

So, if Iam in 12mth contract, € 25per/month, signed in jan 2010. Can i get out of contract?

If yes, I must ring to meteor? And then? They move my number form bill pay to PAYG on the phone?

No new SIM?

Tnx
    Yes that's it, no new sim.

LOL_IRW wrote: »
    Hello!

No new SIM?

Tnx

Yep that is correct just quote the EU law and then you will put on PAYG with the same number and you do not have to change sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭SteM

Yep that is correct just quote the EU law and then you will put on PAYG with the same number and you do not have to change sim.

And at that point could I go onto the billpay lite with the same number?

Meteors official response taken from there website is in short.....yep you can leave no problem, but we want the phone back.

You are correct that in accordance with the EU Regulations, if you wish to remove yourself from your contract with Meteor as a result of this change that you are within your rights to do so. In accordance with the Ts & Cs, termination must be notified in writing prior to the date of implementation of the change, so you would need to cancel your contract in writing before the 22nd of August. Also in accordance with the T&C’s, if you are within the minimum period of your contract, Meteor is entitled to require the return of your handset. The change does not directly affect customers on Bill Pay Max, Bill Pay Surf or our Smart Plans, as they already have an inclusive allowance of Data within their plans.

However, as outlined above, we will be providing you with better value Mobile Internet pricing with this change, so you probably won’t want to leave because of this!

rang them 4th time got onto to the fella that i talked to and said that will ring me back when i rang them the 3rd time...so got on hold for cancelation dept and after a min got to a girl and she put me back to PAYG...so same sim same number and out of the contract :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Meteors official response taken from there website is in short.....yep you can leave no problem, but we want the phone back.

You are correct that in accordance with the EU Regulations, if you wish to remove yourself from your contract with Meteor as a result of this change that you are within your rights to do so. In accordance with the Ts & Cs, termination must be notified in writing prior to the date of implementation of the change, so you would need to cancel your contract in writing before the 22nd of August. Also in accordance with the T&C’s, if you are within the minimum period of your contract, Meteor is entitled to require the return of your handset. The change does not directly affect customers on Bill Pay Max, Bill Pay Surf or our Smart Plans, as they already have an inclusive allowance of Data within their plans.

However, as outlined above, we will be providing you with better value Mobile Internet pricing with this change, so you probably won’t want to leave because of this!
    Good luck getting my mine back, seeing as they've already moved me to PAYG.

They better not get any funny ideas about keeping my deposit.

• Advertisement

Good luck getting my mine back, seeing as they've already moved me to PAYG.

They better not get any funny ideas about keeping my deposit.

That could get messy!!!!! Because its not a penalty for leaving its because you will not return the phone.

Considering i already have free calls and texts im beginning to think is it worth the hassle considering everything is working fine for me, But the idea of being on the 30day contract and being able to leave when i want or get a new phone.....Hmmm i think i shall have to sleep on this one.

Advertisement