Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy racer habits

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

super106 wrote: »
    you make me laugh,

its called heel and toe. I walk my dogs too and love to see people driving well... motorsport like. I do hate Levin drivers, they seem to be the thing with the lads and lil girlies !!!

the originator of this thread probably owns a carina E lean burn, or a family man in his scenic and roof box .

Yeah thats a very sensible statement !!:rolleyes: I dont have anything against these lads i purely asked why they do it.... And no i dont have a lean burn carina or Scenic nor am i a family man, Now whos stereotyping ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Maybe he drives a Hino with a crash gear box all day long and forgot himself???????..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

have to agree with lads. its really hard for "normal" people to see a line between boyracer and "enthusiast". Theres still a lot of people, who will see a modified car and label it as a boyracer bastord... One thing that really pisses me of, as when they see a young fella ( no matter what car), they just assume its freaking boyracer!

Hate those little shizboxes with 1.0 engines being driven like 4.0 V8s...

Gards are not stupid, they know whats happening in theyr town. They can see boy racers, and can see just a person who is in to his car.

Surprisingly one weird thing happened to me: I drove up the town home, and garda car jumped on my tail. it was fallowing me, sometimes you just know it ;). I founded a spot near petrol station and parked in there, to get my ussual chiken wrap! :D While i was taking a vallet from glovebox, garda car was just driving slowly as possible, just to get near my window... when i got my head up i sow a garda ( woman), she looked at me, smiled, then waved, then did 180 turn in front of me, and drove off.... i was like: WTF?!

and what happened today, got in to town, and some corrola just jumped in front of me, when he sow me, he just revved his engine to ****, while passing by... Hmmmm,, is that good or bad? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭cml387

Oh preconceptions!

A few weeks ago I parked in the pay car park beside a typical boy racer dude
    (baseball cap,souped up starlet boom boom boom).

Grrrr.

He came over to me

"There's nearly an hour on this parking ticket,here, have it."

"Oh thanks"

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cml387 wrote: »
    Oh preconceptions!

A few weeks ago I parked in the pay car park beside a typical boy racer dude
    (baseball cap,souped up starlet boom boom boom).

Grrrr.

He came over to me

"There's nearly an hour on this parking ticket,here, have it."

"Oh thanks"

:o

Lol fair play to him thought :)))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 super106

how is it heal and toe if they are going up the gears??
    heal and toe is used in agressave driving going down the gears, tapping the accelerator going down the gears in relativly normal speeds

ok blipping the throttle then, heel still on the floor and toe doing some tapping,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

From what I can recall, heel and toe involves use of brake and throttle at same time to keep engine revs up while changing gear. It's mainly used to keep motorsport engines 'on the cam' at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Heel and toe makes sense when downshifting......but thats it!

It makes no sense when upshifting unless I'm missing something? Changing up a gear the revs will drop so surely the last thing you want to do is blip the throttle to increase revs before meshing?

Apart from the obvious fact that heel n toe is braking - not what you'd do when overtaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

super106 wrote: »
    ok blipping the throttle then, heel still on the floor and toe doing some tapping,
    Ah, so that's what 'heel and toe' is! Thanks for clarifying that.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement