Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy racer habits

Options
  • 23-07-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

This makes me laugh, just back from walking the dogs and some fool just tears passed me in his Toyota levin. In between every gear change he gave it a rev, what is the point to this? :confused: Where did they learn this ? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I expect a torrent of idiots moaning about the term 'boy racer'. To you all, get the fúck over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Ricardo G wrote: »
    This makes me laugh, just back from walking the dogs and some fool just tears passed me in his Toyota levin. In between every gear change he gave it a rev, what is the point to this? :confused: Where did they learn this ? :rolleyes:

Double clutching I'd imagine. Clutch down > change into neutral > clutch up > clutch down > change into next gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I expect a torrent of idiots moaning about the term 'boy racer'. To you all, get the fúck over it.

Well i could of used enthusiast or modifier, whatever they call it but this guy was a boy (17/18) racer...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

What's a levin worth?

It's a federal prison in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

ya its double clutchin, but dono why there is a need for it going up the gears:confused: fair enough going down if ya have an uprated clutch or that.

maybe he wants to look cool???

@max damage, get over it will ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Max_Damage wrote: »

If the [baseball] cap fits.........!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Well i could of used enthusiast or modifier, whatever they call it but this guy was a boy (17/18) racer...

Ah that explains it, obviously if they were older, they would have been enthusiasts.
    Whats their age got to do with anything. Maybe you should change your username to "Uncle Gaybo".

ya its double clutchin, but dono why there is a need for it going up the gears:confused: fair enough going down if ya have an uprated clutch or that.

maybe he wants to look cool???

Whats the advantage? or is there one

VinnyTGM wrote: »
    Ah that explains it, obviously if they were older, they would have been enthusiasts.
    Whats their age got to do with anything. Maybe you should change your username to "Uncle Gaybo".

Age has everything to do with it !!!!!!!!!!!!! its called being imature

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's no way a 17 year old is driving a levin. Get your eyesight checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

We call those kind of people 'Richard Craniums'. (The f*ckwits won't get that one!) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Less wear on the syncros I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

this would be knowing as bopping in a twin cam, something that originated from lorry driving, where you would give it a rev to keep the turbo spooled during gear changes. in a twin cam however its done for the sound only.

double clutching to me is something totally different

well its to match the revs with the speed if the gears for goin down the gears if ya have an uprated clutch so it wont judder the car like a lerner driver because there is little - no slippage on the clutch. its just more for cumfort in daily driving and on the track it helps keep the lap times down by a tiny fraction and keeps the car more stable going into corners when pushing it hard

bmw535d wrote: »
    this would be knowing as bopping in a twin cam, something that originated from lorry driving, where you would give it a rev to keep the turbo spooled during gear changes. in a twin cam however its done for the sound only.

double clutching to me is something totally different

Levins aren't turbo I think?

There's no way a 17 year old is driving a levin. Get your eyesight checked.

why???

Age has everything to do with it !!!!!!!!!!!!! its called being imature

I'm not disagreeing with you that this guy (how do you no it wasn't a girl?) was being a gobsh1te. For all you know it could have been a 30 year old woman, or is that going against stereotypes.
    But you obviously think that anyone under 20 and happens to be a male is a boy racer, listening to too many "he drives, she dies" ads I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

why???

Because of its huge 1.6 engine

I'm not disagreeing with you that this guy (how do you no it wasn't a girl?) was being a gobsh1te. For all you know it could have been a 30 year old woman, or is that going against stereotypes.
    But you obviously think that anyone under 20 and happens to be a male is a boy racer, listening to too many "he drives, she dies" ads I think.

Sorry mate thats not what i'm saying at all. The car is well known around the town here (believe it or not he's a delivery BOY for Domino's pizza:D)
    so yes i do know how old he is. I don't stereotype people, what would you call tearing up and down a residential area ? certainly not mature

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Because of its huge 1.6 engine

thats not to say he cant get insurance or whatever, i was 18 when i got my impreza and that was a 2.0l turbo type ra, i got insurance no prob!!

• Advertisement

thats not to say he cant get insurance or whatever, i was 18 when i got my impreza and that was a 2.0l turbo type ra, i got insurance no prob!!

Whoooooooooosh.

Levins aren't turbo I think?

yea i know which is why i said in twincams (levins) its done for noise. people who own them like the noise of the janspeed when they tap the throttle.

Whoooooooooosh.

i believe its, tssssssstt:pac:

yea i know which is why i said in twincams (levins) its done for noise. people who own them like the noise of the janspeed when they tap the throttle.

that is prob more than likely what he was doing!!

i believe its, tssssssstt:pac:
    Whoooooooooosh.

:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry mate thats not what i'm saying at all. The car is well known around the town here (believe it or not he's a delivery BOY for Domino's pizza:D)
    so yes i do know how old he is. I don't stereotype people, what would you call tearing up and down a residential area ? certainly not mature

Alright fair enough you know who owns it. But back to your original point :p, Yeh the driver is an idiot, the only thing that will make him learn though is when he finally hits someone :mad: .
    Why not report it to the Gards, if they ever caught him acting like this they'd have other complaints in their pulse system which wouldn't do him any favours.

Alright fair enough you know who owns it. But back to your original point :p, Yeh the driver is an idiot, the only thing that will make him learn though is when he finally hits someone :mad: .
    Why not report it to the Gards, if they ever caught him acting like this they'd have other complaints in their pulse system which wouldn't do him any favours.

your not serious are you?:confused:

what would you call tearing up and down a residential area
    your not serious are you?:confused:

The OP said the driver was tearing up and down residential roads, that would be dangerous in my book.
    I'm all for driving fast on National and regional roads but if something happens in a built up area, with people and children around the place things can get ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

:confused::confused::confused:
    It's the sound of the joke going over your head....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Sounds like your typical immature boy racer dick....probably making vroom vroom sounds in his head too

Advertisement