Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another youtube stunt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

SV wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can't see any sign of a road...anywhere?

Am I the only one that can't find this Clip!!!

- Original Youtube Video removed..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Raiser wrote: »
    Am I the only one that can't find this Clip!!!

- Original Youtube Video removed..... :(

Yes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67072477&postcount=128

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Haddockman wrote: »
    It could be a river for all we know.

it could be a sharp descent into another field for all we know!
    where did the talk of a road even come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AndyOM

Id love to see it landin. Its dangerous and stupid yes but its impressive all the same!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

bijapos wrote: »
    No way in hell is that the N71 or anything near it.

Look at the jump again, the gap is about twice the length of the car. Now take out the slope of the ditch, the ditch itself and the verge on both sides and you have a road thats about 2.5m wide max. The kind of road where when two cars meet one has to reverse back to the last gap. The country is full of them. Either way there is someone in the road watching which shows some cop on on their part.

Anyone else notice the blue Golf on the left at the start of the video, and the way the "ramp" is well worn, looks like the "Dukes" have been practising hard.

Yeah, I live beside the N71 and would say that the video is more like over a regional or third class road off the N71. At first I thought it was just a ditch they were jumping but if it is actually a public road then there's obviously a problem with it. I don't see any problem if they want to ramp over ditches in a field though. Far better than taking their antics out on a public road where they might put lives other than their own in danger.

Btw, I know some of the country roads are extremely quiet and might rarely have a car or person pass them but that's still no reason to use them for stunts even if it's the case that someone is keeping watch for other road users.

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    it could be a sharp descent into another field for all we know!
    where did the talk of a road even come from?
    There are fears the car jumped over a section of the N71 — one of the busiest tourist routes in the region.

The Examiner.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/safety-chiefs-condemn-road-jump-125854.html#ixzz0uV2SE62y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well if it is in the paper it must be true

It doesn't actually state as fact that it took place on the N71, it leads with 'There are fears...' Which translates to mean fúck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

as said in an earlier post... the guy driving that car must be sore. Anything above a 1.5m drop in a standard car is going to hurt... ouch! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

AndyOM wrote: »
    Is the car a write off now or what? Did it not fall apart on landin??

You can see it driving off towards the left through the trees in the video - around 16secs in, presumably coming back around for the next take!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There won't be much of the suspension left. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

There was another vid by the same guy of a jump in a field where the radiator gave out. The Micra looked a lot worse at that stage so I assume it was after he jumped the busy thoroughfare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

They might be able to sell it on here now that it's famous! http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=RW09&CarID=r094&Currency=USD

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭kyote00

Dukes of Hazzard

No sign of Boss Hog.

I wonder did the Micra break up on impact...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I thought the Micra video was gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Just like the media to blow things out of proportion by saying it was the N71 and one of the busiest roads in the country. Must not be selling enough papers I suppose :rolleyes:.

Not that I condone this sort of thing (although it was funny :D) but that road was definitely too narrow to be a national road. Not unless things have gotten really bad in Clonakilty :eek::eek:.

If they want to kill themselves, that's their prerogative and it does look like it was done on/over :D private land so theres not a whole lot that can be done about it really. Especially with a lack of a view of who was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

Why can't that be a private driveway with hedge rows on both sides ?

Doesn't look like public road to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

I have look at this video over and over again and I cannot tell it is a road they jump over. It is a wild overactive Assumption to make to call it a road. It is definitely not a double lane road for the gap is far too small and that rules out a N road. If this is an N road like the RSA are saying then they should have their arse's kicked for allowing this road to be a N road.

If the gap between the hedges was wider, The RSA/Gardai cannot still prove it is a N road until they go to the scene of the jump and compare it to the video otherwise any comments of such statements are false and make them over reactive, by associated it to a major road.

The Jump between the two hedges could also be any of the following.
    • A small river
    • Stream
    • Large double ditch (All I have seen on the land across many farms).
    • A small by-road.
    • Private passageway.

Either way I am not concern. If these idiots want to risk their own lives or injure themselves as long it only their lives and not injure any innocent bystanders and jumping over any road where there is potential traffic. It is their responsibility to look after themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Disgraceful driving. Hope they are banned for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

OnceIcaughtafiash (2 days ago)

Hi there,
    I'm replying to an add you have up on the examiner about a second hand Red Micra? My nanny might be interested in it.
    Is it in good condition? How's the suspension?
    thanks,

Hahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Mister men wrote: »
    Disgraceful driving. Hope they are banned for life.

not you again. are you related to jock101?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Gophur wrote: »
    All conducted on private property, with the exception of the 12-16 feet it was airborne!

Hard to see how the Gardai can do anything.

Maybe not the Gardai, the IAA (Irish Aviation Authority) need to get involved here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are under 500ft so the IAA won't be interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

High horse brigade out in force I see :D

I personally thought it was hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

KamiKazi wrote: »
    High horse brigade out in force I see :D

Down boy! :mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

ottostreet wrote: »
    not you again. are you related to jock101?

If you don't like a post, please report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭eire1990

there is no way that is a public road looks like a farm track in that case it got notting to do with anyone but the land owner not like that other vid that was in the news they were just stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

The video has been taken down.
    Anyone know where I could see it?
    another link maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭eire1990

Advertisement